• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon WORLD - Fan Game + MMO Presentation

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    Hello PC, i have come to this site to bring word to all my fellow Pokefans out there, that i am currently in the works of creating a Pokemon Fan Game, which is simultaneously a Presentation that i will be taking to Nintendo to pitch the idea of the first OFFICIAL Pokemon MMO!

Features
    -----------------------------------

RPG Maker MV Engine with Custom Made Resources.

Travel the Entire Pokemon World, Start from Any Starting Town in Any Region. (The New Region is the Default.)

A New Original Region, Complete with over 150 Fakemon! (as well as some Fakemon Mega Evolutions!)

A "Pokemon Series Friendly" Storyline, yet still deep enough to give the player a Personality.

Ride Pokemon! just like in Sun & Moon you'll never need to use an HM again!

Customize your Trainer from the very beginning, with more options available as you play! (you can even Customize your Pokemon too!)

Contests return not only in certain regions, but in EVERY region! become a Pokemon Breeder Champion alongside becoming World Champion!

Meet Characters that are New and Familiar alike, inspired by the Games and Anime!

Compete in Leaderboards to see who is the REAL Pokemon Master!

Fight in ALL kinds of Battles! (Single, Double, Triple, Sky, Rotation, as well as new Royale and Sea Battles!)

New to the Series: Type Affinity! Complete a Poke-Survey to Decide your Starter Pokemon, as well as make it easier for you to find Shiny and High IV Pokemon!

AND SO MUCH MORE!!!
    -----------------------------------------

sooo, what do you think everybody?? Feedback and Questions are both welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    Wrong forum?

Did you... just say that?

Anyways, it appears to be quite ambitious.

and you probably won't finish it

yes, i actually said that, for YEARS i have dreamed of an official Pokemon MMO, and RPG Maker MV might be my best way to show that such a thing is not only welcome, but wanted too!

and yes i know it is ambitious, i never been one for the idea of making small games. *nervous chuckle*

but i digress, i can understand why you would think that i probably wont finish, the thing is where others would give up, i wouldnt... i havent all my life when i was told that i'd never be able to make video games for a living, in fact when i'm told i cant (or wont) finish something, it just compels me to do it more!

in any case i intend to not do this alone in the first place, i will be seeking aid from the PokeCommunity, as well as the RPG Maker Community, to make my dream take shape, like my Fakemon Legendary, Orpheos The Dream Pokemon.

so with that being said, do you think it wont be finished now? either answer will only compel me further, so by all means. XD

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
    yes, i actually said that, for YEARS i have dreamed of an official Pokemon MMO, and RPG Maker MV might be my best way to show that such a thing is not only welcome, but wanted too!

With all due respect, I imagine that if Nintendo wanted an official Pokemon MMO, then we'd probably have one. And one that's made with something better than RPG Maker MV.

I understand wanting to make such a thing, and there's nothing wrong with making your own Pokemon MMO, but I honestly doubt that it'll ever be official. Because if Nintendo makes one fan-game an official game, then they'll have to make all of them official. And that ain't gonna happen.

Crizzle

Legend
    Years
    With all due respect, I imagine that if Nintendo wanted an official Pokemon MMO, then we'd probably have one. And one that's made with something better than RPG Maker MV.

I understand wanting to make such a thing, and there's nothing wrong with making your own Pokemon MMO, but I honestly doubt that it'll ever be official. Because if Nintendo makes one fan-game an official game, then they'll have to make all of them official. And that ain't gonna happen.

I don't think that logic(in bold) is necessarily true. They wouldn't be obligated to make all fan games official should they decide to make one official. The reason why they'd never make a fan game official is because it would be hard to make money off that.
    That said, your overall point is correct.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    ok i can accept that, Nintendo probably would shoot the idea down entirely, even if RPG Maker wasnt the engine in question.

either way i wanna make a really good pokemon fangame, and who knows, maybe it can become a Free-to-Play MMO in the future, like the MMO that uses the game boy graphics.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    Pokemon WORLD Contest!

Hello everyone, with my announcement of Pokemon WORLD being a project of mine, i have a contest for you all!

Submit your Fakemon Art and Concepts HERE! amongst the lucky ones who do the best work with their Fakemon (Art, Pokedex Entry, Stats, Abilities, Type and Move Pool) will have the glory of being part of my Pokemon Fangame, complete with full credit at the end screen and even on the Pokedex!

there are currently 149 Available Pokedex Entries waiting to be filled, the Legendary spot has already been taken by yours truly, as i came up with it myself.

so Submit your Fakemon TODAY, and get your 15 mins of Fame!

NOTE: you may have as many Evolutions/Forms as you like, but too many Evos/Forms may get you rejected, so by all means be creative, just leave room for everyone else!

lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2022
    What a great idea! I've been waiting for a new 2017 Fresh Pokemon MMO so this will be good.
    I got one fakemon idea to give.
    Don't ask for too much help, you need to do some of the work too.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    What a great idea! I've been waiting for a new 2017 Fresh Pokemon MMO so this will be good.
    I got one fakemon idea to give.
    Don't ask for too much help, you need to do some of the work too.

not exactly asking for "help", i just want to make sure that i accurately portray these fakemon their authors intend them to be, so dont take it the wrong way, either way you are welcome to submit the idea here on the page, as well as ask anything else about Pokemon World. :)

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
    not exactly asking for "help"

On the contrary, though, that sounds exactly like what you're doing. To me, your contest really just appears to be a "do this hard work for me" pitch. Your prize for the "lucky ones who do the best work" is the "glory" of being in your game and being credited. No offense intended, but that "glory" is non-existent at this point in time - you've shared nothing about your game except for a list of features that you want to put into the game. Nothing that shows just how "glorious" this game is, or even that any progress has been made on it. Speaking as a someone who's been in the fan-game community for nearly two years now, few fan-games ever actually reached a point of "glory" and there's absolutely no guarantee that yours will. You're basically offering something that you can't ensure will happen. All that you offered that is certain is that the creators will be credited, and that's not really a big incentive.

If you really want this idea of a contest to work out, then you're going to need to do something more that "send in Fakemon and I'll pick the best ones to use" especially if you're trying to fill 149 slots, especially this early in the game's conception. If you want to do it now, then you'd need to offer a better incentive. Something that would actually make people want to participate, not just getting their work in your game with credits at the end. Most player's probably don't even look at the credits at all, to be completely honest. Another option would be to go ahead a develop the game without Fakemon, and show off just how "glorious" your game is and make people actually want to be a part of it, rather than just hoping a ton of people will jump on the idea at the start.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    *smh* why is everybody thinking that i am desperate for resources? man, this is all giving me such a headache... look, i dont have anything to show you right now because i just recently decided to start working on this game. since i'm using RPG Maker MV, i'll have to start making the custom resources first and foremost, not to mention get the help of a scripter like Yanfly to change the gameplay via plugins, it's not like grabbing pokemon essentials 16.2 and just get to work. -_-;

i simply want to let the community in on the project, so ppl wouldnt have to create their own game just to see their own fakemon come to life in a game, and i know that not many games get a glorious reputation, but i am determined to make it so, i will finish and polish my fan game until it does, no matter if this project takes me the next decade.

i dont give up, as cheesy as that may sound. XD

Back