• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness?

Years
    Right.

I have played the first one, and im yet to play this.
    I do look forward to getting it, but there's just question that burning.

Is it worth £39?

I mean, its been out for quite a while now, yet its still full whack. I've tried looking everywhere. Bu tin the UK it just doesn't want to drop in price.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    So if a pound is worth about 62% of a dollar then.

1P=0.62$

You say it's worth 39P so
    .62 * 39 = < or > 24.18$

Considering gameplay, I say it's pretty much worth it when you compare it to Colluseum. My answer: Hell yes. Get it.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Need kanto in your pearl or diamond or ruby/sapphire/emerald? This is the game for you. All you need is the link cable which is pretty cheap.. You can get many rare kanto pokemon in here at very high levels, and not just kanto. I Believe you could even get a lv.50 salamence (AWESOME), a lv.43 Tauros (43! And Tauros is pretty rare!), Magmar and Electabuzz (lv.30-45!).

It's worth it if you're trying to collect every single pokemon. Also, it has new features like wild pokemon, and it doesn't have too much of a desert feel like Colosseum. It has an amazing storyline, and fun stuff to do after you beat the main boss. Also, imporved graphics/attacks. I Still think Colosseum had a better storyline/better pokemon (JOHTO POKEMON FTW!!), but XD is an amazingly good sequel. In other words it's worth it for that much. When it first came out it was around $50-$60..

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Honestly, I think XD is by far the superior of the two games. You actually have a better story and better explanation for why you're where you are and why you're doing what you're doing, not to mention more Pokemon, side events, and even breeding abilities. The final area actually comes across the way it should as opposed to the "just there to be there" Realgam Tower pulled in Colosseum.

To put it simply, if you even remotely liked Colosseum, GET XD. If you didn't like Colosseum at all, GET XD.

Years
    Pokemon XD enjoys almost every conceivable advantage over Pokemon Colosseum. You'll notice right away that the entire game is graphically more crisp. The story itself is also more cohesive, and I'm sure you'll appreciate it's sense of humor, especially around the area of Dr. Kaminko's lab. There are a lot more shadow pokemon to snag, and you can even find wild pokemon as well, something that you couldn't do in Colosseum.

Most importantly, the feature that gives this game character among all the other Pokemon games, shadow pokemon, has been improved. They get a number of new Shadow type attacks, and there is a new, faster method to purifying them. Your selection of pokemon is better, too.

And best of all, you can get your own Lugia. That's hard to turn down.

Having said all that, I realise that Pokemon XD is far from a perfect game, it still has it's flaws, as all games do. However, it's still worth your time if you enjoyed Pokemon Colosseum, and want something substantively better. You've played Pokemon Colosseum, so I can recommend this with ease.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Personally I like Colloseum better, but XD is still a good game. Yes the graphics are better and the game feels slightly more real and the storyline is fluid. However, it has lost some things from Colloseum. You're back to playing a kid where as Wes was 17, one of the major locales (The Under) is completely absent from the game, the violence of the old game is gone (shadow pokes no longer attack people and no one is beating up Vance on Mt. Battle) wild pokemon are there but with such a limited selection and at such low levels they are more for bringing your RSE/FRLG teams in to the game after you beat it more than for capturing. The gameplay maintains Pokemon's high standards, and has double the pokemon from Collosseum. It does properly wrap up the storyline of the previous game (and if you actually talk to the right people in colosseum, they mention Verich indirectly so the game was meant to be the proper conclusion). XD does the storyline justice and the great pokes and graphics make a good buy. If you're looking for the bleak atmosphere of colloseum's Orre, it's pretty much gone.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    I thought Colesseum was better, the guy was cooler looking, and his snag machine was a beast

+ the 3 legendary dogs :o

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    Let's say this... I got the game abouta week after it came out while looking for colosseum, and I never regretted it. After I finally got a Colosseum, I felt that XD was a lot better.

What XD HAS BETTER THAN COLOSSEUM
    -Storyline
    - Training
    -Wild Pokemon!!!!!
    - Move Tutor
    - Better shadows than colosseum IMO
    -purify chamber

WHAT COLOSSEUM HAS BETTER THAN XD
    - The cool-looks of Wes
    - The Under
    - MIROR B MUSIC!

Although I prefer colossum's miror b music, i feel that xd was a lot better

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
    XD is definately better than Colosseum but it's still not going to be the greatest game you've ever played. The story is better but still not great, Miror B.s music always gets stuck in you head, there are way more Pkmn to get between the over 80 shadows, wild Pkmn, and trades you can make. If you liked Colosseum, you'll enjoy this. I still never get tired of beating up the Power Ranger wanabees.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I also say get it. XD does have several upgrades over Colosseum - more to do, more Pokemon to get, and so forth. There are some Pokemon also with attacks that can't be gotten by any other means (Tri-Attacking Togepi anyone?). Although with some flaws (we wanted wild Pokemon, and we got it... in the form of Pokespots and with bribes of cake. Just not the same), I quite enjoyed it.

But comparing to Colosseum... well, better in terms of things to do, but in storyline Colosseum wins out. A protagonist who's NOT a ten year old (or younger, judging by Michael...), 'darker' themes, The Under... and Miror B's salsa music IMO wins out over Miror B's XD theme, although both are good and Miror B is better in XD. (Backflips? Moonwalking entrance? Awesome). (And for those who don't know - Miror B is merely one of the most unique and awesome people ever to grace Pokemon. Almost makes Colo or XD worth it by himself XD).

Both did suffer from plotholes as well, but generally the storyline for both games were quite good, albeilt for me Colosseum's was better. But overall XD does win.

HackerGod

ROM Hacker
    Years
    It is WORTH IT x OVER 9000!!!!!I have played it for a long time,and the Shadow Lugia was awesome,mainly because it was dark and red eyes.So,yes,it is worth it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2012
    If you like Colosseum you'll enjoy xd and if you have rse it will be worth it as you can get the legendary birds and lugia.

Back