• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokerus-Rare Pokemon Disease

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
  • I've had it two or three times on my emerald, but it stinks that your pkmn can only get it once. ><
    I have never in my life found a shiny (except when couldn't have pokeballs in crystal) in my life. __-

Years
  • Pokerus is a cool virus. I got dat my sum real luck. wen u got pokerus n mix that with a few drugs for your pokemon. Then your pokemon power is really maxed out per level. But also to get the virus try 2 spend da whole day battlin in the forest. Thats how i got mines.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • Since I'm a huge grinder in Pokemon games I tend to get Pokerus each time I run through 3rd and 4th gen.
    I don't think I've ever gotten PKRS on G/S/C though. I was too young and stupid.. and the game battery has dried up.. So I can't check it now. XD

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
  • i actually contracted the virus from a Graveler on the route rite under Blackthorncity in Johto on SoulSilver DS. i kno this cus i went to the pokecenter rite after and got the message from nurse. i got the Pkrs way before i even got my first shiny too. i really was very suprised to have gotten it pure luck

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Okay, so maybe I'm just lucky, but I get Pokérus like all the time? I mean, I always keep some infected pokémon in a box but during Diamond I got it 3 times naturally and I've had it twice on Platinum, both are during one play through. I've had it once on Soul Silver but I've only play just under 23 hours whereas I racked up way more than that on Diamond and Platinum.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • Pokerus does spread through your party as well I believe. But I guess it could be pure luck if you don't count the ones it spread through. I have a few that got in. Amazingly my shiny Meowth got it before I gave him away in a trade. =w= Then my Vaporeon got it and my new baby Cyndaquil.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • POKERUS

Has anyone gotten Pokerus through a newborn hatchling? I don't mean by contaminating it with another, but was born with it?

Years
  • I read somewhere that healing the pokemon at the pokemon center also cures the pokemon of it. So does that mean you have to use stuff like potions and ethers to avoid losing the status?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Healing at the Pokemon Center does not cause the Pokerus to wear off. It's programmed to wear off after a couple of real-time days. The only way to keep the Pokerus from wearing off is to store the Pokemon in your PC or, in Generation III games, to trade them over to FR/LG, Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
  • I got it right now.

A Ditto I traded over GTS to my HG cartridge have it. Afraid of the Ditto's origin (you know, GTS stuff are hacked "sometimes") I passed the Virus to a few of my pokemon and then released the Ditto. Saved them on the PC, and there they are, waiting for the next move. Never had it before, but heard about it.

By the way. The Pokerus doesn't desapear if the Pokemon infected (the one with pink banner on the "status" page) is at the PC when the DS clock hits midnight. If its not, the Virus benefits will still be active, but it won't spread it to other pokemons anymore.

As for spreading, I'm not sure, actually. I know that if the infected Poke is in your team, slowly the other members will be getting infected.

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
  • I just got it. Now all of my Pokémon have PkRS. Even my dear Magnezone.​

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • A few of my Pokemon have it, but they're in my PC for later use of it. Pokerus helps with EV training, which I do a lot in HG, but I guess I don't really use it much for some reason. Even though it makes the process faster, I still use ordinary EV training. :|

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I got Pokerus the first time through catching a Rattata. I had no idea what it was, so I asked around and saw it to be a positive thing. So I infected my entire party and stored it away to use more in the future. xD

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • One of my Pokemon had it on HeartGold I think it was. If not it was Sapphire. I never actually understood what was it was so I completely ignored it at the time.

Maj. Cor

With love, grace and strength.
    Years
  • I also know that Nurse Joy explains to you what it is when you take it to heal, since it happened to me. You can spread the virus once you use it to fight or having it in your party with other un-infected pokemon. It is also possible to hatch with a pokemon with the Pokerus status.

You cannot hatch Pokémon with PokéRUS unless the Egg has been infected with it. Yes, it IS possible to infect an Egg with Pokérus. Infecting an Egg with Pokérus is the same as infecting Pokémon with it.

And to what you said earlier about Pokérus setting your effort values back to 0, or the Pokémon not liking you anymore when it gets infected with Pokérus: Not true at all.​

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • I've never gotten it myself, but I got a once-infected japanese Eevee from the GTS. Since it's bold nature, I'm going to ev train it and evolve it into Vaporeon if I ever need one.

Back