• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokerus

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Hello, i am about 14 hours in to Soul Silver and i was in the grass outside of the safari zone and i fought a pokemon and it gave me pokerus. i was wondering since pokerus is like one in a million has anyone else got it from HG or SS or am i the first one? ill upload pictures if anyone wants to see proof that the pkmn wasnt traded

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Lucky dog, and I'm sure there are others out there out of the millions of people playing it.
    Remeber to infect others and store one or two in your pc so you always have Pokerus.

Years
    Erm, I feel pretty stupid for asking this... but what is Pokerus?

My Togekiss from my party in Platinum has it, and I don't know what the heck it is. How do you spread it? What does it do?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I don't have anything in HG that has the Pokérus yet. I'm probably just going to be cheap and infect my stuff when I import it into Platinum for some much needed grinding that I don't wanna do in HG.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Erm, I feel pretty stupid for asking this... but what is Pokerus?

My Togekiss from my party in Platinum has it, and I don't know what the heck it is. How do you spread it? What does it do?

Pokerus is a pokemon virus that increases you pokemons growth by a vass amount ( Very good for ev training - Doubles the evs )

To spread just battle with the pokemon by another and it will catch the virus.

How to keep the virus is, at 12:00 if your pokemon is still in your party with pokerus the virus will disappear... if you wish to keep the virus then store a pokemon with pokerus in the PC.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
    I had a Pichu with Pokerus, in Platinum. I spread it :)
    None yet in HG. Im waiting for one because I'm EV training now,and I'm sick of one-shotting Magikarps, Bellsprouts and Gastlys for only one EV.

rhei1

Casual Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    I obtained it through A beedrill I got in the GTS.

Years
    I got Pokerus. Like, my ENTIRE team has it and I don't know where it came from. :/
    But I would LOVE to know how to spread it, if anyone would like to share? ;)
    In order to keep the virus aviable for future use, give it to an unaffected Pokémon from your PC. To give to the unaffected Pokémon the virus, just battle with it once. After you get the Pokémon infected, just put it back in the PC to preserve it.

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    Great for EV training along with Power items so that would give a total of x 8 EVs when training. I got Pokerus on my Staravia randomly after I transferred it to my Heart Gold. I also have one on my bidoof in Pearl. All legitimately found by me :D

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I got Pokerus outside Violet City yeah its hard to get but it isnt important when your just playing.

Years
    I got it on Sapphire years ago and have been cultivating it ever since.

I wouldn't know if I found it on any of the newer games because I could too easily mistake it for having been spread from one of my other infected guys.

Back