• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon XP

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2008
    Hello there fellow Pokemon fans. First of all I do not know if this thread is in the right place so please forgive me for that. Ok then, I am planning on making a game called Pokemon XP because I have played the Pokemon games over and over and they get really boring. The only problem is that the Starter Kits don't seem to work on my PC and I need a Pokemon battle system and all the other things your regular pokemon game would have such as the bag, pokegear etc.

I know this is a big request but I already have a storyline. All I need is all the scripts for the battle system etc. Basically this is going to be all the games put together with a little twist. I will not tell you what the twist is but it will be awsome. You may also choose to be the baddies. I know Pokemon supposed to be peaceful but it will be a nice change.

Anyone who helps me will be in the creds of the game, obviously. Once I have made some of the game I will post screenies. I will do the mapping myself. Thanks and Soz for the big request.

EDIT: Oh yes I forgot to mention that I need a title screen that says Pokemon at the top and then XP at the bottom. For example:
    Pokemon
    XP
    The People featured should be Hiro holding a Pokeball with Gary standing back to back with him with his arms folded. This would also be a great help. Be sure to add your name at the very bottom of the screen so people know it was yours.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Based on where you put this, you should tell about your story. This way if you do that it can stay here and draw interest while you request help. As for the Starter Kits, they are all based on RMXP (RPG Maker XP). Unless you have that program on your computer they will not work.

While that is the only program that I know of that has starter kits (someone correct me please if I'm wrong), it is by far not the only program that you can use to create a game. In the game development section check the post titled: "Which 2D game maker is the best?" by: Razer Rage. It is very informative.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Hehe, wow! You have yourself a coincidence!
    I'm 99% sure you named it after Windows XP, because it sounds good.
    But did you know that Windows XP stands for Windows eXPerience?

So, you have yourself a great Pokémon eXPerience!

EDIT: If you want to request a name change to Pokéuser, then copy-paste it and PM a mod.
    If you want to know how to type áéíóú for future reference, hold AltGr while typing a vowel.
    If your keyboard has no AltGr, press Ctrl+Alt+[vowel].

Back