• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y Version Differences Discussion and Speculation Thread

Which Version's exclusives do you like the best?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon X may have access to better version-exclusives (in my opinion, anyway), but I'm still getting Pokémon Y. I just love its mascot. It kind of reminds me about Groudon, because of its color and the black-colored stripes that it has around its body. Oh, and the shape of its eyes is a bit similar to Groudon. Groudon and Yveltal aren't related in any way, but somehow, if they were, then that would have been quite awesome. :)

I may get Pokémon X later down the road, but I'm not a hundred-percent sure.

Years
    Something interesting in forbes "depending on which version you purchase and play, you might run into different Pokemon, as well as other changes." The bit that caught my eye was the "as well as other changes"

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
    X Y

Xerneas > Yveltal
    Clauncher > Skrelp
    Swirlix < Spritzee
    Mewtwo X < Mewtwo Y
    2 2
    (sorry Sabrewolf, stealing your arrows lol)

I preordered X yesterday mainly because of Xerneas. I know that I can get Spritzee and other version exclusives through trading, though.

I also don't know exactly how the two Mewtwo forms will work, but I'll find out eventually.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    X Y

Xerneas > Yveltal
    Clauncher > Skrelp
    Swirlix < Spritzee
    Mewtwo X < Mewtwo Y
    2 2
    (sorry Sabrewolf, stealing your arrows lol)

I preordered X yesterday mainly because of Xerneas. I know that I can get Spritzee and other version exclusives through trading, though.

I also don't know exactly how the two Mewtwo forms will work, but I'll find out eventually.
    The MegaMewtwos depend on the Mega stone they're holding. However you can trade the Mega Stones so if you find someone who can give you the Mewtwonite Y you can use that to get MegaMewtwo Y :)

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
    The MegaMewtwos depend on the Mega stone they're holding. However you can trade the Mega Stones so if you find someone who can give you the Mewtwonite Y you can use that to get MegaMewtwo Y :)

Okay, thanks :D I'll see if one of my "friends" (not really lol) will trade stones with me! They'll probably end up asking for my Palkia or something insane in return though ._.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    X-version pokemon I like: Xerneas, Swirlix
    Y-version pokemon I like: Mewtwo-Y, Skrelp

This is all relative, however... honestly, I don't care for any of these that much except for Xerneas.

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
    Years
    I must admit I prefer:

Xerneas
    Clauncher
    Spritzee
    Mega Mewtwo Y
    And I love both Mega Charizards weather they are version differences or not.

Either way I'm getting both, one I'm going to do a Playthrough for YouTube and the other I'm just going to play through.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I'm getting X for sure. I like the legendary better and most of the other version exclusive Pokemon better in X. All except Mewtwo X. I think it looks awkward and Y looks better but that doesn't matter too much because I doubt I'll use it anyway. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    X and Y differences

Hi Guys,

I've been playing X and LOVING it! Its my first Poke game since ruby. I had black but never really played it for some reason.

The old games I never really did much other then just do the story but this game I feel like attempting to catch them all and play around with making a good team for online and breeding etc.

While I realise that the games are basicly exactly the same story wise, how different is the pokemon placements and are there many more pokemon that are only found in one version other then the title pokemon?

Just wondering if its better to buy Y then to do trades to complete the pokedex?

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    Honestly, finish Black right after you finish X. 97% of people really liked the story, and, although I really didn't, it's my most favourite Pokemon game. And if you wanna relive your Ruby memories, buy B2 for the PWT.

Back to the differences in Pokemon (X/Y):

1) Xerneas/Yveltal
    2) Mega Charizard X/Y
    3) Mega Mewtwo X/Y
    4) Larvitar/Aron
    5) Clauncher/Skrelp
    6) Houndour/Electrike (Oddly, Electrike's megastone is in X and Houndour's is in Y)
    7) Swirlix/Spritzee
    8) Pinsir/Heracross

I'm sure I'm missing a few, though.

And don't buy Y just to get those version exclusives. GTS is amazing. I already have all the Y pokemon (I play X) except Heracross (haven't even searched it yet). I'd hate to brag, but I also have 2 extra Xerneases and 2 Yveltals and I haven't even finished the game yet (getting 7th badge). THAT'S how awesome GTS is :)

Years
    Pokemon X vs Pokemon Y (differences)

Ok guys, lets gather all the differences into one topic.

So there are Pokemon exclusives, which can be found here:

https://www.serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Now, can people who playing it tell me what are the main differences in the story.
    I heard two things: there is a difference depending on the legendary, and there are differences depending on the choice we make while playing. I don't know if all that is true so if you guys could confirm that it would be great :D

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Back