• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokerus VS Shiny Pokemon

Which encounter has been more common/easier for you?

• Shiny Pokemon!

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Pokemon with PKRS!

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Even!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I never encountered any of either!

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    I traded a Lumineon from Pearl to SoulSilver and many of my Pokemon caught Pokerus from her.

I've actually found more Pokerus than Shinies.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I've gotten Pokerus two or three times. (Most recently, I caught it the day I started playing Black.)

I have three shinies.

Unless I'm mistaken, just going by probability you're more likely to catch Pokerus than you are to stumble upon a shiny. But with such slim odds it really just comes down to luck.

Kendosis

Gym Leader
    Years
    They're both based on your luck imo cause I've never found a pokerus pokemon but I've ran into numerous shiny pokemon lol.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I never encountered any of either!

...I've found no Pokemon with Pokerus or a shiny. ;___;
    /fml

I feel kinda sad that everyone else here has found one of either. :x I'd say the chance of getting none is highest!

I have never found either in any of my games... ;w;
    /fml2

Although, unless I dreamt it, I may have seen a green Zubat in my copy Silver way back when and ran from it for some reason.

Oh woe is me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2012
    i have about..20 or so shinies...but never seen nor have any pokemon with pokerus before...enough said lol

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I've got Pokerus. Twice. While I only found 1 shiny pokemon in all of my game and I accidentally fainted it. So I choose Pokerus

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    I have never in my days of playing Pokemon seen Pokerus once, without getting it from GTS or something. But Shinies on the other hand, I have seen a good amount. So I've seen about 15 shines and absolutely no Pokemon with Pokerus. [

Cathar

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I've seen one shiny pokemon and no pokerus.

Gee, for 10 years of Pokemon I have alot to show, don't I?

Same goes for me
    Either half of the people here are lying about their shinies (or used some special methods to get them, which is okay) or there was something wrong with every Pokémon game I ever played. :cheeky:

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
    I come across Pokerus way easier than I come across shinies. I haven't caught or owned a shiny Pokemon since about 2008 when I was still playing Diamond & Pearl. It might be the fact that I get lucky but on just about every file of a Pokemon game I play one of my Pokemon gets Pokerus. My most recent encounter with it was when my Servine caught it on Route 3.

Back