• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker bug

Years
  • Don't know anyone else have noticed but.. on your pokewalker when you press "Connect" is it me or it actually says "conneoting.." rather than "connecting..."?

Years
    • NC
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    Mine says "Conneoting..."

Man, I never noticed that before. It's going to drive me crazy now :D

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I haven't really gotten that before.
    Have you ever been able to actually fix it, or does it stay like that? Do you lose your Pokemon because of it?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I've always saw it was spelt correct for me. I'ts pretty funny.

Years
  • It looks like conneoting because the c is joined to the t.

You need to get your eyes checked mate - there is actually a space between the 'o' and the 't'.

how could nintendo make such a mistake on like half the pokewalkers???
    i suppose its taken THIS long for you to find it so...

And I bet the majority of the gamers out there have failed to detect this as well seeing as when its connecting you're focussed more on what's going on the DS screen than the Pokewalker.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hmm, I might have to recheck this for myself when I get home although I vaguely recall something like this so I may have already noticed this. Nowadays I don't bother reading the Pokewalker stuff - I just automatically connect it up and go on my merry way.

Anyways, if it's a typo, well...typos happen. Not the first time in a Pokemon game, let alone any video game ('The miracle never happen' or 'When you were in a child' comes to mind from the Ace Attorney series, heh).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    good eye!

i noticed that too and laughed when i saw it (i used to be a software tester) but in this case the picture of the connecting pokewalker speaks louder than the typo i guess...

Team Carbon Boss: Roran

Gonna quit this website.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Now every-time I connnect I'm going to see the typo :(
    No more sparkely connect screen:(
    But that's hilarious!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't see anything wrong with "Connecting" in my PokeWalker at all. It's just the font that makes the second "C" look like an "O."

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • My pokewalker say "connecting". Is just that the small letters made the "c" look like an "o", but i'm 100% that is a c. Anyway, good one, that was a little detail that no one has noted until now.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I dont recall anything. But I will check it out to see if it does say it xD.

Back