• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON ZAP YELLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    does any body know how to

does any one know how to fix certain glitches like that evolution glitch?

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    PROBLEM SOLVED THROUGH CREATIVE THINKING!

well heres the new beta i tested it and it should have no problem now i happened to have an almost finished copy of it before the glitch the game has alot but not as much as the one with the evolution glitch yay creative thinking!! oh and i added a new feature to the beginning when you get pikachu now i will work on having pikachu emotion windows in certain scripts/before battles/random but hey there pikachu emotion windows just like the original yellow version just you see them not from pikachu but from other scripts and events like gym leaders and occasionally team rocket. i hope the new beta works it did when i tested it good luck. support zap yellow yay!

Zxman300

Working on a hack.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    The evolution bug is fixed. Up until now i finished the game without evolving a pokemon. i just used Pikachu the whole time!

Last edited:

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Great game! One question though:
    Can you make it so Pikachu doesn't follow you until you obtain him?
    It just seems wierd not having him, yet you do and all.

sorry i cant make it so pikachu doesnt follow you until you get him pikachu is part of the heros OW sprite and does any one think my ash sprite is cool it was hard getting the greens and the pallet to work together and all. but now im workin on pikachu emotion windows in some game scripts lol.

great hack.. but its kinda glitchy..
    ok ive already posted some of the glitches on the first thread is it the three starters? if not whats the glitch? help me out so i can try to make it better. thanks.

now i have beta 1.2 uploaded guys and i added a new surprise all the way up to brock welcome back from the original yellow version the pikachu emotion windows and along with that those scripts are changed also the evolution glitch is no more yeah!! and any other glitch you may encounter will be useful to you in someway haha have you ever seen useful glitches before? well now you will! rock on zap yellow.

Last edited:

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • Wouldn't it be possible to learn assembly for pokemon and modify a code to make pikachu follow you? You also might want to fix the other character's glitched pallets on the overworld.

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    i wouldnt have a clue

Wouldn't it be possible to learn assembly for pokemon and modify a code to make pikachu follow you? You also might want to fix the other character's glitched pallets on the overworld.

ok i probably can fix the over worlds that will take some time and as for an assembly code for me learning that would be very difficult considering i know nothing about that unless you can tell me how to do it lol

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Wow,not bad,im working on a yellow remake myself....The pikachu thing is cool,I thought of doing something like that once,but oh well.Anyway good luck!

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    thanks

Wow,not bad,im working on a yellow remake myself....The pikachu thing is cool,I thought of doing something like that once,but oh well.Anyway good luck!

hey thanks i'm new here and i have only been rom hacking for two months so im a beginner im not very good at scripting i mostly copy and alter scripts with the little knowledge i obtained from tutorials but im not good enough to make my own scripts i might need a scripter if i want to do anything more advanced but im a decent spriter i managed to make a killer ash sprite and with some creativity insert the pikachu emoticons as well i had to learn a little more scripting for that and even still the events with the pikachu emoticons are a lil glitchy but ive notices alot of the game glitches are actually useful to you if you use the glitch right lol maybe we could help each other i love yellow version because it was my first gameboy and pokemon game i happen to have a yellow blue and red walkthrough booklet at home that describes the differences between the games i could help with the pikachu follow sprite maybe and maybe you could give me some scripts i need?

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    I MIGHT NEED HELP

OK does any body want to help me with ZAP YELLOW i need a good scripter i might want new map tiles im a good spriter so i might not need one of those and so yeah i mainly need a good scripter and a map maker i want this hack to be well known alomost one of the best yellow remakes so if any one knows how to change the intro movie scene with gengar and nidorino that would be great help to so just tell me on this thread or PM me if you want to help.

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    final beta of the month none till next month

well after five hours of hard working on my script glitches all the scripts with pikachu emoticons are now fixed and on the first teamrocket event there is a meowth emoticon window so the scripts are fixed i think i fixed brocks script but i havent tested that one but i know i edited it just like the others to fix it this it for right now i wont be releasing another beta for around a month so enjoy this fixed version i tested it and it should work enjoy. from the creator of zap yellow beta 1.5

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    Well ill check it out,but dod we have to get rid of our saves?

i spotted a problem with 1.5 so i uploaded a new 1.5 at 12:51 take it now the first 1.5 was defective and you should probably restart your save but dont worry this my last beta for a month dude

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    whats to come on ZAP yellow

well ive learned a little more on scripting so thats good i changed the starter events now bulbasaur is a wild battle script still in the same place. you get charmander after a trainer battle with its original owner and squirtle is given by a cop. and now i have actual jessie and james sprites im still not sure how to make a gym leader script with a pikachu emotion where the script doesn't glitch after the gym battle when you talk again. Brock and misty will be re encountered through out the game and will support you at other gyms and occasionally battle you again i will add a new Pokemon league instead of the elite four there will be seven league finalists including gary rival as number eight dont worry i will put a healer in the half point so when you beat four members you can heal your pokemon to full health. and then place the elite four hidden in the sevii islands and navel rock will be accessible on seven island and the mew event should be fixed at cinnabar mansion.some of the gym leaders will have their original set of Pokemon from the show and the misty sprite is changed. plus i will finish the girl character with pikachu as well so the game is friendly for every one.also over half the trainers in the game have higher level pokemon i added this to make the game more challenging but the good part is you gain more experience than usual so you can level up faster. sound good im a beginner at scripting stuff so my game will not be perfect for awhile and anyway a hack rom isn't meant to be perfect just good enough to play and enjoy its not like we can sell our game to a high game company like Nintendo so im sorry if my game is a little glitchy but once again im a beginner please support this hack.thank you

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back