• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y for WiiU Confirmed!

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    I suggest watching the video and it may make a little more sense...

I only see and hear someone whining how they want Pokémon X and Y for the Wii U, despite the clear-hard statement Gamefreak made about it, in the video. There is a difference between hopeful wishing about something that is possible right now and being stubbornly annoying about something that's already been stated as a fact, for this matter, it is a fact (for the moment/time being) that the main Pokémon games won't be released other than on the 3DS and 2DS handhelds. If they ever reconsider than it surely and clearly won't be for the Wii U, but rather for their next generation console(s).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...line_pokemon_game_on_wii_u_or_your_smartphone

I'm not a fanboy of Nintendo, but i'm glad the way how Masuda think. He doesn't really care about the money, rather about the franchise itself. (Sure, everyone cares about money, but you know what i'm getting at) Wether that's a strength or a flaw is debateable.

TWOFACE

Years
  • making a third version (Pokemon Z) for the Wii U makes more sense >_>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    didn't watch the video yet

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Nintendo has sold MANY Pokemon games for the consoles. Pokemon Stadium, Stadium 2, Colosseum, Gale of Darkness, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Pokemon Rumble.

Nintendo does not MAKE any Pokemon games, they just sell them. Smaller companies within Nintendo's exclusive contract make the games. Gamefreak will never make a Console Main Pokemon title because of how they are meant to be played.

Alright, calm down. Whether it's Nintendo or GameFreak it's just a word in the sentence. Don't argue based on semantics, it's just pointless.

Putting it on a console makes it a different game.

But why does Pokemon need to be on a portable console? That concept made sense back in the gameboy days, but now everything is done through the internet anyway. Most people are playing Pokemon at home, and it's clear that the 3DS can not handle what GF wants to do with Pokemon anymore (evidenced by the 3DS's inability to process the game in 3D).

Years
  • I personally bought a 3DSXL JUST for pokemon Y. I wouldn't mind doing the same if a decent title came out on the wii u, but as of right now my wii and xbox360 entertain me MUCH more than buying a wii u would.
    I would be interested in another rpg-like game (like Gale of Darkness), but I probably wont buy a wii u just for that unless you can somehow connect it to the 3DS pokemon-wise like Gale and GBAs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013

there reason it call pocket monster. the creator don't believe in online feature that much they would love make game no online feature and make people play with other outside. the guy. only reason they add online feature is to please older fans

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • But why does Pokemon need to be on a portable console? That concept made sense back in the gameboy days, but now everything is done through the internet anyway. Most people are playing Pokemon at home, and it's clear that the 3DS can not handle what GF wants to do with Pokemon anymore (evidenced by the 3DS's inability to process the game in 3D).

While it's true that they very well could make the games on a non-portable console, I don't think they would do well. Personally, I play at home MAYBE 1/4 of the time. MAYBE. I take my game to school, to friends houses, to my fiances house, to work, on vacation. And Pokemon is the best for plane and car rides! The portability of the game is what allows me to be able to play it so much. I'm not AGAINST them making a non-portable game, but honestly I'd never buy it (unless it was a different region or something).

Do you own a 3DS? While it is obviously more portable than a console it's battery life sucks. You must carry the charger with you and always be near a plug.

That's strange. I've never changed any power settings (I never use 3D though...) and I usually have to charge my battery every other day or so (unless I do a ton of GTS/Wonder Trade).

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I working in a gaming retailer in Australia and I can tell you there is very little interest in 3D World, let alone it being strong enough to kickstart the WiiU which currently struggles to attract anyone outside Nintendo tragics.
    I need more than anecdotal evidence to get convinced on this one. There's very little demand for Pokemon games in where I live, but hey, look at the sales.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Why do you guys think X and Y are going on the Wii U? Why not another stadium game like Colosseum, XD or Battle Revolution?

I don't know about anyone else, but for me I do not actually think it would happen, I just think it would be a good idea for them to do it.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    VERY misleading thread... But I'm happy it doesn't exist all the same. Aside from games like PBR and stadium, main pokemon titles should only ever be on handhelds IMO.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Gamefreak and TPC have already confirmed that they have no intention of making DLC for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.

And they've already proven themselves completely full of crap.

The distributions are a form of DLC, and as Blazikenite can't be obtained in t he base game and must be downloaded, then it can be consdiered to be made as a DLC.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    And they've already proven themselves completely full of crap.

The distributions are a form of DLC, and as Blazikenite can't be obtained in t he base game and must be downloaded, then it can be consdiered to be made as a DLC.

Distributions aren't DLCs as they can be distributed locally and they do not add outside content to the games through updated software rather they manipulate the code that already exists to give you something that is already in the game. This is not DLC.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
  • After hearing about the supposed low amount of gameplay in X as well as Y, although I'm still working on beating it, I think what GameFreak meant was that they weren't going to have paid DLC. I've heard rumors about an update though; does that count?

Back to the original topic, I couldn't see [any main] Pokemon games on any other console besides my handheld. Which makes me pretty happy, because all I have is a Wii and my 3DS. But even if it were to be, I'm pretty sure there would be a counterpart of it on a handheld to not break tradition.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
  • For all those who don't know, A DLC Is content not already in the game and is Downloaded and incorperated into the game. The gift Pokemon and gift Items are already programmed into the game just not physically there.

CronicHigh

All hail lord Goomy
    Years
  • Let's face it..
    Even a Pokemon game on the Wii U wouldn't save that console.

It would just be a frame rate improvement only if it were to land on the Wii U.
    The Wii U only has 2GB of ram, and 1 of those goes to the gamepad.

Porting the game would not only be a waste of time, but a huge waste of money considering that literally no one has a Wii U.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i think nintendo should just forces on handheld device for there games. what point trying to make console is 3 year behind ps4, and xbox one

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Let's face it..
    Even a Pokemon game on the Wii U wouldn't save that console.

It would just be a frame rate improvement only if it were to land on the Wii U.
    The Wii U only has 2GB of ram, and 1 of those goes to the gamepad.

Porting the game would not only be a waste of time, but a huge waste of money considering that literally no one has a Wii U.

Tell that to the whole wad of cash Wind Waker HD is getting from the Wii U's eshop. Though regardless, GF has already stated that main Pokemon won't get ported to consoles nor smartphones, but that still won't stop the howler monkeys from getting what they want until it actually happens but won't buy it later on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    I need more than anecdotal evidence to get convinced on this one. There's very little demand for Pokemon games in where I live, but hey, look at the sales.

I laugh that you say you need more then anecdotal evidence, when I actually have a valid source for my opinion yet yours seems to be entirely dreamed up in your own mind?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I laugh that you say you need more then anecdotal evidence, when I actually have a valid source for my opinion yet yours seems to be entirely dreamed up in your own mind?
    What source? All you said was "I work at a game store and nobody wants 3D World!". What reason is that for saying it? The game isn't even out yet. On top of that, you could be making it up. That's not evidence, that's just a statement, a blank one at that. It's the same way I can say there's very little people playing Pokemon in my area, so it's probably unpopular.

Look at the reaction for 3D World AFTER the trailer that was shown on this month's nintendo direct, then talk about "weak reception". Professional previews have been completely favorable to the game, even Pachter is telling people to buy a Wii U for it.

Years
  • I can't imagine having a main series pokemon games in a console. It feels awkward having to breed and Ev train pokemon while siting completely still while watching the action on TV.

Back