• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y Photo Feature? Good for a Travel Journal :D

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
  • Game Freak should Allow you to use the Photoes taken on your Journey in Either Pokemon X or Pokemon Y and assemble them into a Travel journal Which you can Upload online I think this would be a great addition to the Pokemon Series

If this isn't worthy of a thread or there is already a Feature Suggestion thread Mods Feel free to merge my Thread with such a Thread Please :)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • But wouldn't you think everyone's travel journal would look similar? Aren't the photo spots similar to the Cameron thing in HG/SS, where you can only take a picture in certain spots? Unless you can take a photo wherever you want or there are a lot of photo spots, and you can have your Pokémon be in the picture with you, there be a lot of similar travel journals. I do like the idea, however.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • But wouldn't you think everyone's travel journal would look similar? Aren't the photo spots similar to the Cameron thing in HG/SS, where you can only take a picture in certain spots? Unless you can take a photo wherever you want or there are a lot of photo spots, and you can have your Pokémon be in the picture with you, there be a lot of similar travel journals. I do like the idea, however.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And for that reason, I think being able to upload them online would be a waste of everyone's time.

I like how HG/SS allowed us to pose with our pokemon. If this new feature doesn't allow us to pose with our pokemon, then I won't be excited to use it much. Being able to document where and when I was with my companions during my quest is what's important to me, not being next to some Eiffel tower scenery.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf uses a simple camera system in which L+R snaps a picture. I think that'd work very well for these games, since Pokemon does not depend on L and R for much of anything.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    if they allow this, id like to be maybe move ur poke and character around a bit before taking the photo

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • An Animal Crossing styled photo feature would be great. Especially once they implement the Miiverse for the 3DS. Now this makes me yearn for a sequel to Pokémon Snap, sweeties. =/

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • It'd be one thing if it was just identical to HGSS where you had pre-planned photo areas, but the Photo Spots in X/Y are so much more detailed that I'm definitely looking forward to them. Being able to screw around with camera settings like shutter speed, brightness, and the focus make it much more detailed and immersive than the Cameron spots. I'm hoping we have more than just a handful though, and that they'll be scattered all over Kalos.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I like the idea of a photo feature. You can tell the whole world how far you've completed the game. It's particularly useful whilst doing challenges, as you can take a picture of your progress.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like this idea, I hope it's like HGSS where you can get your photo taken at specific areas and then post them online.

Back