• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen pokewalker: do you use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I always use it. sure, it gets kinda annoying to transfer the pokemon back and forth but that's why you only do it once a day/every other day. it's actually really useful because

1. your pokemon gets happy
    2. you only get 2 or 3 different pokemon when you go to a route but I've found that changes if you go to a different route and then go back to the first one. like I'll go to noisy forest and find say a kanghaskan and a nidoran, but then I'll go to other places and a week later go back to noisy forest and find all new pokemon like say scyther and whatever
    3. you get pokemon that you can't get anywhere else
    4. you get items. sometimes they're really good like evolution stones. usually there's stuff like stardust or nuggets (which you get money from... no more worrying that Mom has all my money :)), there's berries (which you can't get from many other places)... etc
    5. it makes you exercise. I find myself jogging in place a lot to earn up watts.
    6. it's cool to see how many steps you've taken. I've taken 218,806 steps in only 27 days =D. well... it seems like more when you've only been using the thing for 10 days and you've gone almost 100,000 steps

all in all the pokewalker's pretty cool and I hope they continue it into generation 5. and don't say you don't because if you don't like it you don't have to use it but some people do :P

Years
    Not even taken it out of its little package yet and I got the game in March :P Doesn't seem worth it in my opinion, getting 10,000 watts for a 5% chance of getting a rare pokemon? Easier to get it off the GTS :D

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I actually have been using it most days when I go out but I think I've stopped caring in the past few days. My Breloom has been trapped in there for about a week now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...This thread reminded me to transfer watts. After 12am though, so I lost steps ;;

But yeah I use it whenever I go somewhere, so sort of every second day! :D

Though this only started like a month and a half ago, even though I had HG since the day it was released here.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I used to take mine a lot of places, even school. I would take it for practice too, but I don't want it to get messed up or misplaced. So I don't really use it that much anymore, since I'm pretty much sitting in my house all day after practice. xD;;

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    This is dumb, But I restarted my ss without takeing the geodude off from the previous game.Then I connect the pw one day and It says game unknown. that sucks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Not even taken it out of its little package yet and I got the game in March :P Doesn't seem worth it in my opinion, getting 10,000 watts for a 5% chance of getting a rare pokemon? Easier to get it off the GTS :D

The GTS is useless.

I try and take my pokewalker out with me at any time.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've got a pretty laborious job, so if I bring my pokewalker with me, that's a guaranteed 10,000+ steps right there, and since I recently restarted HG for a nuzlocke challenge, I've been bringing it everyday just to unlock all the routes that I lost. D:

Solodomo

Psychic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2012
    I used to use my pokewalker but then i had it in my pants pocket, forgot about it, washed my pants and then when i put them in the dryer and heard clanking I looked all around in the dryer and the pokewalker didn't work anymore...I got my giratina back off it thanks to that reset pokewalker thing on the game =D glad they made that feature.

and that's my experience with the pokewalker......................yea.

Years
    I would use the pokéwalker more if:

1) Pokemon didn't miss out on learning moves when they leveled up.
    2) Pokemon didn't miss out on evolutions when they leveled up.
    3) You could use it to hatch eggs.

Years
    I used it only once, when I first got my HeartGold. I transferred my Drowzee to it. I thought it was pretty boring actually, maybe I need to try again though.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I used to carry my PokéWalker with me at all times, usually got around 10k-15k steps per day. I barely use it nowadays.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I use it all the time. Where I work, I could get 15,000 steps a day, depending on what I do. So the Pokewalker became a very handy way for me to raise my higher-leveled Pokemon who I'm not EV training/already have their moves/fully evolved to level 100.

Except I'm way too lazy to transfer Pokemon, so I don't use my Pokewalker right now. I still have to transfer my Lucario back to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back