• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker Catching/item Topic

Years
  • Hey guys, just thought of making this after looking at the catch rates for certain steps you've made so far.

What catches have you recently made?
    Which routes?

Me personally, I've caught an Ekans and Nidoran Male. I can now catch Duduos but i'm saving watts up for the next area. Then I'll have enough watts to catch a Kangaskan in the very first route.

Also what items have you found?

I'm at the start of the game just after getting pokeballs and have found a Potion, Antidote and Paralyze heal.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I've found a lot of items. Too many to list, actually. I brought my Pokéwalker to school today and hid it in my pocket. I sent the Watts over and unlocked the Suburban Area. I'm currently working on saving up for the next one. I caught Hoothoots and Sunkerns. That's all... But! I plan on catching more Pokémon.

Years
  • I've found a lot of items. Too many to list, actually. I brought my Pokéwalker to school today and hid it in my pocket. I sent the Watts over and unlocked the Suburban Area. I'm currently working on saving up for the next one. I caught Hoothoots and Sunkerns. That's all... But! I plan on catching more Pokémon.

Lol, since HG/SS only just came out today for UK I got it and started jogging around the field nearby my house. On monday to friday next week however, i'll be taking it to school since I have to walk about a minute or too after each lesson.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Too many to list, I'm at Blue Lake, waiting like a fool to get the Pikachu level. I need Ethers and Elixirs and everything.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Lol, since HG/SS only just came out today for UK I got it and started jogging around the field nearby my house. On monday to friday next week however, i'll be taking it to school since I have to walk about a minute or too after each lesson.

Hahaha! Yeah, I walk waaaaay more than I thought I would at school! I don't have any place to walk or jog, so the only choice I have to get a lot of Watts is to take it to school. Which is okay, but I might go to a gym and run on a treadmill with it on! =D Currently, I need about 180 more Watts... =( That's a lot...

Too many to list, I'm at Blue Lake, waiting like a fool to get the Pikachu level. I need Ethers and Elixirs and everything.

Do you know how many more levels you need to get to before the Pikachu one? I'm far, far, away from that... What kinds of Pokémon can you catch?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Catching Pokemon makes me angry. 90% of the time they run. D: And items are never where you pick.

Today, I caught two Magnemite and got Two Potions in the PokeWalker from the Suburban Area which I unlocked yesterday. Luckily for me, I got over 500 watts today. Even luckier, the way I accidentally attached it to my pocket caused multiple buttons to be randomly pressed and when I looked again I had 3 watts. :|

Syrp/Pnoob

Buy one, get one free
    Years
  • Catching Pokemon makes me angry. 90% of the time they run. D: And items are never where you pick.

Today, I caught two Magnemite and got Two Potions in the PokeWalker from the Suburban Area which I unlocked yesterday. Luckily for me, I got over 500 watts today. Even luckier, the way I accidentally attached it to my pocket caused multiple buttons to be randomly pressed and when I looked again I had 3 watts. :|
    If you keep attacking, not evading, then they can't run. However, it's really annoying when they keep evading and hurting you, and then run the one time you evade.

I put off playing SS for a bit, actually, to get to the Blue Lake course and catch a Dratini. I was able to get it on my game before facing Whitney, and Dragonair's now my main powerhouse.

-PN

And I just simply don't use the damn pokewalker.

-S

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Hahaha! Yeah, I walk waaaaay more than I thought I would at school! I don't have any place to walk or jog, so the only choice I have to get a lot of Watts is to take it to school. Which is okay, but I might go to a gym and run on a treadmill with it on! =D Currently, I need about 180 more Watts... =( That's a lot...

Do you know how many more levels you need to get to before the Pikachu one? I'm far, far, away from that... What kinds of Pokémon can you catch?

180 Watts? I get 300-500 a day! Anyway, you do not need a single watt to unlock the Pikachu event, just unlock it using the event that'll be released. But you need 10000 steps to get the Flying or Surfing Pikachu.

Years
  • I have to walk a mile to school then another mile back home which should get a few 100 steps on. I'm at my brothers house right now and he has a gym bike and treadmill which I could go on but i'm kinda tired.

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    My sister and I have been taking walks almost everyday since we got out PokeWalkers. I'm currently on the Hoenn Field. |D; Need to put my Pokemon in and out to try to catch the other Pokemon I possibly need before getting the next place, though.

Eventually, I'm going to be mainly using my Pokewalker for items, than for the Pokemon. XD;

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
  • i spent like an hour searching in Rally for a croagunk but all i got were sableyes, pikachus, and buneary, do i need the nat dex to get the other 3 pokes?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    The only ones Ive caught were a Murkrow and an Elekid and that was on my first time using the pokewalker just to get a feel on how to catch them in practice for the yellow forest

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • So far, I've only caught a Nidoran, an Onix and a Pidgey, and I've only got the first new area, and the one Jirachi unlocks.
    As for items, I only find Stardust.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    I have caught all the Pokemon in every area up to Hoenn Field (which you need the National Pokedex to unlock) except Wobbuffet. He is my Excalibur. I always end up with that bloody Bellsprout every time!

I have also found way too many items to list. I love getting the Big Pearl so I can sell it for cool cash.

Dempa

Fire Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I just caught a Ponyta and Magby on Rugged Road.
    Only had the pokewalker since yesterday.
    I found I racked up heaps of steps at work today, I worked for 4 hours and had a total of 8000 steps at the end of it.

Years
  • I just caught a Ponyta and Magby on Rugged Road.
    Only had the pokewalker since yesterday.
    I found I racked up heaps of steps at work today, I worked for 4 hours and had a total of 8000 steps at the end of it.

i've only had it since yesterday but I just started using it at 8:00PM soI couldn't really get thatmany steps.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I get about 1000-1600 watts a day since I have gotten the game, currently opened up to Volcano Path.

Back