• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: Favourite Starter

What is your favourite starter?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Charmander

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Squirtle

• Chikorita

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Totodile

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Treecko

• Torchic

• Mudkip

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Charmander because he's cute but he's also big, cool and Dragon looking. I also like Chikorita because it's very cute, but its later evolution's aren't so cool. Mudkips are obviously awesome. Chimchar is my least favourite, not too keen on monkey/ape type ones.

Years
  • Charmander, maybe, probably. He's one of the cutest in my opinion and looks the coolest when evolved (want a shiny >.<). Tough one though because I like all the first gen ones, and of course, Mudkip (also quite like Blaziken).

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I Liked Piplup EverSince I saw Him He was Cool his Evolutions are Cool and I Have a Lv:87 Empoleon He's Just So Cool

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Treecko, and Sceptile in particular, have been tickling my fancy since early 2003. It must be how unique they are from other grass-type starters and their purely badass depiction in the anime. :P

So to answer the question on everyone's mind...I do indeed liek mudkipz, but treeckos are much better. :D

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It was so hard choosing between Mudkip and Piplup. They are my favorite two starters and both have strong evolutions..but I chose Mudkip b/c it was my first starter ever and b/c Swampert actually learns some ground type moves that compliment him being Water Ground...Empoleon's moveset is awesome too, but doesn't offer enough strong, steel type moves. I wish I still had my old Swampert, but now I have two Empoleons, one lv. 100 and one lv. 63. I couldn't imagine losing either of 'em.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • It's got to be Chikorita. Ever since I saw Meganium on Colloseum back in 2005 It's been one of my favourites. =P

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    SQUIRTLE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favourite starter by far, I'm a complete water freak but all his evolutions and everything are just great. I love quite afew starters; spesh all the kanto and johto. Hate the Sinnoh, and Hoenn's alright, but mehh still. I love treeko though =)

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • It's so hard to pick just one! I love Bulbasaur (as long as he never evolves :p) but overall..... I have to say Piplup! I just so happen to love penguins, and he is just so cute! Also, he has the most amazing personality of all the starters. So proud *sigh*

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
  • Todo-Todo-Tododile!

When I got this game, I got Totodile and my brother got Chikorita. I for one instantly liked Totodile and his evolutions. I definitely would want a Totodile if I could choose from the starters.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Squirtle.

Because Squ
    Poll: Favourite Starter
    irtle rolls hard.

And it was the best starter in RBY.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • pikachu is not a starter its just Ash's first and overly popular
    I By the way chose mudkip since it is the best up there water/ground is great but I always trade my starter away so yeah.... but mudkip is the best

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Its between Chikorita, and the 3 hoenn starters. ehh I choose Treeko. hehe it is a beast once it evolves and learns leafblade

Nanaboo

left my heart on thedancefloor
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    Definitely Bulbasaur, although Mudkip is a close second. :P

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
  • Dang it... maybe it'll help if I list all the ones I like:

Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodle... wait a minute, this isn't working! >_<

Ok, the ones I don't like: Mudkip, Piplup... that's it. Aw, to heck with it!

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    it's a tie between chimchar and chikorita, but ultimately i voted for chimchar.

Back