• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Pokemon Yellow Save state destoyred...NOOOOOO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    I hadnt used any cheats the entire game and i had played up intil i got the silphp scope and was about to finish lavender tower, i have a game shark so i decided i wanted to make my haunter a gengar but i have no link cord so i just decided to use a game shark to change it into gengar, game loads up with code in, game save destroyed!!!!!! nooooooo i didnt deserve this i had been working on this game for 15 hours!!!!!!!

well to the point:

i have heard of codes where it is possible to restore save data but only happens sometimes, does anyone know it, is it even a real code? this is for Yellow btw

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 20, 2013
    Are you sure your game is really gone? I'm sure you have, but try turning the game back on, and it might be back. When I put in a code to get Mew in my blue version, it said that the save had been deleted, but it was really still there. Unfortunately, I've never heard of a game save restoration code.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Mar 20, 2013
    I'm sorry. That's really gotta stink. But look on the bright side; starting over will make you better at Pokemon.

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    There is a lesson to be learned here.

If you are using Gameshark, always always ALWAYS put the switch in OFF position when the code isn't in use!

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Poke'gangster said:
    ummm I think he's making it up maybe. And uh Mewther its called a gameboy not a brainboy.

. . . So when playing Pokemon, we're not supposed to use a Gameboy?

No, Mewther meant Brainboy. It is a product used for cheats on a Gameboy. I think it can also be used to store game files for backup purposes, in case you accidentally delete your save. (Description is told properly at the bottom of this page - https://www.otakuboards.com/archive/index.php/t-37923.html )

https://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4123403671&category=14794

https://www.divineo.fr/cgi-bin/div-fr/uk-gbc-brain

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • Poke'gangster said:
    ummm I think he's making it up maybe. And uh Mewther its called a gameboy not a brainboy.
    I don't mean a gameboy.. I said you better not use a brainboy (cheatdevice) :laugh: When you don't know what where talking about here..,
    Don't reply :P

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
  • dqle said:
    Uh, never heard of a Brainboy before... Although I remember very clearly another device called the Game Genie!
    Yeah I remember that one to..
    But the Brainboy does exist and that is what I meant :)

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Well that has happened to me twice in my lifetime, once on my Pokemon red version (i used GameShark to get every Pokemon) and on my Japanese RUby version (I played it so much the save file battery wore out).

If you are unable to create a new save file after, I remember how to repair saving mechanism, so please e-mail me if you want to know how to do it (it is too long to type if no one needs it).
    my e-mail is:
    [email protected]

Leo

www.unowncave.tk
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    u can change the intenal battary
    it works for my red...

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I knew of a code that restored your last game, but I think it may of worked only for R/B.

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    Shadowburn, why would you bring back a thread that is well over a year old? Please don't do that again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back