• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon XY PC Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
My engine is going well. the resoins for a change of engine are.
Me,Flexx and Proceleon know c#
Its speed is far surperor to RGSS and RGSS2 but ties with RGSS3
Its compatable with linux,mac and windows.
And it going to have some extra top secect surprises in it MHAHAHAHA

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
We'll probably add Mega Diancie as an update, it'll depend on how fast the mega Diancie sprite leaks ;)

Head on over to serebii.net and find the section on oras. It has the images of the new megas and the primal revisions.

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
And we'd need to model them, animate them and texture them, sorry for my laziness, but I'd rather wait till OR/AS mega sprites have been leaked instead of pulling of a bad job myself.

PinkCatDragon

Years
Heres a update people. Well not really it just somethink proceleon designed.
and i use it as my desktop wallpaper now so enjoy https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qt1dlon51a383i/Johto Megas.png
Spoiler:

Proceleon

Pokemon Designer
Years
New Mega artwork has been done.

Mega Porygon-Z Y - I'm sorry Ash, I'm afraid I can't do that.
Spoiler:

Mega Porygon-Z X - This is why we trust Mac and Linux.
Spoiler:

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
I don't even want to pretend that I understand what I just read in Proceleon's last post..

But I have to say that I cannot wait to play this!

I am one of the poor souls that can't stand playing handheld games, so I buy a copy of the legit game and download a rom of it. Ultimately, this led me to rom hacking. Bought a copy of Y a long while back and have been waiting for what seems like an eternity hoping for a rom of it (and a working emulator for it)

The wait... is nearly over... THANK YOU!

Oh, and quick question.. Is Vulpix going to be obtainable in XY PCE? If not, I am giving an everstone to Fennekin. While it isn't a Vulpix, it is a fire fox, and it is cute~ Too bad it's only 12.5% female chance :/ Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Keep up the great work! I'll definitely be checking this thread for updates multiple times a day! x3

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
As a follow-up question from the previous post, will there be online capability? for example, the only way to get Vulpix is to breed Ninetails, and the only way to get Ninetails if from the friend safari. To have the friend safari work, we'd need to add other players, and then based on some variable, or even simpler, our trainer ID's, we'd be assigned a certain type. It would actually be really cool to see something like that, and if multi-player function is planned (such as trading or battling) then there isn't any reason to not throw this in as well.

PinkCatDragon

Years
I don't even want to pretend that I understand what I just read in Proceleon's last post..

But I have to say that I cannot wait to play this!

I am one of the poor souls that can't stand playing handheld games, so I buy a copy of the legit game and download a rom of it. Ultimately, this led me to rom hacking. Bought a copy of Y a long while back and have been waiting for what seems like an eternity hoping for a rom of it (and a working emulator for it)

The wait... is nearly over... THANK YOU!

Oh, and quick question.. Is Vulpix going to be obtainable in XY PCE? If not, I am giving an everstone to Fennekin. While it isn't a Vulpix, it is a fire fox, and it is cute~ Too bad it's only 12.5% female chance :/ Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Keep up the great work! I'll definitely be checking this thread for updates multiple times a day! x3

As a follow-up question from the previous post, will there be online capability? for example, the only way to get Vulpix is to breed Ninetails, and the only way to get Ninetails if from the friend safari. To have the friend safari work, we'd need to add other players, and then based on some variable, or even simpler, our trainer ID's, we'd be assigned a certain type. It would actually be really cool to see something like that, and if multi-player function is planned (such as trading or battling) then there isn't any reason to not throw this in as well.
Yo Saving Rawen and Lady Prixy dragonnite programer here. the question on vulpix i cant answer yet as for the online stuff Wonder Trade and Friend Safria are going to be extras you can put in the game by DLC. the built in trade system will feture a LAN WLAN and Hamchi Tradeing system

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
There will be online capability, as for the friend safary and wonder trade, these will be added through DLC.

Saving Raven posted in our thread, oh mah gawd :O xD

Bliss

Years
Yo Saving Rawen and Lady Prixy dragonnite programer here. the question on vulpix i cant answer yet as for the online stuff Wonder Trade and Friend Safria are going to be extras you can put in the game by DLC. the built in trade system will feture a LAN WLAN and Hamchi Tradeing system
So Vulpix won't be obtainable within XY PC without online trading? That's not exactly what I was hoping for, but I suppose it's time I found a second favorite Pokemon anyway.

Thank you for responding~ I can't wait for this to have a release! :)

Keep up the great work, everyone!

PinkCatDragon

Years
So Vulpix won't be obtainable within XY PC without online trading? That's not exactly what I was hoping for, but I suppose it's time I found a second favorite Pokemon anyway.

Thank you for responding~ I can't wait for this to have a release! :)

Keep up the great work, everyone!
Vulpix will be obtainable on game the reson i cant answer is we are decideing on how to split the versions

Bliss

Years
Vulpix will be obtainable on game the reson i cant answer is we are decideing on how to split the versions
Oh, I see.

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me just trying to get Vulpix on my team lol.

Oh, quick question. Will it be possible to complete the Pokedex without trading from other players? For the in-game region. (Kalos, I believe?)

Off topic: I just realized I have no idea how many entries the Kalos Pokedex has. That's kind of sad.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
If you split the versions you could have it be a variable that is randomly chosen from 1 or 2, and that changes the in-game trades to that of the pokemon unobtainable in the version, and the encounters to the ones for that specific version.

It's refreshing to hear there will be online capability.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Its being made in c# so things not in essentals or diffacult are being added

Yes I know it isn't made in essentials, but I assume there is a way to create a variable that changes certain things based upon it. Of course I'm just guessing, I have no knowledge of C#, so you know better.

Anyway good luck

Bliss

Years
I'm curious, have you decided how the X/Y starters will be available for capture?

In many hacks, I see the starters moved to areas where you might find Pokemon of their type (Totodyle in surf areas, Bulbasaur in forests, etc) but there's always the option of making them event (or side-quest) Pokemon.

Just thought I'd ask what you were planning, or if you had given this any thought yet.

Thanks~! Still eagerly awaiting the Beta! :3

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 10, 2023
Oh, I see.

Looks like I'll have my work cut out for me just trying to get Vulpix on my team lol.

Oh, quick question. Will it be possible to complete the Pokedex without trading from other players? For the in-game region. (Kalos, I believe?)

Off topic: I just realized I have no idea how many entries the Kalos Pokedex has. That's kind of sad.

The kalos dex in total has 454 pokemon. Central is 150, coastal is153, mountain is 151.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Thanks guys for making this project, after scams of 3DS emulators we have finally got it on PC! BTW I have a question;

Will you be able to go to an another region? Not to be greedy but it would be cool if it was like HGSS where you can go to Johto and Kanto.

I suggest that you can make the player go to Kalos and Hoenn.

And will there be Mega Yveltal?

Controls WASD or arrows?

thank you and sorry for lots of questions

PinkCatDragon

Years
Thanks guys for making this project, after scams of 3DS emulators we have finally got it on PC! BTW I have a question;

Will you be able to go to an another region? Not to be greedy but it would be cool if it was like HGSS where you can go to Johto and Kanto.

I suggest that you can make the player go to Kalos and Hoenn.

And will there be Mega Yveltal?

Controls WASD or arrows?

thank you and sorry for lots of questions
Mega Yveltal:No
Another Region:ORAS are planed as a dlc but maybe back tracking would be nice
Controls:Will be configurable WASD,Arrows heck the numpad maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back