• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[poll] Do you watch the anime? How old are you?

Do you watch the anime? How old are you?

• Total voters

blood_demon

welcome to my planet hell!
    Years
    16 here and I watch the jap episodes. why? very simple. it´s because here, the place where I live, the DP season has´t started. Because of that, I have to download the episodes (of course with english subs).

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I dont watch the episodes all the time. Only when there's a good episode such as
    1. With Kengo
    2. With a gymleader (except if I dont like them)
    3. With a special character
    4. Misty
    5. An epic episode
    6. Shinji
    7. A place from the game being showcased

I'd download the Wallace episodes but May's in them so meh
    I wish there was a place where I could watch episodes directly. My harddrive doesn't have infinite space ya know.

I only watch the Japanese version now btw. I cant be forced to watch the dub by disrupting my sleep and having to see crappy-arse childish commercials. Ugh! It was bad enough on kidswb!

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Well, I don't think age has any relevance as whether someone would watch anime or not, but I'm little curious as to the age groups as well.

I'm 18 and I watch it. Of course, I only watch subbed series, unless of course the dub too bad, which they usually are. :\

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm 20 and I still watch it.

I've been with it since I was 9, and I don't intend to stop watching it until it ends.

o__O; Unless of course it decides to go until I'm well into my 30's.. xD; THEN thats a different story, probably.

However, I don't watch every single episode anymore.
    I don't find DP as amusing.. so I only really watch episodes that seem interesting to me, for whatever reason.
    I skip quite a few of the fillers, too.

Kao

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    Well im 15 I did watch a few episodes of the Diamond and Pearl series to see on how they pulled it off.

But I've herd rumors that this will be the last series and Ash settles down, theres a new Hero etc.
    There rumors but I hope there true :3

Years
    I'm 23 years old, and I watch the Pocket Monsters anime as frequently as they have new Japanese episodes to put up. Whether they're in RAW or SUB form hardly matters to me, as long as I can watch it, somehow. Basically, to make a long story short, I watch it on a weekly basis.

~ latiasfan2004

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    The poll seemed a little weird. Anyway I don't watch the anime… I just look at the screenshots since there is very little need for you to hear anything in the show. My age is in my profile. Oo

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I'm 17, been watching since I was about 9. Stopped when I was about 12 which was about Johto and gradually hated Pokemon and laughed at how I could have ever liked it. When I was 15 I saw the Smosh Pokemon Theme on YouTube, then I had the *crazy* idea that the 1st Pokemon episode maybe on YouTube...I watched it and wondered why I stopped watching, so I watched as many new episodes as I could and thought they were amazing in comparison to when I stopped watching haha. I was watching Advanced Battle, so I was wondering who on earth May, Drew and Max were. Or why they kept going on about ribbons and stuff haha.

And so here I am now. I usually watch dub, but I'll watch subs sometimes or raw if I can't wait (May!)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I don't believe age has anything to do with it. I am thirteen and I enjoy my regular dose of Pokemon anime. I can't say I'm a serious watcher though. I still love Pokemon anime very dearly, but I'm not as focused on anime as I am in the games.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'm 16, but I don't watch the anime anymore ^-^; I used to watch the first season like, religiously and I'll still watch any of the first season if it's on. But...the new stuff...I just don't like the characters or anything. I 'll still watch the movies though if they're on.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I stopped watching the anime a couple of years ago. I just grew bored of it and its repetitiveness. Fortunately, I'm still intrigued by the games.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I'm 18. I haven't watched the show deliberately since around the beginning of the Johto season.

I figure the Pokemon anime is a good reference frame for what I'm looking for in women. If you watched the first few seasons, that's awesome and it means I can relate to you and you were young when I was young and you're just the kind of geek I'm into. If you STILL watch the show, however, you're a pretty sad individual.

Years
    I'm 19, and I watch it occassionally, such as if I'm flipping through the channels and happen to land on it. I also have some of the VHS tapes, but have been unable to watch them for a long time. (I miss my VCR...)

Back