• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you love that everyone else hates

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I don't believe that I'm particularly fond of any Pokemon that the majority despises, but I appreciate many Pokemon that most people don't seem to rave about.

Furfrou
    Furfrou comes to mind. I've noticed people seem to hate it's apparently "gimmicky" concept, or completely love it for it's customization option. I love its ability, and am quite fond of it's design.

Meowstic
    Meowstic's pre-evolution, Espurr, has captivated many with it's dead "fish eyes" in conjunction with its cute kitten-like appearance. Meowstic is less appreciated and I quite like the designs, particularly the female one.

Cinccino
    Here is a truly underrated Pokemon. Last generation, Cinccino was pushed into Smogon's RU and seemingly forgotten. Despite it's harmless appearance, I find it quite useful with it's Skill Link ability!​

My second-favourite Pokémon is Probopass and... literally everyone hates it. :( I know maybe 5 people total who don't despise it. (And we all adore it so there doesn't seem to be any in-between.)

Probopass is certainly not a commonly loved Pokemon. I think you've found your indifference party here, though. I have little opinion on it, I'm definitely not fond of its design though. Do you like the design, or what is it that you find appealing?​

Last edited by a moderator:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years

Lopunny, *hears the gasps of many people*...is probably my favorite Normal-type behind the almighty Dunsparce. I really don't like how we have to lump female looking Pokemon into the "waifu" category and think anyone who likes any human-like Pokemon besides Gallade or Lucario, is sexually attracted to it. While I do know what its based off of, I don't think its sexually attractive. (Nor do I have a problem with people being sexually attracted to Pokemon.) I personally think it is a good Pokemon to use and super adorable. Plus, it's fluffy, I love fluffy Pokemon.

To be quite honest, Lopunny is the only one of those "waifu" pokémon whose appeal I never really understood. Gardevoir has a flowing dress and implied breasts in its original R/S sprite, so I can see how people find it sexually appealing, but Lopunny has always appeared to me as nothing more than a stylized rabbit with no implicit sexual characteristics at all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    I love cute pokemons! Especially chansey.. however, my classmates doesn't like it because it doesn't have much abilities. but for me she's the cutest! :D

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    The one pokemon that other people seem to hate so much is Diggersby. I don't care if he looks like a drunk bunny, I love him for him. He's so much better than Lopunny which I've never liked. Plus there's dat Huge Power.

I admit I hate Klefki but not for that design but because I always get owned by that thing in battles and it just seems to not want to be used by me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wobbuffet. I've yet to see someone "like" this Pokemon, despite being "useless".
    Oh, I think there's a lot of people who like Wobbuffet actually! For instance, there's a moderator on PC (for pokémon anime I think) who is named Wobbu and is a prompt follower of the wooooobbu-cult. So you're not alone :3

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2014
    A lot of my friends hate that Shuckle is my favorite Pokemon. He's a complete troll, forgotten my most everyone until he shows up and refuses to die. Power Split is my move of choice on him, making his crummy attack stats suddenly become another major defensive boon. People would sometimes quit battles with me online once Shuckle came out, leading me to believe that the hate is rather widespread

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    Emboar and serperior are mine Those guys helped me in some battles that i could never disrespect them again Emboar gets hated for being the ever stale fire/fighting starter

Years

Their dual typing may be bad and they may be outclassed by many other Bugs and Grass Pokemon, but I still love this line anyway. (Plus, Sewaddle's adorable as heck ;-;)

My favorite Pika clone; I love its design and it's somewhat useful in-game. I just wish it had access to a Special Fairy move and not just Play Rough ;;

Similar to Sewaddle line, they get a lot of hate for having a relatively bad dual typing (even more so than the Aron line, as Aggron at least has a monstrous Defense, fantastic Attack, and Mega Evo.; dunno about Probopass though) due to 4x Fighting and Ground weaknesses, but I love them anyway~

Years
    Yup

Emboar
    I've always been a pyro on the inside, so I've loved each and every single of of the fire starters.
    Zubat
    Like you said, i've used one of these for a long time. Get it up to a crobat and you'll be surpised how strong this guy is.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Feebas, even if he's kind of ugly he have a good Hidden Ability to do plenty of damage and maybe have more potential than Milotic.

Years
    I also really like Altaria. While it's not Dragonite or Salamence, it's design is really neat and its Pokédex entries state that it "sings in a beautiful soprano". It can also use Cotton Guard, which I like. I used one in my first White 2 playthrough and enjoyed it. I just feel it gets flack for not being what the pseudo-legends were.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    One of my favorite pokemon in Phione, who has been cemented as the absolute worst legendary. But I actually find mine pretty useful in battle, and I like its design much more than Manaphy's design. I see why people say Phione had no reason to exist, and I agree, but I can't stop loving it for what it is.

Years
    The only one that springs to mind is Stunky and Skuntank, I don't know if they're hated but I don't feel like they're overly popular, maybe cause they're skunks or something I don't know haha but they're one of my favourite Pokémon in the Sinnoh region; they both just seem really fluffy or something lol and Skuntank was one of my best Pokémon in Diamond :)

Years
    I think I'm the only one of my friends whose favorite Eeveelution is Flareon. I completely understand why most don't like them, though. Having it on your team requires a lot of patience due to an abysmal move pool and less than average stats. They're so darn cute though! :] Also, thanks to a Sapphire Nuzlocke I did a while back, I've come to appreciate Hariyama, a rather unpleasant Pokemon aesthetically.

Years
    Eevee. Most of my friends try to evolve it into Jolteon or Umbreon as soon as they can but I love the little guy, even if its move set is a bit limited.
    Buneary. Just about everyone I know hates this fluffy little bunny. They say "It's a normal type, therefor it sucks."

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years

I literally fail to understand why people bash these pokemon and their lines for being boring/ugly/lame/uncreative in designs.

These poor darlings don't receive much love either. :,(

Back