• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XD VS Pokemon Colosseum

Years
    It's nice having several different pokemon in XD, but I enjoyed XD more than Colosseum.

For some reason, when I first got Colosseum, I'm sure I'm not the only one who did this, played this game for hours at a time. For some reason, since it was summer. I had this MASSIVE headache when I was training at Mt. Battle. I kept playing though cuz I wanted to get at a higher level, but the headache was massive, the one that you had less pain from when you bang your head against the wall.

It was probably the heat, and the look of the volcano redness from the Mt. Battle. Even today, when I turn on Colosseum, I just can't look at it without getting a headache.

For some reason this was different with XD, I don't know why, cooler colors maybe? I played less hours than with Colosseum though.

Colosseum - 7/10
    XD - 9/10

XD coulda been more origional, and I hate the XD part of the name!!!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2006
    Johto Boy said:
    I am the COMPLETE opposite. I loved Colosseum and beat it in about a week. I played Colosseum three times though until I got bored. But I didn't like XD because it was cheap IMO. They used a lot of the same things in Colosseum, it felt like playing it again. In fact, I've had XD for over a month and it was so boring I just finished it a few days ago. But yeah the regular GB/GBC/GBA games are definitly the best.

I agree with you in that XD used many concepts from Colosseum, but I think they improved upon them. Since you spent so much time with Colosseum, you were probably just too burnt out to enjoy XD. The additional shadow moves were a good addition, but even more welcome was the ability to not have to deal with it all together! *laugh* My team rarely ever had a shadow pokemon in it! Leave that repetitive monotony for the machines. The multiple shadow pokemon using opponents, combined with more shadow moves, provided a welcome challenge that was lacking in Colosseum. I did like the map and main character sprite in Coloseeum better, but thank goodness they got rid of the annoying follower in XD.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Simmons_2.0 said:
    Collesium was so much better then XD because as soon as i finished XD I sold it. But I still play colliseum because it is so much better.

I see no real reason that supports your opinion.

Johto Boy

Elite Trainer
    Years
    PokeSmurf said:
    I agree with you in that XD used many concepts from Colosseum, but I think they improved upon them. Since you spent so much time with Colosseum, you were probably just too burnt out to enjoy XD. The additional shadow moves were a good addition, but even more welcome was the ability to not have to deal with it all together! *laugh* My team rarely ever had a shadow pokemon in it! Leave that repetitive monotony for the machines. The multiple shadow pokemon using opponents, combined with more shadow moves, provided a welcome challenge that was lacking in Colosseum. I did like the map and main character sprite in Coloseeum better, but thank goodness they got rid of the annoying follower in XD.

Yeah, it did have some things I liked, the new shadow moves were cool, and I liked the Pokespots. And you could get rid of the annoying follower in Agate Village. You just need to lose her on a sharp corner. :P

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    I prefer XD, mainly because of the story line. I havent played much of it yet, mainly due to the fact that i spend more time on Emerald, bt i should get around to playing it abit more soon.

Years
    I prefer Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, because its a bigger story line, more shadow pokemon, can catch wild pokemon, and because of Shadow Lugia also known as the great experment XD001!

djvolcom

Private Detective
    Years
    i havent played XD yet, but i played colluseum, its okay for a RPG version of Pokemon Stadium, but i still like the N64 Games, they rock :)

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Well, I'm still playing XD, but so far, here's what I think...

Better in Colosseum:
    - Cooler main character, although Michael isn't too bad.
    - The Under. I ADORE that place, why did that have to be the exact one Colosseum location removed in XD? ;_; I want my Under music back...
    - Overall I liked the music score of Colosseum more although XD does have some great themes.

Better in XD:
    - THEIR LIPS MOVE. That bugged the hell out of me every time I played Colosseum. On close-ups of somebody's face while they talk, I don't want to see clearly how their lips are just lines drawn on the face.
    - Slightly better graphics, which is good.
    - Longer story. Colosseum's was WAY too short; it was more of an extra to the battle mode, while XD is clearly focusing on the story, which is very good.
    - A guy puts you to sleep using his Gloom. Finally villains start to realize that they can do stuff with their Pokémon other than to battle. Sure, the good guys are going to follow the rule of not using Pokémon to attack people, but why would the villains? Seriously, I loved that scene.
    - Fwee, Scyther! :3 'nuff said.

Overall, XD has the edge, even though I still can't forgive them for removing the Under. ;-;

~\"Metal Sonic"/~

Pure Evil
    Years
    Colosseum= Rushed
    XD= Not rushed.
    Stadum series= Better than XD and Colo put together.

XD owns your puny, insegnifigent soul. xD
    Anyway, Dragonfree is right. Yay scyther! And Butterfree! And Ninetales! Wow! They managed to select almost every one of my favorite pokemon into the game as ownable pokemon. And Jumpluff's shadow isn't made of squares! AND Pokemon don't tear through the bodies of their trainers when hit! AND trainers react to when their pokemon get hit! AND bonsly and munchlax are in it! *gasp* So good...

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    Okay, so I went to the book store the other day, and I was reading the Pokemon XD guide book. SO far, heres my rating for XD:

I was VERY dissapointed in XD. If you ask me, I think that the creators were slacking off.

I totally LOVED the Cipher people in the first game. Ein(hot!!), Nascour, Venus, and Dakim were the best; and then they got replaced, which absolutely pisses me off. Same thing with Suicune Entei and Raikou, now Im even more ticked off.

I was fine with Miror B. beng in there, knowing there would be a person I could remeber the other four by, but when they gave him that lighter skin tone, that changing of his afro, that wierd outfit and that masturbating position, nuh-uh, might as well make him another person cuz he aint the Miror B. I knew and Admired.

Then they put in those so called "Robo Kyogre" and "Robo Groudon", THAT just went over the line. If they actually made Kyogre and Groudon into shadow Pokemon, I would be fne with that; but I aint accepting no Robo-**** for Pokemon.

So as you can see, Im for Pokemon Colosseum all the way.
    Thank you and Good night!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2006
    I like XD because allows more pokemon,easier purification,faster gameplay,no hyper mode,saving nywhere including Mt. Battle,and almost normal looking characters.

XD a lot funner

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    XD was an embarassment to Colosseum.

They should have kept the old admins in there. Loverina replacing Ein is like ..."ARRRRRG!" *stabs Loverina* I hate her to death. Nascour didnt deserve to be replaced either for two other total crossdressing men (Nascour wasnt as "crossdressy" as these other two. *hates Eldes and Ardos*whatever theyre names are) Dakim was also alot better than that Gorrigan guy (Whatever his name is. I seriously dont give a Groudon.) I cant even respect Miror B anymore, its just so sad. Not to mention I want Venus back,

Notice that this was only the admins I was complaining about.

Part two is coming up next.

Back