• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y gts is full of scams :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
  • Not trying to be mean, but counting on people on the GTS is akin to counting on a stranger to pay for a full dinner over at a 5 stars hotel; If you are "lazy", then don't ask for more - You reap what you sows.

I don't see why a whining thread (Especially if you were the one expecting more than you should) deserves a spot on the forum.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I think this kind of thing happens to a lot of people actually. I was hunting for foreign Ditto earlier today, it's crazy how many people advertise their Ditto as 4+ IVs, and it's even crazier how fast people bite.

Like others have said before, you can try breeding yourself, it's not as easy as you might think though, so be prepared. And be sure to Wonder Trade the boxes of babies you're gonna breed, there are a lot of people doing that, so you might get some really good IVed Pokemon.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    what can you expect on a system where we can't even see a summary of the pokemon in question... i think GF should make at least an ability to take a look at the summary info of the pokemon while on GTS so we can at least compute if what they're saying about its IV's right or wrong... seriously its getting on my nerves lately so i go back to playing Black.

Years
  • I can't see any good reason as to why people would trade fully IV'd Pokémon for even a legendary at the minute. They seem pretty easy to find for a decent deal on the GTS, at least in my experience.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've been on the GTS several times for Squirtle and Bulbasaur for Bulbasaur trades (until I finally settled for one with Giga Drain), but it irked me that people were asking for Xerneas/Yveltal and Pokemon that aren't available pre-Poke Bank, like starters besides Torchic and the Kalos/Kanto starters.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think if you're going to take the risk, be willing to suffer the consequences. I did the same, traded my Zygarde and Xerneas for high IV Pokemon. Luckily, I was not duped, but had I been, I was prepared to miss my legendaries, seeing as they were easily obtainable again (I think), plus they were just sitting in my box.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I'd never trust the gts for important trades, that's why we got this nice forum for.

Years
  • I know I can't connect to the GTS right now (damn WPA encryption) but once I get X and Y and have my 3DS ready, and assuming I get the all-clear I may not even be sure I'd want to use the GTS because of all those ridiculous requests. That's why PC has Trade Corner after all, to avoid the trolls that lurk the GTS. It's even more annoying that we apparently can't see the summaries of what they're offering. After seeing stories like these I may not even trust the GTS.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The GTS is a little bit twisted, if you don't know what to do. I wouldn't even recomment looking for Pokemon with multiple perfect IVs mainly because you can't be 100% sure to get one.
    If you're only looking for legendaries or Pokemon you don't already have, it's actually pretty easy. You don't even have to trade your legendaries or shinies to get them. Just catch a Pokemon many people want (version exclusives, friend safari) and level it up a bit (so they feel to make a good deal). If you want to raise the chance of getting them even more, give them an item many people don't know you can get more of them (Dusk Stones (obtainable through Super Training), Metal Coats (can be farmed from Magneton)). Most of the (rare) Pokemon I got, I traded some of my Aggron and Luxray for (including Articuno; the one everybody seems to have problems in getting it).

If you want Pokemon with perfect IVs your best bet is Wonder Trade since many breeders tend to distribute such Pokemon through it.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • The best use for the GTS is to trade a breeding chain starter, not to trade for something with perfect IVs. You have friends, trade with them for such things, that's sort of the point of having the friends. These are not scams or trolls you are talking about, but simply people who want what you're offering.

RF has the right idea. I am using the GTS to try to complete as much of the dex as I can, for what I have not already completed with the reciprocal help of my friends.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    you are too kind,but keep your zygarde I don't deserve it

Guys, don't rank on him too much. He's simply a nice person who hoped others would at least have the courtesy to reciprocate.

He's lost the Pokemon already so obviously he's learned his lesson, the "hurrr you deserve it" comments are unwarranted and don't reinforce anything. It's screwed up that we have to live by the assumption that everyone is untrustworthy, maybe the OP didn't want to do that unless he found a reason to, especially since someone else was actually nice.

Anyway, you're awesome victourious. Keep your chin up, buddy.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2016
    I know, i was a bit lazy but, please read the first and second sentence of my story and see why i would trade a rare pokemon for a gengar. don't make me feel any worse then i already am.

I am a long time Pokemon player, and up until now, I didn't play the games with competitive battle in mind. I would just play casually, but the past few generations, things have gotten pretty serious with battling. A friend of mine is insanely good at IV breeding and convinced me to join him in doing so. Of course, I'm having a hard time with it as well. It's very frustrating. I can chain breed up until I get (usually) 4 IVs and can't get past there. Don't feel bad, because contrary to what people say it is a process and it is difficult. But it is all worth it in the end, however, it can be discouraging at times. So, I was just browsing the GTS for a perfect IV Eevee and contemplated trading my Xerneas for it. (My friend has done this as well and claims he has NEVER been scammed) I was leery of it, i've been scammed before in other games. I'm glad I found this post and read it because I had a false sense of confidence in the XY players due to my friend's success. Thanks all.

And on a side note, it's discouraging to see the immense negativity and rudeness on this forum.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Forum rules state to not post in threads over a month old. Please check the date of the last post before responding to the thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back