• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen PokeRus - Beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Ok, so I got pokemon Heart Gold on thursday..... 3 days ago when it first came out in New Zealand. Yesterday i arrived in Eckruteak and found that my pokemon had the PokeRus - i thought myself lucky.

Oops my bad, got the evolution level wrong.

I've put this thread up for all thoes who have got the PokeRus in HGSS and also for its discussion.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Uh, Pokerus doesnt stop your pokemon from evolving >>, One of the first things I did was trade over pokerus into my save file from my diamond xD.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    oops my bad, got its evolving level mixed up, damn, i feel bad for posting that. i count myself lucky tho, the rate for getting the virus is lower than a shiny and i have yet to se a single shiny.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    according to Bulbapedia:

"When it was introduced, the Pokérus had a 3 in 65,536 chance to be on a wild Pokémon. Through battling or capturing this wild Pokémon, players could get this helpful virus onto their own Pokémon, and subsequently spread it around. Due to the overwhelmingly low chance of encountering the virus (about 1/3 of the chance to encounter a shiny Pokémon), and the fact that most would not even recognize a Pokémon with the virus and therefore flee from it, however, most players would never have a Pokémon with the virus."

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Haha, I got the virus while training for the elite 4. My main team has it and it's now being preserved by a mew in my pc's legendary box. Though I didn't know it was rarer than seeing a shiny...I'm still wishing for that to happen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    pokerus helps in Ev' training. all my pokemon are cured though. lol.

i got it once from a wild budew in my pearl version.

Charmander__

Pwning n00bs since 1997
    Years
    Is the Red Gyarados a Shiny??? Cuz it always shines when it comes out of the Pokeball..... Anyway, I haven't had a single Pokemon with the PokeRus yet.... :/

Charmander__

Pwning n00bs since 1997
    Years
    Yes, it is. But, you get it as a shiny in any version of HGSS. I'm still trying to get Pokerus, I've gotten it on the GTS a few times, thought I've never had it myself without a cheating device.
    OOOOOOHHHH, Okay, just makin' sure. :3 What does PokeRus even do to your Pokemon???

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Those stats make me feel even luckier as I've had the 'rus on TWO games without trading between them! ^o^ I must be lucky!

When I find my Diamond (currently, unfortunately, lost) I'm transferring a Lv. 1, completely untouched Sneasel over for some serious EV training. :D

Years
    I have Pokérus but I got it via a trade on GameFAQs, never encountered it naturally. It's useful for EV training, not really much else to add.

I just wish there was a human equivalent of the disease irl. Would make uni work easier. <.<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back