• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen PokeWalker... Or More?

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    It would be nice if they kept the pokewalker but made improvements, like the xp. I really like the pokewalker, but I usually let my boyfriend wear it around, I think he likes it more for the fashion statement though xD

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
    The Pokewalker is definitely a nice thing. Yeah, I could see it being a Burger King toy or McDonalds - but they really wouldn't have any use unless you had Black or White right? At least upload a special event Pokemon to the toy, that you can play with; and then if you have B/W it can be switched over.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i would like it if they brought back the pokewalkers. but i would like that they added to it. make it so you can gain more than one level each time.

Esmas

General
    Years
    We may see a return of it, but it will probably be different. Ya know, like a Pokéwalker 2.0. Maybe it'll match the Black and White Versions, i.e., black design for Black and white design for White. Surely it will have more features, as I don't think the current Pokéwalker has any info or data on the new Pokémon, and it wouldn't be compatible.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    No I don't. The thing I hated about the pokewalker was that you only got 1 exp. point per step..Sure that is what it's intended to be buy after walking around school one day and coming home to over 3,800 steps my lv.20 vulpix was only at level 21! If they're gonna bring it back then they need to fix the exp. points gained per step. I'd like it if it were say 2 instead of one :D.

Other than that, we still have HG/SS pokewalkers, making new ones would mean me having like four of 'em (b/c I intend to get both black and white sooner or later).

Uh, you can only level up once per walk. That way, you can't abuse it and level up something like 20 times in one afternoon jog.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    just used mine today while mini golfing AND i'm taking it with me to the beach on sunday. huge kite comp. the poke walker is boss. i wish the can come out with a special edition one for B/W.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Uh, you can only level up once per walk. That way, you can't abuse it and level up something like 20 times in one afternoon jog.

Well wish I knew that. I don't see why it's limited to one level per walk. We could argue about it all day and night but really the whole one exp per step was just like in the daycare (like Suicune said) however it was a heck of a lot easier to say ride your bike up and down a city for a few minutes and have a low-leveled pokemon up by like 5-9 levels. Is this cheating? Maybe. Can it be compared to the pokewalker? In a way possibly..but I'd prefer not to go down that path.

Joe-kun

GOOD GOOD SMILE!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Well wish I knew that. I don't see why it's limited to one level per walk. We could argue about it all day and night but really the whole one exp per step was just like in the daycare (like Suicune said) however it was a heck of a lot easier to say ride your bike up and down a city for a few minutes and have a low-leveled pokemon up by like 5-9 levels. Is this cheating? Maybe. Can it be compared to the pokewalker? In a way possibly..but I'd prefer not to go down that path.

It isn't meant to be a massive leveling machine. It was an idea to trick people into exercising - Getting rare Pokemon and gaining a level is just a bonus. If you don't like it, then by all means don't use it for leveling - Just use it for the special Pokemon or for rare TM's or something.

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    They probably won't get a new pokewalker but something new so they can buff up the price ( soon pkmn games will cost like $100, ahhh!)

Years
    Seeing as they kept it in the box and made it go with your game, and it'd be stupid to make new technology that'll only stick around for 2 games in an ever expanding series...

Yeah, I think they'll be back.

I enjoyed carrying my Pokes around, even if they didnt level up fast.

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
    Years
    Pokewalker or something similar?

I have no clue if this topic has been done before, but do you think they will incorporate the Pokewalker into Black and White? Or do you think they might come up with something "better"? (Or just leave the entire thing out?)

As well as the current absence of the Pokewalker, based on the screenshots so far, do you think that they are going to leave the pokemon walking behind you left out this time around? Or do you think they are going to let you deside if you want one to walk behind you or not? (i.e. an option in-game) Would you be upset if they let these things out?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't think they will add the pokewalker to the package lol but they might keep the pokewalker funtions in the game with the reciver in the cartridge... though theres no chance in getting 5th gen pokes in there then.. NEW POKEWALKER...!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The pokewalker 2 should have a color screen, prpoer battling, more minigames and (might not happen) touchscreen.

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
    The pokewalker 2 should have a color screen, prpoer battling, more minigames and (might not happen) touchscreen.

So basically you want a mini DS to take with you? xD

I think they'll probably release something similar to the Pokewalker, it was clearly such a success but I don't think they're gonna want to repeat themselves. I like the idea of the different designs for Black and White though, it sounds like something that would tie into what they're doing.
    Basically, I think if we don't get another pokewalker, we're gonna get something similar anyways.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    para-dox :The pokewalker 2 should have a color screen, prpoer battling, more minigames and (might not happen) touchscreen

just a emmerald game battle scene the pokemon colored rse style and lot of other things using the rse style that would be awesome as for the touch screen i dnt know if they should make it (adds more to the price)

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    I really hope they will, i will not be getting a pokewalker with my ss, so it would be nice to have one for b/w and hopefully it would be compatible with hg/ss. Even if they keep it they same as it is now.

Back