• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon White 2 advice wanted

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Hi everyone, I am brand new here as for the past few months (on and off) I have been playing my first ever pokemon game - White 2. I am currently almost about to battle team plasma in the final, so I am clearly not too far ahead in the story (I have had difficulties with the story-line not advancing - I exit the Giant Chasm to see the old and new team plasma members having a stand off, but nothing happens. I don't know what's going on there, but I digress... ). However, I am at a loss for how to improve my currently mediocre team, and any and all advice would be appreciated. Again, please be aware I am really new to this and don't have a very in-depth knowledge of the game or tactics. :)
    If this thread is in the wrong place, I am very sorry!

1. Serperior
    -Coil
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain
    -Leaf Blade

2. Flygon
    -Fly
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Breath
    -Dragon Tail (I really want to replace this move, I don't like it.)

3. Arcanine
    -Flame Thrower
    -Flame Burst
    -Outrage
    -Strength

4. Ampharos
    -Volt Switch
    -Discharge
    -Power Gem
    -Confuse Ray

5. Lapras OR Vaporeon
    I have both of these pokemon, at about level 40 (the others are closer to 50, the highest at 55 or so.) and I believe lapras is the better choice, but I would really appreciate any advice :)
    Lapras' moves currently are:
    -Surf
    -???
    -Ice Beam
    -Perish Song
    However, these are obviously open to change as I level it up.
    Vaporeon's moves currently are:
    -Surf
    -Aurora Beam
    -Hydro Pump
    -Scald (I think)

6. Reuniclus
    This pokemon I am not sure about. I only ever really use him to catch and/or weaken wild pokemon using Dizzy Punch and Endeaver. I am thinking about replacing him with a different pokemon, but I have no idea what to put in his place. I would really like suggestions here, thanks! :)
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Recover
    -Physic
    -Endeaver

That's all I got so far, once again any and all advice greatly appreciated! :D

Years
  • Hi everyone, I am brand new here as for the past few months (on and off) I have been playing my first ever pokemon game - White 2. I am currently almost about to battle team plasma in the final, so I am clearly not too far ahead in the story (I have had difficulties with the story-line not advancing - I exit the Giant Chasm to see the old and new team plasma members having a stand off, but nothing happens. I don't know what's going on there, but I digress... ). However, I am at a loss for how to improve my currently mediocre team, and any and all advice would be appreciated. Again, please be aware I am really new to this and don't have a very in-depth knowledge of the game or tactics. :)
    If this thread is in the wrong place, I am very sorry!

1. Serperior
    -Coil
    -Leech Seed
    -Giga Drain
    -Leaf Blade

2. Flygon
    -Fly
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Breath
    -Dragon Tail (I really want to replace this move, I don't like it.)

3. Arcanine
    -Flame Thrower
    -Flame Burst
    -Outrage
    -Strength

4. Ampharos
    -Volt Switch
    -Discharge
    -Power Gem
    -Confuse Ray

5. Lapras OR Vaporeon
    I have both of these pokemon, at about level 40 (the others are closer to 50, the highest at 55 or so.) and I believe lapras is the better choice, but I would really appreciate any advice :)
    Lapras' moves currently are:
    -Surf
    -???
    -Ice Beam
    -Perish Song
    However, these are obviously open to change as I level it up.
    Vaporeon's moves currently are:
    -Surf
    -Aurora Beam
    -Hydro Pump
    -Scald (I think)

6. Reuniclus
    This pokemon I am not sure about. I only ever really use him to catch and/or weaken wild pokemon using Dizzy Punch and Endeaver. I am thinking about replacing him with a different pokemon, but I have no idea what to put in his place. I would really like suggestions here, thanks! :)
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Recover
    -Physic
    -Endeaver

That's all I got so far, once again any and all advice greatly appreciated! :D

Hey, welcome to Pokemon and to PC! There's a forum specifically for help and discussion for Gen 5 games right here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200

This forum is more for online Wi-fi battles and stuff like that.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
  • All previous gen games are mostly In-Game team help topics.
    You should post your team here https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269 and set you Prefix for B/W.

But it doesn't hurt giving some advice either.

I advice you to get a HM slave a mon that has 4 HM moves that you not use in battles and use the 5 mons to battle trough the game.

Serperior is a special attacker so it doesn't benefit from Leaf Blade much. You better of with Giga Drain and Leaf Storm. In Gen 5 you can't have the Contrary ability so don't forget to switch it out after you used it.
    In-game teams normally don't need Set Up moves cause the AI is kinda dumb sometimes so I would go with another coverage move like Dragon Pulse (if you have access to the move tutors)

Flygon is a physical attacker so you go with physical moves only normally. Fly is kinda redundant, you can keep this if you are using him as your Fly user ofcourse.
    Replace Dragon Breath with Dragon Claw and Dragon Tail can be replaced with U-Turn to give some momentum or Roost to have some healing.

Arcanine can go both ways Physical and Special it's your choice. Again HM moves are annoying so if you don't need Strength I would replace it with Crunch. Replace Flame Burst with Extremspeed and Flamethrower should be replaced with Flare Blitz. You can keep Outrage if you really want but there are better moves.

Ampharos is good with Discharge or Thunderbolt. Ampharos kinda sucked in 5th gen so I think Power Gem is fine. Replace Confuse Ray with Thunder Wave.

Reuniclus is a slow pokemon and normally only used in Trick Room teams but if you want it I would go with the following moves.
    - Psychic
    - Recover
    - Energy Ball
    - Shadow Ball

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    Thanks a lot you two! I wasn't expecting such a fast reply! :D
    I am very sorry for posting in the wrong place, I admit is is a little confusing with so many topics and threads. Should I just post the same thing in the correct section and wait for a moderator or admin to delete this?

Years
  • Thanks a lot you two! I wasn't expecting such a fast reply! :D
    I am very sorry for posting in the wrong place, I admit is is a little confusing with so many topics and threads. Should I just post the same thing in the correct section and wait for a moderator or admin to delete this?

Don't worry about it! If you still need some help some help, just post this in either of the forums we sent you links for.

Back