• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon World Online

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Not sure if this is the right place to post.

I've noticed this free online Pokemon MMORGP advertisement, and I was wondering if it is worth getting and if it is any good?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    I highly doubt it, that way it seems to be set up will most likely be similar to that of runscape and maple story where you have large groups of people running ove the same area.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I was thinking about doing it... I've seen a few youtube videos about it and it looks solid (to say the least).

Just a few things I'm worried about:

A- Viruses. I already (mistakenly) infected my desktop with various viruses, and I'm NOT doing that to my Mac....

B- Speaking of Macs, I wonder if I can run it on this machine

C- Overall quality. I've been staring at it for quite a while, just itching to get into the action. I mean, it looks like there's not a lot of people using it... so it won't be like Runescape (which I hate...).

So pretty much, I'll do it if you do it :).

EDIT: OK, so I tried to download it yesterday and... meh. First off you need this Zango thing or whatever, which is a lesser copy of AIM or MSN. Then you need a copy of Virtual Boy or some sort of application for it (obviously), and A.) I can't find a newer version for the Mac and B.) I don't want to get more viruses (unless someone can PM a good one... then I'll try it again). Finally, the file itself SEEMS pretty safe, but I won't know for sure until I can actually play the game.

Last edited:

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    it wont muck up your computer as long as it is protected. all viruses and ill content will be elminiated, and if worst comes to worst, itll not let you download it altogether. think ill give it a bash tomorrow.

ive done research on it and no it isnt that popular right now. but i remember when runescape wasnt as such, when i first got it. it rules now compared. but i still liked it when it first came out. i think it might grow over the next few years and maybe itll become as advanced as runescape?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Hmm, maybe I'll try to get more involved in this. It seems like a great idea though! Plus, less people means when (if) it gets popular, you can crush them with a strong team (since there is PvP battles) >D!

The NPC and Gym Leader battles seem pretty neat, but what'll happen if they get overcrowded and you see a whole bunch of users crowding around Misty? Can they all battle at the same time? "O noes doode, I was totaly hur furst!!" Hurr... mistie iz purrttyyy :)" =/.

But yeah, as I said above, all I need is the right application.

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • I was thinking of doing it, heck it would bring back my old Pokemon Crater memories :D

mrshaun7

King of the Mighty Turtwig
    Years
  • teehee, i was about to start this topic. my user is mrshaun7. i am a member so you may not see me so much on the blue and silver servers.

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
  • Lol, I was going to start a topic on this too. So basically, all you need is vba, and a decent virus protector to download it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Lol, I was going to start a topic on this too. So basically, all you need is vba, and a decent virus protector to download it?

Yeah, that's what I would go with... just incase.

Does anyone know the newest version of VBA for the Mac btw?

But yeah... still no luck trying to find a clean application to play it on.

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • so can someone who plays it actually tell me if it is any good and which regions can you go to also is there night and day and is it like the pokemon games for the handheld also can you travel from 1 region to another freely ?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Donnot download from the advert because it asks you to download Zango which is Adware. Search for "Pokemon Cyrus" instead, this is a far better Pokemon Online game, contains no viruses, friendly staff. etc..

Back