• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokEngine DS

Dr.Razor

Yellow Remaker
Years
  • Hi,
    I've working for a couple week on a pokemon engine for DS. I'm planning to make everything open source, with a map editor and a script editor.
    I've created a little exemple( with kymotonian graphics:https://kymotonian.deviantart.com/ ). It's like a R/S/E remake

Features:
    • 16x16 Tile engine / colisions
    • Scripts ( npc, warp)
    • map Layer / sprit priority
    • map data on extern file
    In progress:
    • 5th gen pokemon data
    • Pokedex
    • Battle systeme ( port of Shoddy Battle) : (I'm working this part very hard ;))
    How to play:

-Press A to talk to a npc and B to close the dialog box =)

The game works on emulators but not on my ez-flash Vi , can you tell me if it works on your flashcard ? Thanks

Download link:
    Download

Screenshot:
    PokEngine DS
    PokEngine DS
    PokEngine DS

If you have any advice in pokemon engine programming, go ahead please =)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    This isn't an RPG maker project, is it?

I didn't think they could go into Flash-Cards?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Looks good so far. I don't know about DS programming (gonna try it) but I can give you a few general tips...

• Use the information that's already out there. There probably isn't a lot on Pokemon D/P/Pt/HG/SS's engine, but you can go looking.
    • Use everything you can use. Be creative with this. Whatever tools there are/whatever knowledge there use, use it! Don't be afraid! :)
    • Be careful now! I think you're messing with a gray line right now. On one hand this isn't a hack. On the other hand, you're giving out roms...
    BTW are you experienced with C or C++

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    It's pure libnds programming. You can play it with a DS emulator or on flashcards: it's a nds file.

Oh, that's cool.
    I'm not good with this programming stuff, so I was pretty much, unaware.

A little criticism I have is, the font you have chosen, It honestly doesn't look good for where it is.
    It would be better if you stuck with the usual Pokémon fonts.

Good luck with this anyway!

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2012
    The game works on emulators but not on my ez-flash Vi , can you tell me if it works on your flashcard ? Thanks

I can confirm it works on my Flash card, looks great; might I add?

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • This looks promising. Even though I use RMXP I still really want to make a Pokémon game for DS.

Also, If you want to put it on a flashcart, there are often translator softwares that come with the product. I suggest If you haven't got one that you look for the appropriate one on the internet. (That matches yours)

Years
  • This looks really nice mate. I think this has potential to do really well, keep it up.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that this doesn't work on my R4 SDHC. I think I know why it's not working on flash cards at the moment. I think you have to patch it with something before it'll work on any flash card.

Last edited:
    Back