• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you Disregard? D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have to look at a list, otherwise I wouldn't remember them enough to list them. XD;

-Ledian. When I look at it, I realize it's the evolution of Ledyba, but when I hear the name I'm just like "...what?"
    -Pineco. I have no problem remembering Forretress, but you'd be hard pressed to get me to remember what it evolved from without a Pokedex.
    -Lombre. I know Lotad, I know Ludicolo. But not Lombre.
    -Vibrava. I have literally never heard of this Pokemon before, so I guess I can't technically disregard it, but that also made me realize that Flygon comes from Trapinch?!

Then it gets into fourth gen, which I don't know much about anyway since I never seriously played that gen.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years

Anorith > Lileep

I ignore Dunsparce on purpose. It's like the Pokemon version of Kuriboh, just less cute.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Most Pokemon after the Hoenn region :/. And even some of that too. Its just..THERES TOO MANY POKEMON for my brain to handle. I only ever remember the important ones past R/S/E because if I remember one, another one gets lost.. Plus the names dont really stick in your head anymore, Like Charmander, Chairzard, Venosaur, Blastoise, Pikachu, Pidgey...You get the idea. The names now barely relate to the pokemon itself. Take Haunter as a good example: Haunter. Its a Ghost type, it HAUNTS for freaks sake. Now, take Drifbloom as another example..Sure, its a balloon, and it drifts...So not too hard right? Now take Snivy as a bad example..What does Snivy have anything to do with the pokemon itself? *sigh* and so the names are just hard to keep inside my head. But if I saw the Pokemon, most of the time id be able to name it, or come close >_>.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Most Pokemon after the Hoenn region :/. And even some of that too. Its just..THERES TOO MANY POKEMON for my brain to handle. I only ever remember the important ones past R/S/E because if I remember one, another one gets lost.. Plus the names dont really stick in your head anymore, Like Charmander, Chairzard, Venosaur, Blastoise, Pikachu, Pidgey...You get the idea. The names now barely relate to the pokemon itself. Take Haunter as a good example: Haunter. Its a Ghost type, it HAUNTS for freaks sake. Now, take Drifbloom as another example..Sure, its a balloon, and it drifts...So not too hard right? Now take Snivy as a bad example..What does Snivy have anything to do with the pokemon itself? *sigh* and so the names are just hard to keep inside my head. But if I saw the Pokemon, most of the time id be able to name it, or come close >_>.

It's a snide-looking Pokemon, that's long, thin, and grass, like a piece of ivy. That was a bad example. xD; A better example of what you mean might be Darmanitan, Cofagrigus, Emolga, etc.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Everything in 5th gen that I didn't actively train or catch a shiny version of.

All the baby Pokemon.

Those Pokemon that got really ugly evos in 4th gen (Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Ambipom, etc.)

Those guys like Dunsparce, Luvdisc, and Unown that are just... there.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    Charmeleon, feel bad for it?

I don't think the word Charmeleon has ever been used without being followed up by the word Charizard. See, once again there. Every time I think of Charmeleon, I think what a cool design, type of character, a general top class second stage for a Pokémon. Sometimes I think, if only Charizard wasn't it's final evo, then it'd get some much needed recognition for how cool it is.

Pokemon you Disregard? D:

Your opinions? Or any other second evo Pokémon who had their thunder stolen.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I know the reversed version of this: Sceptile. Many people think that Grovyle is much cooler than Sceptile, but I don't think so. Sceptile isn't that bad.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
    I always thought Grovyle and Sceptile to be incredibly similar in many ways, just the later more powerful.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    To be honest, I forget about Charmeleon. I mean, hes in the middle of two great Pokemon..Charmander and Charizard. Not that hes any less great, but you always remember the starter Charmander, and then its final Evo Charizard, so Charmeleon kinda gets pushed to the back. Of course, its a great Pokemon, and a bridge between a good Pokemon and an even better one. Im guessing people are like me, and sort of forget him at moments :/. I usually forget Grovyl/Sceptile/Treecko, since I only used them in one playthrough, and didnt really like them compared to Mudkip and Swampert..But I usually forget about the middle Evo of starters anyway >_<.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
    I usually overlook the second evolutions to most Pokemon, not just the starters. People always seem to remember the first evolution for what it can evolve into, and the final evolution for the power it possesses.

Come to think of it, I never gave the second evolutions much thought until I saw this topic.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    I love Charmeleon I never forget it. I have placed an everstone on my Charmeleon and Used it through out the whole game i think its great.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    You kidding? I love Charmeleon! He used to be my favorite Pokémon for a while way back when. I used to play the Petite Cup in Pokémon Stadium and use the rental Charmeleon to rip through every team. He was my best pal!

Wartortle is also a really cool second-stage Pokémon.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I think a lot of second-stage evolutions get overshadowed... Barring the "baby Pokemon issue", most Trainers seem to typically encounter Pokemon in their first stages. Not to mention that that particular stage is usually the "cutest", and so will likely be remembered for nostalgic reasons. If Trainers are intent of evolving Pokemon during training, the final stage will pretty much be the form that the Pokemon will spend the rest of its life in, and as a result the trainer grows accustomed to said final form.

Second stages simply serve as "bridges" for Pokemon evolution, and often times, they are just "resizes" of their previous or upcoming stages. Furthermore, IMO, many second-stage starter Pokemon past Generation 2 appear to be afterthoughts, just scaled down versions of the final evo with weird appendages or designs. I feel that Charmeleon is noteworthy, though, because Ash's Charizard first expressed disloyalty as a Charmeleon, and that was essentially the first instance of viewers encountering such a thing in the anime. Even still, Ash's Charizard was only a Charmeleon for ~3 episodes and grew quickly anyway, to this day being memorable as Ash's Charizard.

I guess the "intermediate" nature of the second-stage, not to mention the briefness of it and the lack of "nostalgia", "power", or "permanence" to it (along with some strange designs) seal the deal of second-stages getting overshadowed by other stages. I mean, it's weird to refer to a Combusken - you have only one more stage to go, and everyone knows it as Blaziken!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like the second-ones of many pokémon lines. I used to keep a team of Wartortle, Charmeleon and Ivysaur on my Yellow game just because I thought they were so much cooler and not as intimidating as the final evos.

I agree they get overshadowed by their final evos or prevos most of the time, and that's sad, since many middle evos are pretty unique and interesting. Take Flaaffy or Nuzleaf for example. They aren't as weirdly clumsy as their evos or prevos, and look great! (yes, I think Nuzleaf look great)

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Well yeah, there is always exceptions to my newfound rule: The disappearance of memories of the second evolutions or TDOMOFTSE >_>. Like Pokemon who pop up often in battles with the other trainers, like In Gen V for the last gym, theres quite a few Fraxures, so im guessing later on not many people will forget about them, and then you have the awesome second evo Pokemon, but like that one guy said, now they are mini versions of their final evo :/. Like..Pignite. He just looks like a kid version of Emboar..>_<. Though I think in gen V its not so bad..Like from Servine to Serperior its a pretty big change, and I know I wont forget Servine anytime soon since thats the last time you see those cute little arms~ same with Dewott and Samurott...You got the otter ninja who then evolves into a water unicorn type thing...I think its just a matter of most people get a starter, and then all they think about is its last evo, so instead of thinking about its second evo they just focus on the last one as a goal, like tunnel vision I suppose *shrugs* all they see is Charizard, and they just sort of skip past Charmeleon, and so dont think about him much ^_^. Sorry if I confused you..Couldnt exactly put it into words >_<.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I don't really disregard any Pokémon. I suppose I forget about some Gen IV and Gen V legendaries. A lot of them seem pointless and aren't encountered under normal conditions. I suppose there is probably more but I can't think of them.

Years
    I tend to forget about a lot of Hoenn pokemon, like the fossils. I never hear anyone talk about them lol.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Fossils! Lol I totally forget about those until you find someone who gives you one..Then they sit in my bag until I come across the lab/museum that turns it into a Pokemon..Then that Pokemon sits in the PC until I remember about it much later and decide to train it ^_^.

Back