• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeStops!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    What kind of places/landmarks are PokeStops in your area? Supposedly they are historical markers, monuments, art, etc. but over here, there seems to be a lot of pretty mundane things that count as PokeStops (and I'm not complaining! Free items every time I walk my dog, lol), like every electrical box around my house, some benches, the local bakery, post office and so on, so I'm curious as to what other kind of things and locations are considered Stops in other places. :)

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • Most of the ones around me are pieces of public art. My town is crazy for sculpture, so there's a lot around! Besides those, the community pool and playground in my apartment complex are PokeStops. I'm within range of the pool from my apartment, so I don't have to go anywhere to collect Pokeballs and eggs, hooray! :)

Also, the closest Gym is a bar around the corner. Lmao.

Years
  • PokeStops in my town are kinda cool I guess, the Library and an old Lace Factory are a couple whilst there's a skateboard ramp really close to my house that's been turned into one making it easy to get items whenever a walk my dog :)

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Every. Single. Church.

There aren't many Pok?stops close by to my apartment. There's only two I can see on my map while I'm at home, and neither are reachable without walking a ways... and neither are places I really want to go (see my earlier comment). There is an older, dilapidated skate park down the road that serves as one though. Kinda neat.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2016
    Where I live is Vietnam. We have not been able to discover Pok?mon GO:( Feeling too bad

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I live in this town with a lot of historical murals and old buildings. Pok?stops everywhere. When I'm watching TV I have two Pok?stops in range, pretty nifty :)

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Most of the pokestops around me are in parks or playgrounds mostly :o Mainly around signs and sculptures.

Paper Lantern

Lady of the Lake
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2016
    Those red balls in front of a target near my house count as a Pokestop. xD

There's a looooot of gyms near my apartment (counting 10+ just driving to a local bojangles), but the Pokestops are usually really mundane, like this mailbox shaped like a dog.

To be fair, it is a very cute dog.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    we have this special carved tree in a park next to us. That's a pokestop. So is the sign next to the tree that tells you the name of the park. And there are 3 of these signs in the park lol, each one is a pokestop.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    From what I can see there are zero pokestops in our area. There's also zero Pok?mon, aside from the two Pidgey inside our house.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    I kinda live in the hood so mine are weird. Today I visited pokestops located at a car wash as well as a hole in the wall burrito restaurant. LOL

Love_Fight_Repeat

*Having_Fun*
    Years
  • For me churches, odd landmarks, schools, fountains, art, disc golf tees, dog parks, libraries.

Question: Has anyone gone to a golf course yet? Is every tee and hole a pokespot or even a gym?

Back