• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#Pokemon20: What are YOU GUYS doing to celebrate?

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Yesterday was a great day. This shirt came in the mail :pink_boogie:, and we got a bunch of exciting announcements! :chu:

So, what's everyone planning on doing, or currently doing, to celebrate 20 years of adventures with one of gaming's most beloved series? :pink_love:

Will you be picking up the commemorative 3DS bundle? Or will you simply download RBY on the Virtual Console? Or perhaps you don't care so much about the older games? Come on, Pokémon Z announcement! (It's pretty much guaranteed Game Freak won't throw us another curve ball and make X 2 and Y 2 with the anime's subtitle revealed as XYZ.)

Will you be picking up any packs or Mythical Pokémon collections from the new Generations Expansion? How do you feel about those pins of rather high quality they've been releasing inside certain TCG products?

Are you planning on rewatching the earlier Pokémon movies in glorious high definition? Or any other movies or portions of the anime?

Maybe you'll show your love by picking up some sweet merch? It doesn't even have to be 20th anniversary branded to celebrate, you know? :pink_smile:

Last but not least, how's your collection of Pokémon games looking right now? Will you go on a collectathon to try and buy 'em all? Or maybe you have them all but haven't checked out the spin-offs? (I highly recommend Conquest!) Perhaps you'll just replay your favourites!

Personally, I felt a little oversaturated and burnt out on Pokémon games a few years ago, but have since returned feeling ready to throw my hours into questing again! I'm looking forward to reaching the revamped Kanto in Soul Silver, and maybe replaying Black or White before I aim to finish Black 2 or White 2 for the first time! I say either because I have yet to buy White 2, and am eager to find it out in the wild!

I also have yet to play ORAS, which I need to get on, because I hear it's a bloody fantastic remake!

Other than that, I totally want an Intern Pikachu... So funny! I wouldn't be opposed to picking up other merch here and there that I find, if it's awesome enough. The big thing I'm after is this, to celebrate RBY and to motivate me to keep on truckin' on my celebratory write up, which is really time-consuming and frustrating at times.

And of course, I'm looking forward to playing the first Pokémon games on my 3DS! :pink_love:

So, again, what'll you guys be up to?

Also, Happy Anniversary to all my Trainer comrades, and everyone else who loves Pokémon! Train on~!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Just rewatching the anime from the beginning at the moment, although I'll wind up buying Red, Blue and Yellow across my 3DSes and probably playing all three over the course of the year. Plus I'm getting those sexy retro N3DS faceplates, just because. I am NOT buying a commemorative 2DS; there are already four 3DS in this house as it is.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Still continuing my personal-invented Ultimate Rodent Solo Challenge where you have to Solo complete each gen with a rodent Pokemon (Raticate for Gen 1, Furret for Gen 2 etc.), although I plan to take a break after I finish my Silver Furret one since I got some personal work to do but I'll definitely continue it soon.

I'm probably buying one TCG deck too, which is released for the 20th anniversary.

There's some more, but the above are the main ones I can think of.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
    Oh boy, I'm looking to do lots of things! ^^

Like last year, I'm gonna continue revisiting the old Pokémon games, movies, and memories I've seen and had over the past several years, as well as buying tons of new merch like posters, shirts, and plushies :) In addition, completing my first playthrough of Y version, and getting on the various miscellaneous stuff I've yet to do in AS (getting all the Master Rank contests, finding the TMs and other items I've missed, catching the remaining legendaries, going through areas I haven't been through yet like Meteor Falls and the S.S. Tidal, completing the Pokédex, shiny hunting, raising/training more Pokémon, etc.), and also looking forward to Z version's announcement and release this year, if it happens :P

I may also perhaps go back to older games and replay them, although obviously after buying new copies so I don't have to delete my old save files :P I'm also planning on starting an Emerald randomized playthrough, which I'm excited for ^^ And also, I'm gonna continue playing spinoff games I've been frequently playing lately (the Game Boy TCG game, Picross, Battle Trozei, Shuffle, Pinball Ruby & Sapphire, Super Mystery Dungeon), and maybe exploring brand new ones I've never played (Colosseum, PokéPark), or going back to ones I haven't picked up in a long time (original Trozei, older MD games, Ranger)

I'm super excited for the first couple months of this year! In a few weeks I'm gonna go to Pittsburgh to see the Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions concert for a second time, and of course, in February I'm gonna get Red on my 3DS. I'm super excited cause I'll be able to finally play a game from the series' beginning- no better way to celebrate the series' 20th anniversary :) Not to mention the monthly mythical events over the year! I'm excited :3 I also plan to start watching the anime from the beginning on that day (I have the whole Indigo League arc on DVD ^^) In addition, I'm working on catching up with the current series episodes (the Japanese version actually, I find it to be really good :))

Other than looking into getting the base set TCG re-release, and spending lots of more time on here in my first full year of being a PC member, that's all the stuff I can think of now :P Happy #Pokemon20, everyone! Make the most of every opportunity this year to celebrate the series that has a special place in our hearts, and may your year be filled with more wonderful Pokémon memories! ^^

Last edited:

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I may be working on that day but I know for a fact that lots of people will be swarming the Pokémon Center store. Pretty much everyone will spend hundreds of dollars on merchandise of their choice. I hope I get out of this by the end of my shift in one piece lol. I'm planning on cosplaying as a Pokémon character. I'm still deciding on who to cosplay as.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    I may be working on that day but I know for a fact that lots of people will be swarming the Pokémon Center store. Pretty much everyone will spend hundreds of dollars on merchandise of their choice. I hope I get out of this by the end of my shift in one piece lol. I'm planning on cosplaying as a Pokémon character. I'm still deciding on who to cosplay as.

Do you work at the Pokémon Center store in Japan? {D:} (So awesome if you do)

I plan to replay through my games - try and SR myself a shiny starter for one of them aswell to celebrate it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I hope that they make "Trainer On" a new slogan since they phased out "Gotta Catch 'Em All" a while ago, I like the sound of it.

I have some plans for this year as far as celebrating Pokémon's 20th - I'm going to be getting the New 3DS Red/Blue bundle on release date, and I'm going to make plans to go to the Pokémon World Championship in San Francisco this August with some friends if possible. Other than that, just playing the games throughout the year as I always do!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
    Not a lot of re-watching/playing/reading for me. Within the last year I've finally been able to catch up on the anime and all it's side things and movies, and play through all the games. Only need to fnish OR/AS and Black 2 now. I'll be happy to be caught up :P Same with Pokespe <3

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I'm gonna start to finish the Ultimate Monotype Challenge. All types, all regions. That's almost a little more than 100 challenges.

ALSO POKEMON Z OMG

Raburesu

Technology is incredible!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    In a few weeks I'm gonna go to Pittsburgh to see the Pokémon Symphonic Evolutions concert for a second time

I totally forgot about this! That's so cool! Is anyone else lucky enough to be going? :pink_love: (I'm not! ;_; )

Base Set won't be re-released, it was false news, Polygon somehow mistranslated this japanese announcement and other gaming sites cited their incorrect article without checking the original source first, this was good example of bad journalism. https://www.pokebeach.com/2015/12/bre...f-random-cards

Thanks for enlightening me, Mewtwolover! Here's the actual description for the Generations Expansion, everyone:

Celebrate 20 years of Pokémon with the Pokémon TCG: Generations expansion, covering every stage of a Trainer's journey, from the choice of a first partner Pokémon to the most Elite of Trainer battles. Featuring Pikachu, Snorlax, Ninetales-EX, and Jolteon-EX, plus Mega Charizard-EX, Mega Blastoise-EX, and Mega Venusaur-EX, the Generations expansion is a power to be reckoned with! Train On.

The Pokémon TCG: Generations expansion includes: over 110 cards, the second Radiant Collection (a 32-card subset with unique art), and 16 Pokémon-EX (including 4 Mega Evolution Pokémon).

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I will probably be watching whatever the Super Bowl 50/Super Bowl L Pokemon commercial is (so stoked to see one of my favorite childhood media franchises actually get Super Bowl commercial air-time! ^^).

I will probably revisit Pokemon Emerald (I haven't played it in months, surprisingly) and might do a Hoenn Battle Frontier challenge (only to lose for the umpteenth time -.- ...although at least I have all of the Silver Symbols and the Gold Symbol from the Battle Dome, so there is that..) There's not much for me to do in Pokemon Emerald anymore (as the Hoenn Battle Frontier is...troublesome ;-;.., the internal clock battery for Pokemon Emerald has been drained/depleted completely of energy (hindering a lot of activities), and I haven't progressed to any post-Generation 3 game yet) other than to research the eccentricities of the game, so I will probably research into more aspects of Hoenn (if I have time) for encyclopedic purposes and pursuits on Bulbapedia; so much Hoenn information is untapped!

I might get the Virtual Console release of Pokemon Red for the Nintendo 3DS...someday.. Otherwise, I'll be reading comments about other people's experiences with the Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow re-releases, awaiting content for Pokken Tournament and Pokemon GO, and daydreaming about the Pokemon World in general...

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I plan to get the virtual console versions of at least one or two of the older games, or the bundle if that's how it comes, I haven't looked yet. It's fair to say that I haven't played the original games practically since they first released, so I think it will be fun to play them on a more visible screen in my down time. If I can manage. Graphics have come so far since then. Also no running shoes. I can't believe it's been twenty years..

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I won't be doing anything for celebration at all, to be frank, but I have to say that it's amazing to see the series last all these years; Pokémon seems to be as popular as ever. Here's to many more!

Reactions: Sun

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Despite the fact that I began from Gen I games, I just can't seem to connect with the said classic games anymore. The lack of modern features, the inconvenience in several stuff really puts this impatient off. Having said that, I'm here to congratulate the franchise and classic games' 20th Anniversary!

As for celebrating, so far I haven't thought of any ways to celebrate RG's 20 Anni, I might replay Gen V/Gen VI and using Kanto Pokemon as a way to pay my tribute? But hmm, it's just a thought.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Thanks to that video, I checked out the Pokemon Centre store and started browsing the merch. Whilst they don't ship to Europe, I will look elsewhere to order one of those Chesnaught Poke Dolls as a gift to myself for the anniversary :P

Back