• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you think got treated badly by the writers

Years
  • Over the years, some Pokemon owned by Ash and his friends got treated poorly.

This includes things like lack of appearance, little-to-no development or not having much battle success.

So, I want to hear your thoughts.

What Pokemon owned by main characters do you think got treated badly by the anime writers?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Probably Ask's Krokorok. In his latest gym battle against Skyla Krokorok should have had the advantage against Swoobat, especially since Krokorok knew stone edge, but he fell after one attack. I expected more from Krokorok.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Ash's Pidgeot (remember him?)

His Pidgeot wants to stay in Viridian forest as a guardian
    Ash: I promise to return for you one day!
    *Left Viridian forest in tears"

Never bothered to come back to Viridian since then, not even a small visit.

BlaqJester

Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2013
    Pikachu got a Hyper Beam to the face............o.O

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I think Brock's Croagunk should have evolved, from what I remember Ash's Glailee was pretty left out, too.
    I think Cilan's Stunfisk is kinda forgotten about, too

Not a main characters Pokemon, but the Porygon family has been left out. I mean I understand the seizure thing, but they should bring it back.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2013
    Primeape and Pidgeotto for obvious reasons, most of Misty's Pokemon apart from Psyduck, Goldeen, Togepi and Staryu. Iris' Emolga hardly gets used.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I think the most obvious case is Torterra. This dude can be powerful, but for some reason, he got dumbed down, especially due to the lack of frequent battles. For him not to win ANY battle is outrageous, he simply didn't have a chance to display his abilities----->Best example of mishandling I can find.

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
    Years
  • Anybody remember Ash's Butterfree????
    It has been so long since he took off to start his own family...
    He atleast deserves a few episodes, especially after such a heartfelt and emotional goodbye...

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • MAGIKARP... Everything he does is fail-tasitic, including attacking, even with Tackle and Flail, he's not very good. That and his Splash makes him a viable target for hungry PIDGEYs.

Back