• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokerus Luck

Years
    The first time i played Emerald...i caught a Magikarp with Pokerus.
    put it in my box. Hell yes! The reason i had Lvl. 100 Swampert.
    After i defeated the first gym in Pearl, i quickly passed on my Magikarp then into the Box.
    Yay! My Chimchar got PKRS'd!
    After two days though, i saw another Magikarp that is shiny with PKRS in Pearl. WTF SUPER LUCKY. *This is true*

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    I always used to get Pokerus in GEN II and III but never really payed attention to it until now since It helps so much in EV Training!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Am I like, the only person who doesn't like having Pokerus? ): I've always gotten it since RSE though. In Ruby I remember my starter got it. So I just placed it in a box. ;-; My Abra got it in my Diamond, for spreading purposes I just stuck Abra with a load of filler Pokemon in one box and let it spread. Although I never liked it, it was in high demand. :3 Black and White idr who got it. I think it was traded to me. HG/SS was my worst for Pokerus, almost all of my Pokemon had it. >:C

Zaicon

Gameplay Expert
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2019
    One of my Pokemon in Emerald caught PokeRus. I'm not a competitive battler, and I had no real use for it, so I let it expire.

Oh, and I've never even seen a Shiny Pokemon yet.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
    I got it off the 4 Gym on Emerald lol I lost against the leader so healed my pokemon retried, beat him and got PKRUS lol

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Seem to be lucky with it as well. First got it on Emerald one night. Then again in Diamond and then Platinum, then Soul Silver, AND NOW BLACK!!!

Seems to be something that just has to happen now.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    Got it in Ruby on a random Luvdisc fishing by Evergrande (I think, well around there). Bloody super powered Luvdisc! Nearly knocked out my whole team! So I went to the Pokécenter - my whole team that were infected! Even the Igglybuff egg! :D

Also, I once 'trained' a Gengar on Blue (my trained I mean gave it like 70 rare candies, just cos I could, thanks Missingo!). When I traded it to Crystal, it had Pokérus! (I'm unsure if it always had it or whether it could of picked it up in a battle before the first time I healed it ((which makes sense))), in Mt. Silver. (actually remember where I healed it and it was 10 years ago!)

My friends were a bit creeped out by that, actually! We wondered if the glitch experimentation in Blue had caused it, though us young glitch scientists were unable to prove it through out Blue trades. *sigh*

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2012
    I actually didn't realise one of my pokemon got pokerus on my soulsilver, until i started EV training....so yeah, i didn't have to really strive to get it :p

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
    Years
    I just got Pokerus for my first time ever without trading today. I've only ever had it on Diamond beforehand, but it was traded to me so it doesn't count...

I was just training with the Lucky Egg, against Audinos down by... Uhh, the city with the 8th gym. I sure was surprised when I saw the PKRS logo in my Jellicent's summary... :D

It's funny 'cause just today I was thinking of trying to get into competitive battling. This'll help quite a bit, I think.

I'm pretty unlucky when it comes to this stuff... I've only ever had one random shiny before, as well. A Shiny Fearow on Heartgold. I still have it too, even though I never use it, and I don't really like Fearows. :P

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    On my Ruby version, when I was level grinding (doing a Shadow Pokemon event), I went to Pokecenter and Nurse Joy told me that my Pokemon is infected by a Pokerus. I didn't even realize that I got a Pokerus (My first Pokemon that got a Pokerus was Nuzleaf).

I was really lucky, because I wasn't expecting my Pokemon to get a Pokerus.

Years
    Am I like, the only person who doesn't like having Pokerus? ): I've always gotten it since RSE though. In Ruby I remember my starter got it. So I just placed it in a box. ;-; My Abra got it in my Diamond, for spreading purposes I just stuck Abra with a load of filler Pokemon in one box and let it spread. Although I never liked it, it was in high demand. :3 Black and White idr who got it. I think it was traded to me. HG/SS was my worst for Pokerus, almost all of my Pokemon had it. >:C

If you don't care, catch some Bidoofs or Starlys or whatever, give them Pokerus, and trade them to people. You can get real-life money that way, or at least some cool in-game Pokemon by trading. I don't feel the need for it either, but it goes away in a few days.

None of my Pokemon have ever caught it, although one of my friends gave me a Gardevoir years ago who had it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2013
    I've only ever had it once and that was is my H/G. Forgot how I did get it but I check randomly to see the PokeRus indicator on my Typhlosion, I got it to lvl 100, infected Feraligator and did same thing. I waited until it expired and traded to B/W and know I own =D

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I seem to be relatively lucky with Pokerus. I can remember getting it three times. The first was in Ruby but I'm not sure if it counts since I lost the cartridge and every pokemon on it several years ago. The second was in a rom hack called Prism and to be precise, it was when I was playing the second beta. The strain I had on that one was hardly worth anything since it was a dead end save anyways. My last encounter was in Pokemon Black on the day the game came out and this time, I was able to keep it permanently.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I got lucky and found Pokerus in SoulSilver, but I have never seen a Shiny in any game.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I found Pokerus legitimately for the first time a couple days ago in HG. I think the ingame Togepi hatched infected with it. XD

As a basis of comparison, later that day, I saw my second legitimate shiny ever. :o

Years
    I had it three or for times, and always when I didn't want it. Most of the times it was just useless to me, one time it was confusing because I didn't know the exact formula with which it works - I still don't, but don't really care anymore.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I caught Pokerus from a Tentacruel in SoulSilver. That made my day.

Back