• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Pokescript or XSE?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    You know already my answer, isn't it? Pretty obvious after all. Back in the days, I wasn't happy with any script editor around. That's what lead me to more than one year doing scripting research and programming. The final result? XSE. Not bad, eh?

The answer is Sooo easy!
    Of course Pokescript is better!

Oh, well. Better that XSE? Then, would you mind telling me 10 reasons why you prefer PokeScript? Just curious, maybe I could improve XSE even more.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • far and away xse. it has less raws, has a comand database that is much better, and is far less buggy.
    @hackmew somtimes munchlax has been known to be joking.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    far and away xse. it has less raws, has a comand database that is much better, and is far less buggy.
    @hackmew somtimes munchlax has been known to be joking.

LOL. Didn't you notice I was joking too? XD
    BTW, less #raws? The only needed ones are those for the movements or the mart data.

dogz

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    XSE
    Pokescript used to be great but is old and outdated now less commands,etc
    if you want text color thing than use advance text easier text editing by so FAR

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to be totally unoriginal and say XSE.
    I used Pokescript for about a year before XSE was released. Not only was I able to basically take everything I used in Pokescript, but XSE bug tests and contains the compiler in the same program. It's much more compact, user-friendly, and easy to pick up with in-line help, among other things.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • I knew this would come, but hey, what happened to PKSV???

[sarcasm]
    Well, I've been having a hard time with XSE lately. I mean, first of all, the commands are too easy to learn, I just can't remember them most of the time :S I was so used to #raw!

And it always seems to compile quickly, I can't really catch my mistakes if there are any when compiling.
    But how can I catch my own errors? The built in "error-finder" always pops-up!!! Lol Especially when I forget to add 0x6 to msgbox >_>

It's just, when I used pokescript, things where a lot better, and hacking was more fun.
    P.S. I can't stand when XSE doesn't compile garbage data to my ROM! :(

[/sarcasm]

All jokes aside, pokescript was a good program in it's time. But with all the required files and such, I lost my interest.
    When XSE came out, I was sooooooo excited! I started to hack right away, and noticed the immediate difference; The efficiency, and also the speed.

So my vote goes to XSE! :)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • ....I have to say...of the available options, XSE is way better. Of course....I couldn't even figure out how to comile scripts in POKESCRIPT, so yea....plus doesn't it compile extra stuff too? stuff we don't need? IDK just seems like i heard read that somewhere. However, PKSV, is by-far the most user friendly GBA script editor, plus it supports G/S/C and FR/LG/R/S/E. XSE is very simple and strait forward to use though, not as much distracting fun stuff. POKESCRIPT doesn't even have an IDE if i remember right....ha it's been so long since i tried using it....don't u just save the file with notepad?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    XSE is easier. I used both XSE and Pokescript, and from my experience, I believe XSE is easier.

NatureKeeper

I have another opinion that XSE is better than Pokéscript.THE GUIDE AND COMMAND DATABASE. Although I had to figure out what does a special does by myself, 'acually I focused on that very special cause It was a part of rock smash, which gives a chance of encountering 'tree' section Pokémon depending on the encounter rate. Special is ... *drumroll* 0xAB! Used that in my honeytree script.

Back