• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen POKEMON Z, WOULD YOU WAIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildDevon

XXX
Years
  • It's pretty obvious there will be a Z cut of X and Y, but would you rather wait until that comes out or still get X and Y first? I presume Z will be like the original way cuts were made and it's just the same game with more stuff in it, (contrary to black/white 2) Either way, what are your thoughts?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It was pretty obvious we'd get Pokemon Grey with Black and White....Oh and it was so obvious we'd get Ruby and Sapphire Remakes before Generation 6.

Considering Z hasn't anything to do with Genetics, I'm hoping Gen 6 goes the way of Gold/Silver with Crystal. We'll have to wait to see the Pokedex to see if they have anything else to match with these two. Or pull another B2W2.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • If we've learned anything, it's too soon to really predict what will come after X and Y. That being said, I won't be one to wait till then. I have plans to buy X and Y when they're released, and whenever the next games come out ─ whatever it may be ─ I'll probably get that one too.

Tis the life of one who grew up playing Pokémon and can't seem to escape its wrath.

WildDevon

XXX
    Years
  • So you believe it's based on genetics huh? That's pretty eye opening! Do you think we're gonna get more breeding and evolutions for pokemon from past games or a whole other round of new pokes?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Like XanderO said, nothing obvious. Nothing is certain. People keep wantng to find/place these patterns in how Gamefreak develops and releases their games. Just because they handled their releases in the past a certain way does not mean they will continue that way.

A pokemon Z may seem likely, but just likee all those now disappointed R/S/E fans, I wouldn't count on anything at this point.

Munchlax11

Munch?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 15, 2014
    Check out this article that talks about why "Z" would logically come next
    https://m.kotaku.com/5975396/this-nerdy-explanation-for-pokmon-xy-might-blow-your-mind

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • It's pretty obvious there will be a Z cut of X and Y, but would you rather wait until that comes out or still get X and Y first? I presume Z will be like the original way cuts were made and it's just the same game with more stuff in it, (contrary to black/white 2) Either way, what are your thoughts?

Well we can't assume it's instantly Z, did you actually think Black 2 and White 2 would be it, no, you probably thought it would be Gray, and also we can't assume it'll be all too similar like D/P were to Platinum, B2/W2 had different storyline, so why not the Gen VI remake/sequel? xD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We already have a discussion thread for the third game speculation, Ace. You're free to hop on over to Pokémon Gaming Center to possibly create a discussion thread on the purpose of buying the first two games in a generation, when it's become apparent that at this rate, they'll be replaced with an enhanced version regardless, but as for this, it's run it's course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back