• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokescript or XSE?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • I didn't find any thread like this so, I hope this is legit.

Which is easier to use for a noobish scripter? XSE or Pokescript?

NatureKeeper

I say XSE. I didn't try pokescript, to be true.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'll say Pokescript just to confuse some people XD I found it easier to learn and haven't had the time to convert yet :P.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    PokeScript is the one I usually script on; I got used to it. However, now I'm using XSE to save time. I would have said PokeScript like 6 months ago, because I started on it, and made all my scripts using it. Now, I will say XSE is better for sure.

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
  • I started on pokescript, but I soon moved to XSE (it really is better).

However, I often use pokescript now (it has pretty colors :P) mainly because darwine won't open XSE.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • ugh, scripting is all to confusing for me, ( I just started btw )I've tried only tried XSE though, so I guess I'll go with that, even though i hate scripting

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Pokescript is really buggy and doesn't always work (at least for me).
    So... XSE.
    You could also use PKSV, its pretty good.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    XSE is better. Pokescript is Garbage.

Well that's not very nice. I learned to script on Pokescript, and it was plenty awesome back then. Of course, when I came back, I re-learned on XSE..

Will someone choose Pkscript? If yes then lol... XSE FTW

There are still quite a few people that use Pokescript, especially those who had used it before XSE came out and never made the transfer.

Personally, though, I like XSE. It's more.. up to date, and user-friendly. Plus, it's got all sorts of things to guide you through. :D

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Well that's not very nice. I learned to script on Pokescript, and it was plenty awesome back then. Of course, when I came back, I re-learned on XSE..

Not really garbage, just something many people don't use anymore.

Is that really necessary? How would you like someone calling your work garbage?

I over reacted. Although I don't really think that Pokescript is used by many people by now.

Back