• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeSpecial scansription...?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    OK, so there are a lot of people who can scan, but the scans are all in... a lot of different languages and stuff. I have volumes 1 - 24 in English, and can scan if necessary, but with all the other scans out there I'd rather not... so, I figured, if we can gather links to various scans in various languages, we can just retype what's in the English version, and not have to worry about translating... and... umm... yeah. ^^' So basically... do you guys think this is a good idea, or just stealing...? And, umm... if you guys could post links to scans in any language, that would be great, too...

Ed Phoenix

Perfection matters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    I think it's a great idea. I've heard/seen a bunch of scans and stuff, but there all over the place. It would be nice to have one organized set of scans for each volume.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get all of yours in English?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    ^_^ EBay, from the seller Daigames. I'd post the link to her store but I haven't made enough posts yet...

If you don't mind me asking, where are some of the places you've seen scans?

Ed Phoenix

Perfection matters
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    eBay huh?

that seems reasonable.

About the scans, I've seen a bunch of them on this site, but that's about it. =P

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Well, it's true that there are many scans of pokemon special out there...... But trust me, they're NOT everlasting. (the imagehosts kinda like to delete old files you know)
    Although, Ruby_Norman have a thread in this section of the forum where he give out scans of the a bit newer volumes, you might wanna take a look.

EDIT: Don't be afraid about scanning the English Volumes, since the newest one on this forum (completed) is Volume 9.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    Eh, well I could always save them on my computer and reupload them if needed...

Yup, I've been thinking about scanning, but I'm really lazy and obsessed with keeping my books in good condition, so I'd rather not have to if there are already people who've scanned volumes in other languages. (I know, I'm selfish... ^^') EDIT: Plus, my dad freaks out whenever I infringe on copyright... you see, it is part of his job to get copyright-infringers in trouble, and so he goes around all day associating coypright infringement with getting sued... he didn't even want me to read what nicoleb scanned...

*cough* ANYWAY... thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Chamo-chan, keep in mind that the forum rules state your posts must have at least 4 words AND 25 characters in them. If you haven't read the rules yet, do so time. It may save you from getting warnings in the future.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Oh well, we can't force you into breaking any rules.....
    But as I meantioned earlier, the other ways to do it aren't easy. (haven't actually said how long it would take, too.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    And IF you're going to scan and distribute the scans, make them downloadable (pack them using winrar and upload them at megaupload)
    As I said before, the image hosts like to delete old images, so you might save yourself some work if you do the safer thing first :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    ^^'' I was going to start at Volume 10, of course.

And he's not a policeman, he works for a bank...

Thanks for the advice, Hellsblood.

But we are getting way off-topic here... >_<

Years
  • OK, so there are a lot of people who can scan, but the scans are all in... a lot of different languages and stuff. I have volumes 1 - 24 in English, and can scan if necessary, but with all the other scans out there I'd rather not... so, I figured, if we can gather links to various scans in various languages, we can just retype what's in the English version, and not have to worry about translating... and... umm... yeah. ^^' So basically... do you guys think this is a good idea, or just stealing...? And, umm... if you guys could post links to scans in any language, that would be great, too...
    can u please post pokemon special 18 and 19? im dying to read them! please!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2009
    can u please post pokemon special 18 and 19? im dying to read them! please!

>____< I think everyone on this forum has an alarm in his or her mind that is triggered by the consecutive use of the letters S, C, A and N. When this alarm goes off, a signal is sent to the fingers, and they automatically start typing requests... not to say I'm any better.

Grimsg

Manga Merchant
    Years
  • Hi guys,

I understand your generosity and desire to read all the Pokemon Adventures comics free but why not purchase the books for real! I sell to people all over the world and accept payment easily through Paypal. If you would like to purchase them, please feel free to drop me a note to work out a reasonable postage price.

Also, if you do purchase the books, you get an actual physical spiffy copy of the book in all its amazing quality, way better than reading a scan! Plus, the person scanning the books gets to save them by not having to bend and contort his precious books into various shapes just to get the perfect scan.

So do yourselves a favor: Save up your Christmas money and purchase the books for real : )

Grimsg

Back