• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y Hacked?

Evoker102

Trade Master
Years
  • A couple of weeks back, my friend of 7 years told me he had recieved Latiosite and Latiasite. Today, he showed me his two new mega stones and was very shocked! He had BOTH of the mega stones, and MORE! He showed me his max rare candies (x999), and a Diance! Has Pokemon X and Y Version been hacked and open to everyone, or by him alone? What do you think? If you have any information let me know! I'm really surprised by this and actually ticked off. Thanks for reading my thread! <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There is a device called a Power Save that lets you get various pokemon, certain items, maximize your inventory, etc. You can even make your existing pokemon Shiny. It's not REALLY hacking in the sense that you can't change your pokemon stats or EVS or IVs or anything like that, and the latiosite cannot be traded, nor can the Diancie that you can also get from the event. So in one sense yes it is hacking because you can get stuff you can't currently get, but on the other hand it's not hacking because you can only get what's available in the power saves, you can't create pokemon from scratch

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • I never Use Hack's I don't Like it, I play a game how it's ment to play.
    I Dont Understand why people whant to hack it in the first place.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • There is a device called a Power Save that lets you get various pokemon, certain items, maximize your inventory, etc. You can even make your existing pokemon Shiny. It's not REALLY hacking in the sense that you can't change your pokemon stats or EVS or IVs or anything like that, and the latiosite cannot be traded, nor can the Diancie that you can also get from the event. So in one sense yes it is hacking because you can get stuff you can't currently get, but on the other hand it's not hacking because you can only get what's available in the power saves, you can't create pokemon from scratch

No offense, but any unauthorized manipulation of a game IS hacking/cheating! I mean, it's one thing exploiting legit mechanisms in the game (like chain breeding to get moves certain Pokémon otherwise can't learn or exploiting items like Power Anklet and Destiny Knot to tweak eggs' IVs), but when you rewriting or manipulating the programming to do things that aren't normally allowed, it's still hacking. It's true that these things exist in the games, but they can't be obtained through legit gameplay. As I recall, Power Saves tweak the programming in ways that Game Freak didn't intend for, ergo it's still hacking/cheating.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    No offense, but any unauthorized manipulation of a game IS hacking/cheating! I mean, it's one thing exploiting legit mechanisms in the game (like chain breeding to get moves certain Pokémon otherwise can't learn or exploiting items like Power Anklet and Destiny Knot to tweak eggs' IVs), but when you rewriting or manipulating the programming to do things that aren't normally allowed, it's still hacking. It's true that these things exist in the games, but they can't be obtained through legit gameplay. As I recall, Power Saves tweak the programming in ways that Game Freak didn't intend for, ergo it's still hacking/cheating.

By your definition it's NOT hacking because a powersave can't do anything that isn't possible in the game. As I said, it can't create pokemon from scratch with 6IVs and maxed EVs and such, it unlocks events that are already coded into the game (therefore are possible since the coding into the game was done by game freak, you are not doing it yourself by creating the event using the power save) Same with the pokemon you get, the ones you have you can only make shiny, you can't give them perfect IVs or 252 EVs in every stat, you still have what you had, only shiny. You can give yourself items and any number of them you want, but you can't get certain items that are still coded into the game (like the Soul Dew) but are unobtainable. (latiosite is obtainable, or at least will be given time. You notice that no one is talking about getting Blazikenite with the Power Save? There's a hint right there) anyway, long story short, your definition that you typed yourself proves that it is not hacking (if it is hacking, someone make me a 6IV Lonely Xerneas, a 6IV Mild Yveltal and a 6IV Adamant Zygarde all holding Soul Dew and THEN I will concede that it's hacking)

Is it cheating? Absolutely it is, no one here will argue with that, but is it hacking? No, not in the sense of the word that relates to the pokemon community, you're adjusting numbers of items in your inventory, your giving yourself items you can normally get anyway, and you're flipping the switch from 00 to 01 in a pokemon that makes it from non shiny to shiny, or flipping the switch from 00 to 01 to activate an event, the latter would be done when you connect to an online giveaway that tells the game "Yes, activate this event". Is it semantics? Sure it is, but until my criteria above is met, it's not really hacking, it's cheating. There's a distinction, as was illustrated by the poster I quoted.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • By your definition it's NOT hacking because a powersave can't do anything that isn't possible in the game. As I said, it can't create pokemon from scratch with 6IVs and maxed EVs and such, it unlocks events that are already coded into the game (therefore are possible since the coding into the game was done by game freak, you are not doing it yourself by creating the event using the power save) Same with the pokemon you get, the ones you have you can only make shiny, you can't give them perfect IVs or 252 EVs in every stat, you still have what you had, only shiny. You can give yourself items and any number of them you want, but you can't get certain items that are still coded into the game (like the Soul Dew) but are unobtainable. (latiosite is obtainable, or at least will be given time. You notice that no one is talking about getting Blazikenite with the Power Save? There's a hint right there) anyway, long story short, your definition that you typed yourself proves that it is not hacking (if it is hacking, someone make me a 6IV Lonely Xerneas, a 6IV Mild Yveltal and a 6IV Adamant Zygarde all holding Soul Dew and THEN I will concede that it's hacking)

Is it cheating? Absolutely it is, no one here will argue with that, but is it hacking? No, not in the sense of the word that relates to the pokemon community, you're adjusting numbers of items in your inventory, your giving yourself items you can normally get anyway, and you're flipping the switch from 00 to 01 in a pokemon that makes it from non shiny to shiny, or flipping the switch from 00 to 01 to activate an event, the latter would be done when you connect to an online giveaway that tells the game "Yes, activate this event". Is it semantics? Sure it is, but until my criteria above is met, it's not really hacking, it's cheating. There's a distinction, as was illustrated by the poster I quoted.

As an avid ROMHacker, "flipping switches", as you are describing it, IS hacking. The Powersave is a hacking tool. It accesses your save file and modifies its contents. Also, making a Pokemon shiny is not a simple switch flip. If it works the way it did last generation, the Pokemon's personality value has to be recalculated to match the be XOR of the (Trainer ID XOR Secret ID). The formula is on Bulbapedia. If the PowerSave doesn't generate the new personality value correctly, it could result in the Pokemon failing a legality check.

Honestly, I don't really care that this has been released. If a hacker spends 10 minutes making a Pokemon that I spent 2 hours breeding, it's not that big of a deal. It's even LESS of a big deal this generation, because it's so easy to breed your own perfect babies. The hacker just has to be prepared for his or her team to not pass a legality check. Eventually, as we come to understand the data structure of the Pokemon this generation, it will take an idiot to mess it up badly enough to fail the check. I don't understand why people get so worked up about this.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • My point is this: the majority of regular players (even if they have knowledge of Power Saves) don't rightly have that capability and/or knowhow for them. It's not the same as exploiting an actual in-game mechanism (or cheat) that everybody knows about or can just look up online. They actually have to have ability to do this stuff by manipulating the programming. If it involves manipulating with the game's programming in ANY way, it's still hacking the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    Ooh, so there's now a cheat device for the 3DS? Awesome! That'll save me some time building my competitive team.

My stance on cheating overall? If the cheat devices were a bad thing, they wouldn't be on store shelves. As long as people don't illegally hack their Pokemon's stats and corrupt other folk's games with Wonder Trade, I don't see why taking a few shortcuts is a bad thing.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I feel like a new chapter (not necessarily new arguments lol) in this debate occurs like every day, although I'm sure it wasn't the intention of the OP. Anyways, it's a device that allows you to do stuff. The semantics don't really make a difference as long as the legality checks are working.

By your definition it's NOT hacking because a powersave can't do anything that isn't possible in the game.
    Just thought I'd mention some of the legends are shiny locked, so obtaining them would not be possible in-game.

Back