• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokemon Wood

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Looking nice mate.

I have no clue what you mean; what program are you talking about?

Perhaps woodmap?

No genius, I just enjoy the real ROM hacking.Thanks for the compliment, though.

Haha nice.

@gvgisdi

Even you could do this, anyone with a brain can do this, it's all about planning and visualisation, breaking that vision down into chunks, then following procedures to get to the goal you want to achieve.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
Even you could do this, anyone with a brain can do this, it's all about planning and visualisation, breaking that vision down into chunks, then following procedures to get to the goal you want to achieve.
My brain isn't too strong :P I read some stuff about I/II gen hacking yesterday, looks hard, but someday I'll try anyway. :D

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 17, 2019
Looking nice mate.
Thank you, Cartmic!

Perhaps woodmap?
In that case: I wrote it in VB6, and, except for the sprite converting (GB-to-PictureBox) function that was kindly written by Darthatron, is written in a very bad way (hopefully I've improved since that time) and is very slow (that's why I never released it). And, after all, it just edits maps and display (not edit!) maps/tilesets headers and event data in a more readable format than a hex editor's.

@gvgisdi
Even you could do this, anyone with a brain can do this
I could not agree more.

Years
Always like a good gbc hack..Trees have to be the easiest thing to map, i this one of the reasons for the idea. what inspired this heavily wooded hack

Back