• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you love that everyone else hates

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Aromatisse. Now I know she may not be the most overlooked or hated Pokemon, but everywhere I go I see the phrase "wasted potential" in reference to her. Everyone expected Aromatisse to be this dark, tall, badass witch doctor with stellar defenses and a nightmarish bag of fairy dust that lulls its opponent into a deep and everlasting slumber. But nope! Instead Aromatisse turned out to be something even better, in my opinion. And it's like, why you gotta be so disappointed with such a sassy, beautiful, purple Pokemon? She's got more personality and design in her than a fair amount of other Pokemon out there, that's for sure. Though.. I suppose that's not necessarily a common school of thought.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Aromatisse. Now I know she may not be the most overlooked or hated Pokemon, but everywhere I go I see the phrase "wasted potential" in reference to her. Everyone expected Aromatisse to be this dark, tall, badass witch doctor with stellar defenses and a nightmarish bag of fairy dust that lulls its opponent into a deep and everlasting slumber. But nope! Instead Aromatisse turned out to be something even better, in my opinion. And it's like, why you gotta be so disappointed with such a sassy, beautiful, purple Pokemon? She's got more personality and design in her than a fair amount of other Pokemon out there, that's for sure. Though.. I suppose that's not necessarily a common school of thought.

That's actually really good reasoning for liking a pokemon, there are some sort've uninspired designs amongst the 718 poke's. Aromatisse certainly does have a visible attitude about it too. :P I sympathize with your feelings on this.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    All these folks mentioning Zubat, awww yeah. I thought Golbat was pretty epic until Crobat rolled around. I just really love Crobat, agh.

Tentacruel is another one, too.

I'm not gonna lie, I do like Stunfisk, tho. I got one in a wonder trade early in my Pkmn X run and lemme say, that thing was a beast.

Years
  • I don't know if I'd consider Hitmontop hated since I never hear anything about it; I'd definitely group him into the criminally underrated category of Pokemon. He is a bit strange but the spin top mixed with a martial arts style pokemon is definitely unique and the design turned out to be clever as well. I just wish he wasn't so tricky to obtain.

Back