• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y for WiiU Confirmed!

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013

...to not exist, and it probably never will.

See I have an issue with Nintendo's thought process behind openly denying the release of an open world, fully fledged WiiU Pokemon title. Surely it's the game that Nintendo needs to finally kickstart the WiiU as a serious console?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Why in the world would they release X/Y on consoles?

Kickstart the Wii U as a "serious console" (how laughable)? They got Super Mario 3D World to do that.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I wouldn't play X/Y on a console. That just seems...not very Pokemon-like.

Besides, if you want it on your TV so bad isn't there a way to make the game show up on your TV? I know we did that with the original games when we were little. Maybe not now though...with two screens and all.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    I wouldn't play X/Y on a console. That just seems...not very Pokemon-like.

Besides, if you want it on your TV so bad isn't there a way to make the game show up on your TV? I know we did that with the original games when we were little. Maybe not now though...with two screens and all.

it call 3ds capture
    https://3dscapture.com/

cost way to much lol. there be a pokemon stadium in the future of wii u

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014

Kickstart the Wii U as a "serious console" (how laughable)? They got Super Mario 3D World to do that.

If Mario were a system seller, NSMB U would be selling WiiUs right now. Even the fan reaction to SM3DW was weak.

I actually think Pokemon X&Y would be AMAZING on WiiU.

- 1080p graphics. Just up-render, and re-texture as needed (but I am sure Nintendo already has high-res textures for everything)
    - ability to manipulate camera freely with right control stick
    - full 3D models for the entire game. No chibi.
    - more detailed character customization, maybe like in Animal Crossing.
    - better online functionality with Nintendo Network.

And it would be very easy for them to make. They could even pair it with your 3DS copy via PGL and you could use the same save file on both 3DS and WiiU.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    If Mario were a system seller, NSMB U would be selling WiiUs right now.
    The NSMB series have never been system sellers. On the other hand, they have long legs, so they sell when people HAVE the consoles, not sell THE consoles. (And let's be honest, as fantastic as NSMBU is, people won't buy a console for a game that looks like what they played before.) This is evident by the attach rate.

3D Land sold more 3DS's than NSMB2 by far.
    Even the fan reaction to SM3DW was weak.
    Did you miss the latest trailer? The reaction is through the roof right now. People judged too quickly and now they're apparently gladly eating crow.

I actually think Pokemon X&Y would be AMAZING on WiiU.

- 1080p graphics. Just up-render, and re-texture as needed (but I am sure Nintendo already has high-res textures for everything)
    - ability to manipulate camera freely with right control stick
    - full 3D models for the entire game. No chibi.
    - more detailed character customization, maybe like in Animal Crossing.
    - better online functionality with Nintendo Network.
    And then you'll lose the main feature that Pokemon is designed around:
    Portability. And frankly, the only thing a console Pokemon would really bring that is nearly necessary is a much improved frame rate.

It's been said many times that Pokemon won't work on consoles (Even the console Pokemon games had to change the design point of the games, like how Colosseum/XD were made to be more traditional RPGs.), so I won't repeat things that have been said many times.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The NSMB series have never been system sellers. On the other hand, they have long legs, so they sell when people HAVE the consoles, not sell THE consoles. (And let's be honest, as fantastic as NSMBU is, people won't buy a console for a game that looks like what they played before.) This is evident by the attach rate.

3D Land sold more 3DS's than NSMB2 by far.

Did you miss the latest trailer? The reaction is through the roof right now. People judged too quickly and now they're apparently gladly eating crow.

And then you'll lose the main feature that Pokemon is designed around:
    Portability. And frankly, the only thing a console Pokemon would really bring that is nearly necessary is a much improved frame rate.

It's been said many times that Pokemon won't work on consoles (Even the console Pokemon games had to change the design point of the games, like how Colosseum/XD were made to be more traditional RPGs.), so I won't repeat things that have been said many times.

Do you own a 3DS? While it is obviously more portable than a console it's battery life sucks. You must carry the charger with you and always be near a plug.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Do you own a 3DS? While it is obviously more portable than a console it's battery life sucks. You must carry the charger with you and always be near a plug.
    ...Yes? lol
    Power-save mode and putting the the brightness setting to 1 works like a charm. I've gone through many 16-19 hour long planes or so without the 3DS battery running out. Besides, you'd be hard pressed to find a place without a plug these days, it's a necessity.

Portability isn't limited to being outside in a mall, by the way. You could be on a holiday, or even visit your friends house. Do you bring your Wii U with you to your friends houses? I don't. Rarely did I ever need the charger. Besides, who plays for 5 hours straight outside?

Years
  • I'd much rather GameFreak confirm DLC at this point. While I enjoyed the PokeRPGS like Coliseum and XD, I rather enjoy having X and Y with me regardless of where I go. Battery life has never been a problem for me.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • What is it with people wanting them to change Pokemon into a different game? If they did things like this .... it wouldn't be Pokemon, it would just be another RPG with a lame story.

Mesty

The Joker
    Years
  • I'd want like a Pokemon Stadium type game for the Wii U. Maybe even a whole new Pokemon game that isn't X Y. With the big game pad thwey could do a lot and more power in the Wii U could let them do a whole lot to get you really into the game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014

It's been said many times that the Earth is flat. Nintendo has not yet used a telescope and seen the orbit of the planets. They have never done a full-scale Pokemon adventure on the console, only half-assed, awkward side games.

What is it with people wanting them to change Pokemon into a different game? If they did things like this .... it wouldn't be Pokemon, it would just be another RPG with a lame story.

Except we're talking about a port... Not a different game at all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I wouldn't expect them to port the game to the handheld...Even if they were they would do it after a few years of the games having come out...but by then it'll be for the next generation of gaming (and of Pokemon...)

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The only Pokemon titles we'll be getting for Wii U are stadium-type titles and possibly PokePark titles (we've recently got a Rumble title). A main Pokemon game on a console will destroy the strongest point of the franchise: portibility. How are you suppose to obtain rare Pokemon or other version-exclusive features without trading? Plus, they're called "Pocket Monsters" for a reason.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • It's been said many times that the Earth is flat. Nintendo has not yet used a telescope and seen the orbit of the planets. They have never done a full-scale Pokemon adventure on the console, only half-assed, awkward side games.

Putting it on a console makes it a different game.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Dunno what this is about. Gamefreak stated multiple times that the main branch of the Pokémon franchise won't move ever from the handheld consoles. Is this some sort of imagine thread what it would be like as a what-if idea or something?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd much rather GameFreak confirm DLC at this point. While I enjoyed the PokeRPGS like Coliseum and XD, I rather enjoy having X and Y with me regardless of where I go. Battery life has never been a problem for me.

Gamefreak and TPC have already confirmed that they have no intention of making DLC for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.

It's been said many times that the Earth is flat. Nintendo has not yet used a telescope and seen the orbit of the planets. They have never done a full-scale Pokemon adventure on the console, only half-assed, awkward side games.

Nintendo has sold MANY Pokemon games for the consoles. Pokemon Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Pokemon Rumble.

Nintendo does not MAKE any Pokemon games, they just sell them. Smaller companies within Nintendo's exclusive contract make the games. Gamefreak will never make a Console Main Pokemon title because of how they are meant to be played.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    Dunno what this is about. Gamefreak stated multiple times that the main branch of the Pokémon franchise won't move ever from the handheld consoles. Is this some sort of imagine thread what it would be like as a what-if idea or something?

I suggest watching the video and it may make a little more sense...

I working in a gaming retailer in Australia and I can tell you there is very little interest in 3D World, let alone it being strong enough to kickstart the WiiU which currently struggles to attract anyone outside Nintendo tragics.

Back