• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y for WiiU Confirmed!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • It's been said many times that the Earth is flat. Nintendo has not yet used a telescope and seen the orbit of the planets. They have never done a full-scale Pokemon adventure on the console, only half-assed, awkward side games.
    I don't follow how people saying the earth is flat centuries ago is comparable to game freak saying (multiple times) that they don't want to make main Pokemon games off the handhelds. Yeah, sure, they could always change their mind, but it doesn't change the fact that their intention is to remain on handhelds, not to move.

And why should they? It's not in their interest to develop for a console they don't dabble in. Nor are they Nintendo, so they won't care about selling the Wii U. That's up to other companies (Stadium and Colosseum and etc? All by other companies.). And their business plan works. You can't complain with millions of sales every gen, after all. Heck, the preorders sold out in Japan. I think they're managing just fine and don't have a reason to have the financial risk of developing on a home console and dropping one of the draws of Pokemon (Pocket Monsters ---> portability, as mentioned).
    What source? All you said was "I work at a game store and nobody wants 3D World!". What reason is that for saying it? The game isn't even out yet. On top of that, you could be making it up. That's not evidence, that's just a statement, a blank one at that. It's the same way I can say there's very little people playing Pokemon in my area, so it's probably unpopular.

Look at the reaction for 3D World AFTER the trailer that was shown on this month's nintendo direct, then talk about "weak reception". Professional previews have been completely favorable to the game, even Pachter is telling people to buy a Wii U for it.
    I wouldn't mind a source to that last one myself, because Pachter saying that is...quite something. =p

The Wii U could have done much better, sure, but it's not uncommon for gaming consoles to have a slow start. Heck, look at the PS3. That had a slow start and was panned by a lot of people for that. It sure improved on that front, no? Or a more related example - the 3DS. I think it's doing quite fine now, but earlier it got a lot of complaining about due to lack of games and etc. See how it goes after the Christmas period, and also after other games (e.g. DK).

As for having more pokemon games on the Wii U - well, I actually would quite like another Colosseum to come about. And that's not a half-bad chance of occurring sooner or later either, imo. But a game just like Game Freak's, by Game Freak, is unlikely to happen at best. After all, if they don't want to, nothing is going to make them. There is no strong reason in their interest to do it, and they're financially stable.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I wouldn't mind a source to that last one myself, because Pachter saying that is...quite something. =p
    Yeah, sure. Here you go. (Mind you, I remembered wrong, he told Nintendo fans to buy it, and it was 2 days before the new 3d world trailer. :P)

Stephen Totilo was the one very favorable to the game, by the way. I got mixed up. Pachter did tell fans to buy a Wii U, though.
    Pokemon X & Y for WiiU Confirmed!

I saw lots and lots of good stuff, all in sharp HD graphics with what felt like a smoother-than-average framerate. Lately, if people ask if they need to get a Wii U, I tell them that it's a good system but not a must-have. I may well be singing a different tune after this game's out. It's really impressive.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Do you own a 3DS? While it is obviously more portable than a console it's battery life sucks. You must carry the charger with you and always be near a plug.

I disagree with your assessment of the 3DS battery life. I get plenty of game play before having to charge the unit, and I usually only have to charge the system once or twice per day. And I NEVER carry a charger with me. I've never needed to. Whenever I've taken the unit out on the road to and from work it's lasted me the whole time, with lots of game play time left during lunch and breaks plus more game play when I get home. BTW, the unit I own is a 3DS XL, much larger screen that puts more demands on the battery.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    I wouldn't put X & Y on a console. I am hoping one year they make an amazing Pokemon game for a console though. Could be open world or close to it at least. Online play would be pretty sick too where you can walk around and everyone online you can see walking around: Trading, battling, etc. I believe there are endless options on a console whereas limited options on an handheld system.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    The only Pokemon titles we'll be getting for Wii U are stadium-type titles and possibly PokePark titles (we've recently got a Rumble title). A main Pokemon game on a console will destroy the strongest point of the franchise: portibility. How are you suppose to obtain rare Pokemon or other version-exclusive features without trading? Plus, they're called "Pocket Monsters" for a reason.

How is portability the strongest point of the franchise? And you don't need portability to allow trading, we have this marvellous thing called the internet which would allow people to trade with friends not only within driving distance, but anywhere in the world...

Prog

Meat Cutter
    Years
  • How is portability the strongest point of the franchise? And you don't need portability to allow trading, we have this marvellous thing called the internet which would allow people to trade with friends not only within driving distance, but anywhere in the world...
    Portability has been the selling point of the franchise for over 15 years. Adding internet functions to the game was simply using the already available hardware and software on the handheld itself. Yes, there IS a lovely thing called the internet, and it's helped out the Pokemon franchise tremendously. You can take your handhelds around to people's houses and play the game with them MUCH easier than lugging around a console. Portability is what makes this game, bottom line. Also, I enjoy my friends coming over and all of us being able to play the game at the same time, and that's only viable on the handheld systems.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    Nothing says "there's a reason why you've been on YouTube for almost a year and only have 51 subscribers" like a misleading title.

Years
  • I wouldn't mine having a pokemon add on game like, pokemon ranch where you could raise and play with your pokemon sent from your hand held game. You also got items that you can send to the ds game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2013
    Nothing says "there's a reason why you've been on YouTube for almost a year and only have 51 subscribers" like a misleading title.

Firstly, given the production value of your videos, I wouldn't be throwing stones...It's called a tripod. Secondly if you look, we uploaded our first video in late Feb and have been inactive for a decent chunk of time since then.

Finally, and back on topic, technically the title is not misleading, nobody said confirmed meant it was confirmed to exist.

Back