• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X Kaizo

Days
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Inspired by the work of SHF and the popularity of Emerald Kaizo, I made my own attempt at making a ROM hack of my own, uncreatively called Pokemon X Kaizo.

Compared to SHF's hacks, X Kaizo is not as Kaizo as I personally wanted it to be. For example, the hack features Pokemon having different types (such as Altaria being Dragon / Fairy or Ursaring being Normal / Ground), some Trainer battles are optional, and all items are usable in battle. Akin to Kaizo, however, X Kaizo's story remains mostly unchanged, trainer battles are far tougher, all Pokemon have better movepools, and players should be able to see all Pokemon if they choose to fight every trainer. (Some Pokemon are locked behind being seen in Trainer battles only)

There is a lot of documentation in the Google Drive link provided, including a Changelog that documents changes I made before, all trainer battles, all wild Pokemon and their encounter rates, and several other changes found in the "List of Changes" textpad.

I WILL NOT PROVIDE A POKEMON X ROM. I DUMPED MY OWN GAME CARTRIDGE TO MAKE THE HACK.
    Please use xdelta to patch your ROM and make a backup of your original ROM in case anything goes wrong.

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1ksaeIoVpp3_UhfU9DP0QMksXIulpxXc1

This is my FIRST attempt at making a ROM hack, so feedback if I want to make another ROM hack would be very appreciated! I'd love to hear your reviews / criticisms of the hack and I do intend to take your words to heart.

For those wondering if the game is beatable in a Nuzlocke (let alone, Hardcore Nuzlocke), yes it is!

Please check out the (only) winning attempt by LilithXolaani!

I hope you enjoy playing Pokemon X Kaizo!

Back