• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokewalker! The whole, big Idea of this device!

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
Years
  • So, this is a huge new addition to Pokemon gamers everywhere, but what exactly is the point of this "Pokewalker"? I know there are a few things to do on the Pokewalker, but nothing "dazzling". I barely use mine. I've walked with it a few times at school, unlocked a few new routes (leveling every stroll is somewhat awesome), but... I want more out of my cute, little compact portable Pokemon cage! Are there going to be future events that solely involve the Pokewalker? Like, and event pokemon that you put in your Pokewalker that gets you something awesome? So many questions. I just don't completely understand the Pokewalker concept, but It's such a cool little device! I'm dying to make good use of mine. Post whatever is related, if you please. :]

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • I can't much argue with being able to bring a Pokémon with me at all times, and rewarding an active lifestyle with free (well, Watts aren't hard to get) Pokémon and items.

I especially like the availability of all the EV-berries, several useful hold items (like the Leftovers, Choice items, and Focus Sash), Rare Candies, PP Ups, and Colored Shards, which I transfer over to Platinum for the Move Tutors.

Then there's the rare Pokémon, like the Flying and Surfing Pikachus, and the Pokémon that have harder-to-obtain moves (egg moves, tutor moves, TM moves).

Only thing I would have liked more of would be some interactivity with my strolling Pokémon, instead of just using it to get Watts, Pokémon, and items. Something to make the Pokéwalker more of a standalone mini-game/pet. But I'm fine with just looking at my Azumarill awkwardly bounce around. x_x

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    The courses are a lot of fun as you have the chance to get tons of items and pokemon, the fact that it's random can be either fun or annoying, but that sure is better than praying to find a 5% luvdisc holding heart scale, or fishing forever on tiles to get Feebas.

So it's both fun and productive to use it, you just have to take a pokemon you like with you to make it even more special. (By the way I love how adorable the "return from stroll" stories are!)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • On my very first stroll, I caught a Kangaskhan. Too bad I didn't feel like using it in my in-game team. XD

...but that's the best part of the Pokewalker, you can catch fairly rare pokemon quite easily. And lately, I've just been farming items through the dowsing machine (I want to catch the Spiritomb and the surfing Pikachu, but I've still got a couple thousand watts to unlock their courses. D:)

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Jan 28, 2024
    Yellow Forest was an event course. You don't get it with Watts. Ergo, no Surfchu. But, yeah, if you connect with people you can battle with them as head bangingly stupid AI's in Viridian City's Trainer House.

Years
  • Step 1: Put Blastoise in your Pokéwalker.
    Step 2: Laugh at his dance he does.
    Step 3: ?
    Step 4: Profit!

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • Go to Mystery Gift right now and download Winner's Path via Wi-Fi, make an internatinal trade to get "Under the sea" or something like that, and trade in Jarachi for Night Sky's Edge.
    Here's more info for the courses.
    https://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

If you don't Ev train, you basically ruin the pokemon? Why not EV train, when you can have +63 base stat in 2 different areas. It's a huge advantage. Any pokemon that you use on your team should be Ev'd. But. To all of you! Thanks for all of the inspiration for my Pokewalker!

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    I find the Pokewalker to be a great way for people to identify other Pokemon players. Also the events are pretty awsome (winners path and yellow forest)

I cant complain.

larrysturtle

Let's battle :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    Leveling up for FREEEEEE when im not carrying my Ds around

plus the new champions path is pretty awesome

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
  • I carry mine with me every single day. :3
    My Jolteon has been in there all week though because I'm too lazy to connect with my game and send something else over.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I carry Lickitung around with me, though I'm not getting as many steps as I'd like to. Once school's over it'll be next to nothing :(
    Honestly though, I mostly use it as a pedometer and for curiosity's sake. Not having a selfdestruct Munchlax won't kill me, but some of the Pokémon they have available are pretty interesting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2010
    Hmm, I never really bothered with it since levels weren't much of a problem for me (I look up rosters and use Super Effectives, so I beat even the re-run with lv50's and the lv70 ubers).

However, the items interest me so I may have to figure out how to use this thing :p

Back