• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: PokemonMasterQuest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Still showing screenies with the tiles. Still nice to be credited (both me and Reck) for those tiles, UNTIL you update those screenies with the new tiles.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5071476&postcount=2

it's still full of bugs!
    no offense but did you actually test it first!?
    whitney's overworld is messed up, you walk through trees with your dad, the pokemon in your dads house move left and right while only facing forward, there are houses with no doors that you can't get into, the creepy witch talks about a magnet train, you walk on top of your bed, the clock doesn't work, and i think i saw those exact same indoor tiles in another hack...

edit: still full of tile errors in the water and houses

I couldn't get an better overworld sprite for whitney
    I petty sure you don't walk through the tess
    It's not your dad's house It's the dad care house
    And why can't pokemon move left or fight while facing forward
    because they are locked
    well thats because she is creepy
    I believ it is possible to walk on your bed
    I don't like clock's
    Yes you did see those in another hack Pokemon Sega the creator of that hack doesn't know who made the tiltes so I don't know who to give cridit to

I think altariaking's last post sums up the reason why...

and what does that have to do with the story...THE MOST IMPORANT PART OF AN HACK

Wow
    u have inserted OWS
    And sprites
    Well i [played it
    and every team rocket says TEAM ROCKET
    You could be alittle bit more creative
    Have them say more

FAIL
    as in
    No PC and SHOP at Goldenrod
    Which i am still at after the 50th team rocket battle >.<

did you talk to GOLD

"The Team Rocket grunts don't say much they just stand around"
    I wonder why that is?

There are shops in goldenrod and a PC
    and next beta there will be less Team Rocket grunts

more bugs.
    darkrai now turns invisible while you battle it and it knows moves it shouldn't know.
    also, you have to credit whoever made the overworlds and tiles, otherwise it's stealing.

DARKRIA can learn those moves look it up on serebii, and going insisble is better than a green box

Still showing screenies with the tiles. Still nice to be credited (both me and Reck) for those tiles, UNTIL you update those screenies with the new tiles.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=5071476&postcount=2

Yech, they are your titles Sorry I didn't know when I found them
    Thanks for making them

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • you've nearly finished the darkrai saga but it only bout 2 events are you going to add more? also with it ot being in order it is kinda confusing as they take place in diff region wit diff characters also what part of the anime are you including because i bet that will make it more confusing

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • first of all, that isn't a whitney overworld, it's a blur, it depends where you walk, i don't care, it looks ridiculous, still shouldn't be able to walk on top, so are you, actually it's called bad inserting, i don't like you, ok.
    story is not important if everything else is ****, darkrai can't use quick attack and he keeps going invisible because you didn't add another frame, there are still tile errors, cristal walks through you and is a boy when she walks, and you never made those overworlds, thief.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • krillian every hack has room for improvement even yours
    1.like posted above ^^^ the story isnt he most important thing in a hack
    2.Improve your mapping
    3.dont claim stuff as yours
    4.Improve you scripting
    5.check for bug before a release, small bugs are ok but yours it not a manga hack its a bug hack.
    6.2 frames are needed for darkrai
    7.there no whitney ow its THE BLOB!!!! AHHH RUN!
    8.also the hack starts off very confusing not telling what to do
    9. dont be lazy make rooms for the house that are "locked" even tho they have no door
    10. Thats not all of them but im tired and im having trouble spelling confusing I keep putting confusuing :D

EDIT: oh tile errors loads of them also screenshot 17 its showing an underwater animation change this on A-map and screenshot 18 gold should say "I lost" not "I lose"

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • A Rocket executive named Aqua Admin Grunt1...?

I see a LOT of typos and grammar issues in your screenshots, a couple tile errors, and you should probably get someone to touch up your revamped GSC trainer sprites.

I also just noticed: the truck's palette is WEIRD, and you spelled crystal wrong in every occurence of the word, plus you wrote sliver instead of silver. You should really check your screenshots for typos.

Last edited by a moderator:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Alright, first things first, you got tile errors. I just played the beta, and boy, there is alot. Secondly, I had a Mudkip that can attack Darkrai with Tackle... You should change the type of Darkrai. You can script, which is good, but it's just that when a person leaves the room, they go through the door instead of out. There is alo grammar mistakes =\... You need to fix a lot of things... Anyways, good luck on finishing this hack.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
  • Secondly, I had a Mudkip that can attack Darkrai with Tackle... You should change the type of Darkrai.

Last I checked, Darkrai was a pure Dark type. :/

Anyway, the things that really jump out at me are the tile errors and grammatical mistakes. The story so far is alright, but having never read the manga I'm almost confused.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Last I checked, Darkrai was a pure Dark type. :/

Anyway, the things that really jump out at me are the tile errors and grammatical mistakes. The story so far is alright, but having never read the manga I'm almost confused.
    Oh right. Forgot my types >.> Its just that Darkrai reminds me of a ghost, but you're right, but there are still a couple of other errors. Plus lvl. 14 is a lttle high, dont you think? I mean, My Mudkip was like, lvl. 7 <.<

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • and what does that have to do with the story...THE MOST IMPORANT PART OF AN HACK

Nothing, but nobody's going to play a hack that looks like a steaming pile of crap and has glitches and typos out the wazoo no matter how great the story allegedly is.

Making a good hack is something that shouldn't be rushed. Slow down and take the time to do things right. Don't half-ass it just so you can release betas quickly. And don't steal stuff and then try to pass it off as your own. That's all I and everyone else is saying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    I am sorry, but this hack is horrible and needs much work. Some of the things that need much work:
    Spelling, punctuation, capitalization etc.
    When talking to people, they keep talking until you walk away from them, and even then, there is still a text box on-screen
    Story line is not easy to understand, and needs much work. NOT INTERESTING
    Maps need more variety, and houses need to be enterable
    When you use exclamation marks, use only 1 of them. It bugs when people put things like "NO!!!!!!!!!!"

SOOOO much more but i don't want to get into it.

Making a hack should be something you do if you know what you are doing, not just to do in a hurry and throw out downloads to them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    you've nearly finished the darkrai saga but it only bout 2 events are you going to add more? also with it ot being in order it is kinda confusing as they take place in diff region wit diff characters also what part of the anime are you including because i bet that will make it more confusing

The Darkria sega, is one of the small sega's I am planing to have a minium of 40 sega's one for each legendary. There will be 2 more events in the next beta

1. a lots of event's to help the audince understrand the story
    2. a book of mystrey's which is a book where you can find out about the mystery and if you hav sloved them or not like in Professor laton (spelt incorrectly)
    3. Chapter 1, 2, 3 the Darkria Sega will have the first 2 chapters

Yes the regions are not in order it goes kanto, johto, kanto, Sevi ilsands, kanto, ornage islands, johto

and there will be a buch of new charcters when you get to a new/old region

and the ainme events will not start until pallet town where you will obtain a Pickahu from Profeesor Oak

first of all, that isn't a whitney overworld, it's a blur, it depends where you walk, i don't care, it looks ridiculous, still shouldn't be able to walk on top, so are you, actually it's called bad inserting, i don't like you, ok.
    story is not important if everything else is ****, darkrai can't use quick attack and he keeps going invisible because you didn't add another frame, there are still tile errors, cristal walks through you and is a boy when she walks, and you never made those overworlds, thief.

a blur is better than a defult emerald thing, and you don't have to like as long as you know it is whintney darkrai can use quick attack, If i add another frame it will crash because it is to big, where are teh tile errors, I need to get/make walking crystal sprites yes gamefreck and I made the overworlds don't call me a thief without porff this isn't war

krillian every hack has room for improvement even yours
    1.like posted above ^^^ the story isnt he most important thing in a hack
    2.Improve your mapping
    3.dont claim stuff as yours
    4.Improve you scripting
    5.check for bug before a release, small bugs are ok but yours it not a manga hack its a bug hack.
    6.2 frames are needed for darkrai
    7.there no whitney ow its THE BLOB!!!! AHHH RUN!
    8.also the hack starts off very confusing not telling what to do
    9. dont be lazy make rooms for the house that are "locked" even tho they have no door
    10. Thats not all of them but im tired and im having trouble spelling confusing I keep putting confusuing :D

EDIT: oh tile errors loads of them also screenshot 17 its showing an underwater animation change this on A-map and screenshot 18 gold should say "I lost" not "I lose"

what is so bad about the maps the are almost exallty the same as in HS/SS gold and sliver I belive you all can tell if it is gamefeack or not I made the rest of them, What script need improving please tell me, fixed all the bugs, can't get 2 frames for darkria, blob is better than nothing, there will be an event that will start of the stroy, whats the ponit in having rooms...They have notinh to do with anything.

I am sorry, but this hack is horrible and needs much work. Some of the things that need much work:
    Spelling, punctuation, capitalization etc.
    When talking to people, they keep talking until you walk away from them, and even then, there is still a text box on-screen
    Story line is not easy to understand, and needs much work. NOT INTERESTING
    Maps need more variety, and houses need to be enterable
    When you use exclamation marks, use only 1 of them. It bugs when people put things like "NO!!!!!!!!!!"

SOOOO much more but i don't want to get into it.

Making a hack should be something you do if you know what you are doing, not just to do in a hurry and throw out downloads to them.

I will try to us eone exaclmation mark ! stroy will be saier to understand next beta, it not easy making a esay to understnad mystery story, and please tell me the rest of the things that need to be improved

Nothing, but nobody's going to play a hack that looks like a steaming pile of crap and has glitches and typos out the wazoo no matter how great the story allegedly is.

Making a good hack is something that shouldn't be rushed. Slow down and take the time to do things right. Don't half-ass it just so you can release betas quickly. And don't steal stuff and then try to pass it off as your own. That's all I and everyone else is saying.

So, you would ratter wait a mouth before a beta is released, than wait a week for a beta, WHAT DID I STEAL!!!!

Oh right. Forgot my types >.> Its just that Darkrai reminds me of a ghost, but you're right, but there are still a couple of other errors. Plus lvl. 14 is a lttle high, dont you think? I mean, My Mudkip was like, lvl. 7 <.<

The level is fine It just a challage. If you can't win you then go and help Gold, if you have done that then i will lower it

Last I checked, Darkrai was a pure Dark type. :/

you should read the manga but, the manga stuff will not begin until rounte 1 where you find RED, where are the tilte errors why can't i find them

Alright, first things first, you got tile errors. I just played the beta, and boy, there is alot. Secondly, I had a Mudkip that can attack Darkrai with Tackle... You should change the type of Darkrai. You can script, which is good, but it's just that when a person leaves the room, they go through the door instead of out. There is alo grammar mistakes =\... You need to fix a lot of things... Anyways, good luck on finishing this hack.

what else do i need to fixed that havn't been metioned

I also just noticed: the truck's palette is WEIRD, and you spelled crystal wrong in every occurence of the word, plus you wrote sliver instead of silver. You should really check your screenshots for typos.

truck is gone for the next beta, yech i am not the best with english

A Rocket executive named Aqua Admin Grunt1...?

I see a LOT of typos and grammar issues in your screenshots, a couple tile errors, and you should probably get someone to touch up your revamped GSC trainer sprites.

yech, I need to know how to change team Aqua to team rocket

alright juding by the commrnts these are the things i need to do to make it awesome!

easier story - done
    less title errors
    better grammer and spelling
    rooms that are not locked

what else do i need to add

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • here are a few things you need to do.

stop being so rude. everybody is saying these things to help with your hack.

don't rush it.
    honestly, it really seems rushed.

you can insert another darkrai frame.

you should ask someone to make overworlds, or check in pixel art section.

aqua grunt can easily be changed with a hex editor.

stop...making...the...dad...talk...like...this...
    it...is...very...annoying...

that's all i have left to say for now, and i hope you improve :)

LassLaura

Pikachu Ga Gotoku
    Years
  • So, you would ratter wait a mouth before a beta is released, than wait a week for a beta, WHAT DID I STEAL!!!!

Yes, I would "rather" wait a "month" for a more refined beta than get hastily thrown together messes every week. And according to altariaking, something about overworlds.

Sometimes I wonder if this is a troll hack designed badly on purpose to make us all rage, because that seems to be the effect it's having.

And for the love of Poke-God, slow down when you type. I suspect it's not your English that's bad, it's that you type too fast when you get flustered. The reply box does have spell check, you should use it.

Years
  • Hi, I've never read the manga so i can't comment on whether the confusing story line of this game is faithful. Anyway i had a huge list of things i don't get in this game but i accidentally pressed refresh and lost it all. I'll try and remember everything

1) Before you battle Leader Misty, a disembodied voice asks if you've got their parcel.
    2) The team aqua grunts all shout TEAM ROCKET before battles
    3) The level 16 spearow that battles you is a seedot.
    4) Text stays on screen after you've finished talking to someone e.g https://yfrog.com/2gmasterquest2p
    5) "Red" "Catching" the Ralts is so confusing. Why is he wally? Why does he use your pokemon? Why does he make the ralts faint?
    6) To get through to the area where Gold is opening a door, you have to walk to the door into that area and then walk away from it to go through.
    7) You teleport through the door leading into goldenrod (from the North)
    8) So many typos. You say the story is the most important thing but what good is a story if you don't understand what the characters are trying to say? e.g
    9) Professor Oak's lab. I didn't download a bad rom did i? I can't get out of it. https://yfrog.com/j5masterquest3p
    10) If you white out and haven't been to a pokemon centre you wake up in your room, packed with moving sprites of your character
    11) Your running shoes don't work north of viridian or in Goldenrod. Probably other places too.
    12) Speaking Rocket grunt 2 from behind freezes the game. Why can you even get there?
    13) Who is the random sprite in the grass that says "Hi" after you get off the magnet train?

As I said this is a smaller version of the errors i found but i don't really want to go back through the game again.
    Potential is almost there though, well done i guess

Last edited:

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • hey man ill help you with mapping, there are a few errors with grammar i suggest Advanced text if you can get it to work, but the story is pretty good

Years
  • Okay, we've had a report in that these overworlds have been stolen from Pokémon Johto Adventures. I have checked and they are indeed from that hack. People also say that you have some overworlds from one of the Pokemon Saga hacks, but I have yet to check. Could you please remove the overworlds from your hack, or else I'll have to unleash the theft infraction stick on you. You've got twenty-four hours.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!

I have improved the grachics and stuff with johto tress and Kanto tress
    also the hack won't just be about defecting pokemon, you will have to use your brain because I have added puzzles as well as a new feature which is being able to push bolders into the water and walk over them. Stuff like this will be used in the next beta

NEW SCREENSHOTS
    PokemonMasterQuestPokemonMasterQuestPokemonMasterQuestPokemonMasterQuest

new gold sprite
    PokemonMasterQuest

Sad note
    The name PokemonMasterQuest has been taken
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=117111
    why didn't any one tell me this

So, when I release this new beta I will be having a new thread under a different name

So I will colsed it for know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Okay, we've had a report in that these overworlds have been stolen from Pokémon Johto Adventures. I have checked and they are indeed from that hack. People also say that you have some overworlds from one of the Pokemon Saga hacks, but I have yet to check. Could you please remove the overworlds from your hack, or else I'll have to unleash the theft infraction stick on you. You've got twenty-four hours.

I'm closing the therad. and they are removed they were gone a few days before you posted

hey man ill help you with mapping, there are a few errors with grammar i suggest Advanced text if you can get it to work, but the story is pretty good

Na, apperently a hack has to be 100% yours

Hi, I've never read the manga so i can't comment on whether the confusing story line of this game is faithful. Anyway i had a huge list of things i don't get in this game but i accidentally pressed refresh and lost it all. I'll try and remember everything

1) Before you battle Leader Misty, a disembodied voice asks if you've got their parcel.
    4) Text stays on screen after you've finished talking to someone e.g https://yfrog.com/2gmasterquest2p
    5) "Red" "Catching" the Ralts is so confusing. Why is he wally? Why does he use your pokemon? Why does he make the ralts faint?
    6) To get through to the area where Gold is opening a door, you have to walk to the door into that area and then walk away from it to go through.
    8) So many typos. You say the story is the most important thing but what good is a story if you don't understand what the characters are trying to say? e.g
    9) Professor Oak's lab. I didn't download a bad rom did i? I can't get out of it. https://yfrog.com/j5masterquest3p
    10) If you white out and haven't been to a pokemon centre you wake up in your room, packed with moving sprites of your character
    11) Your running shoes don't work north of viridian or in Goldenrod. Probably other places too.
    12) Speaking Rocket grunt 2 from behind freezes the game. Why can you even get there?
    13) Who is the random sprite in the grass that says "Hi" after you get off the magnet train?

As I said this is a smaller version of the errors i found but i don't really want to go back through the game again.
    Potential is almost there though, well done i guess

The manga stuff doesn't start until Route 1

- FIXED
    - Don't know how to fix
    - FIXED
    - FIXED
    - don't know how to fix
    - fixed
    - fixed
    - not fixed
    - that's my flaut, sorry you can fix it by using A-map and putting on a fesh lab place
    - Fixed (that was really hard to do)
    - don't know how to fix
    - fixed
    - fixed
    and that guy is in the entreure to victory road

Yes, I would "rather" wait a "month" for a more refined beta than get hastily thrown together messes every week. And according to altariaking, something about overworlds.

Sometimes I wonder if this is a troll hack designed badly on purpose to make us all rage, because that seems to be the effect it's having.

And for the love of Poke-God, slow down when you type. I suspect it's not your English that's bad, it's that you type too fast when you get flustered. The reply box does have spell check, you should use it.
    where does it have spell check?
    I am actually a really slow typer

seriously your ignoring everyones critisism to help you with some silly excuse
    why is 'fixed' counted as silly

here are a few things you need to do.

don't rush it.

that's all i have left to say for now, and i hope you improve :)[/QUOTE

how am i being rude

don't rush it.
    yech, I have rushed some bits

I did it,

I am maing my own overworlds

What a hex editor and how

But he is dying

that's all i have left to say for now, and i hope you improve
    Same I hope i improve to

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back