• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON ZAP YELLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    POKEMON ZAP YELLOW (new version)

Hey everyone i remaking pokemon yellow version its called zap yellow
    STORY
    Ash a boy from pallet town is now old enough to go on a pokemon journey he wanders outside of the neighborhood but is caught by PROF.OAK. Oak tells Ash it is unsafe to go out without a pokemon but suddenly a Pikachu attacks and Oak somehow manages to capture the Pikachu. Oak then leads Ash to his lab at which Gary ash's rival is waiting. Oak then tells Ash to grab the pokeball on the table which contains an EEVEE but Gary pushes Ash aside and snatches the pokeball. So Oak tells Ash to come over to him and he explains to Ash he is giving him the Pikachu that attacked them, Ash seemed worried the Pikachu doesn't seem tame but Oak tells Ash he has faith that he can train the Pikachu. Ash accepts the Pikachu, now Ash has his first pokemon with this Pikachu can ash become the greatest Pokemon trainer in history? Its up to you. you will face hard battles and two Rivals the first is Gary and your second rival is Richie you will battle both of them along the way along with toppling the evil team rocket along with the three stooges Jessie, James, and Meowth the path to the championship will be hard but you've got the power in your hand good luck!

FEATURES
    1. Start with Pikachu (with stronger stats)
    2. Pikachu learns new attacks (sweet kiss, iron tail, and Volt tackle)
    3. Pikachu follows you around (just like in the real yellow version)
    4. Intro character looks like Ash (from the original anime series)
    5. Team rocket Jessie and James battles.
    6. Oak catches Pikachu in beginning of game (just like in yellow)
    7. Obtain Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
    8. Pikachu power up (light ball) in vermillion gym.
    9. New rival Richie battles. (Richie from original anime series)
    10. Rival Gary starts with EVEE
    11. Pikachu does not evolve (just like in yellow)
    12. Trade evolution pokemon now evolve by level
    13. Espeon and umbreon are obtainable by evolving EVEE with sunstone and moon stone.
    14. Brock and misty are wearing their original outfits from the original anime.
    15. Jolteon catchable in power plant.
    16. Raichu and Dragonite catchable in Cerulean cave (just like red and blue versions)
    17. Some gym leaders have their set of pokemon from the original anime. (Brock, Misty, Surge, Blaine)
    18. There is a Mew event at the end of cinnabar mansion.
    19. All 151 original pokemon obtainable.
    20. Pokemon gain more experience from battling than usual.
    new trainer backsprite pallet edit
    new pikachu emoticon windows

Game glitches
    · When Pikachu follows you around he is not a seprate character he is part of the main character and is not solid like the the actual player so you cannot talk to Pikachu (sadly) and when trainers come up to you it seems like they walk on top of Pikachu, and he walks through things when on the edge of the screen, sorry this is a game hack and no body knows how to script a Pikachu to follow you in the game so we just add him to the main character sprite a sprite is a computer generated game character so basicly Pikachu is an extension to the actual player character itself sorry.

PROLGUE TO STARTING OVER (AN INTERVEIW WITH THE CREATOR) see attachment video

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    umm for some reasons this hack stops working once im about to recieve pikachu does this happen to anyone else ?

Zxman300

Working on a hack.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    it's awesome i like the pikachu following you. also is it possible to go to the islands like navel rock 1,2,3 island all that stuff?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • This is an absolute revelation. Have managed to get the Pikachu following script working on every tile?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    This is an absolute revelation. Have managed to get the Pikachu following script working on every tile?

I am not sure about that though... :\

When Pikachu follows you around he is not a seprate character he is part of the main character and is not solid like the the actual player so you cannot talk to Pikachu (sadly) and when trainers come up to you it seems like they walk on top of Pikachu, and he walks through things when on the edge of the screen, sorry this is a game hack and no body knows how to script a Pikachu to follow you in the game so we just add him to the main character sprite a sprite is a computer generated game character so basicly Pikachu is an extension to the actual player character itself sorry.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • This is a nice hack.. The Pikachu thingy following xD..:3 thing is nice for you to make it :D.. and i hope you'll finish this.. and i hope to see more Screenies and more updates of this Game

-Yasumin

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    cool, so i guess i cant start Project ZAPYELLOW then, we thought the same thing.., how did you did that? you read my mind..XD just kidding, lolz.., anyways good luck with the hack, I'm looking forward to this hack..

here's a titlescreen i made when i'm about to start the hack..
    POKEMON ZAP YELLOW

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    hey every one yeah ive noticed about that begining part it just does that but the rom itself doesnt ive fixed that so here il upload the the new edited version now with the complete female sprite try this and see if it works.

it's awesome i like the pikachu following you. also is it possible to go to the islands like navel rock 1,2,3 island all that stuff?

yes actually i might just put navel rock on 7 island in a cave entrance cool huh?

hey im going to try to make it better also i like x busters zap yellow background how did he make the back ground like that? i never could figure that out.

This is a hack of Firered correct?

yes this is a fire red hack

also i forgot to mention i think i remember making it so pikachu can learn surf lol try it if you get that far

also heres some more screen shots

also i keep encountering this super glitch where whenever a pokemon reaches evolution level the screen turns black and freezes that way i dont know how to fix that problem ive already had to restart once cause of it!

Last edited:

Shadow Lucas

Is learning how to Script
    Years
  • also i keep encountering this super glitch where whenever a pokemon reaches evolution level the screen turns black and freezes that way i dont know how to fix that problem ive already had to restart once cause of it!
    Yeah that happend to me when i was training my Charmander

DarkPhantomX

Buggy Black Knight
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Same thing happened to my pidgey, I love the hack and all but I think the bugs should be cleaned up before any more releases.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Nice game. I like to play the game that get idea from original anime series:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back