• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: How many pokemon generations do you see Nintedo making

How many generations of pokemon should Nintendo make

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    There are what, 493 pokemon, and over 1,589,361 species on this planet which include:
    5,415 mammals
    9,956 birds
    8,240 reptiles
    6,199 amphibians
    30,000 fish
    https://www.currentresults.com/Environment-Facts/Plants-Animals/number-species.php
    and that's just the vertebrates! So, do you think Nintendo will gut all the money they can out of Pokemon till it goes from awesome to boring and reptitive, or will it end on a good note?

*I'm open to playing pokemon as long as future generations have hard work put into them* If this has been posted before..sorry, but I couldn't find one directly related to this topic so I decided to make a thread for it...

there are some typos in the poll :(

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
    That is..about the coolest thing that I have seen today, and I just memorized the numbers...hm, hopefully they will do that!

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    That explains the number of Water type Pokemon. I don't know how long Pokemon is going to last but I hope it'll last longer than me.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    They'll just keep making them as long as people keep buying them. And since it's the second biggest franchise, probably until if they go bankrupt. It's kind of hard to predict that far in the future. So just forever, until further notice as far as I'm concerned.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Personally, as long as pokemon doesn't get bad in the later generations, I hope it lasts until after I die, I have a lot of fun with Pokemon.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    It's hard to say, they could go on for a very long time given it's popularity. But then again, they could stop after the 5th generation. It's just really hard to say.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    It's hard to say, they could go on for a very long time given it's popularity. But then again, they could stop after the 5th generation. It's just really hard to say.
    I don't see them stopping then. Maybe after 10, but just with 4 generations we've had around 34 games (including ones on gamecube, wii and the downloadbles such as Pokemon Ranch), and it's taken 14 years to get here. With another 6 gens imagine how long pokemon would last, the 2020s, maybe even the 2030s. But if you're right and they do stop at Gen 5, then I hope they at least make a remake of Ruby and Sapphire.

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
    I think they'll milk it as long as they can, an even then they'll milk it a bit more. I say they won't stop until they're no longer making a big profit off of it.
    Although most people would be against it I have to say I'm one of the few that would carrying on playing the new Pokemon games into Generation 20 or 30 lol I just love it, have done since childhood and my love for it is just as strong today.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    Well Im guessing as long as the creators are still alive then pokemon will continue. I believe that they can make more than 5 generations :D

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    How many generations of pokemon should Nintendo make?

Until they run out of money.

Seriously, over ten years later and there's still a niche in the market for these games, plus they're spreading out with titles like Ranger and Mystery Dungeon to appeal to new demographics. Yeah, if Nintendo has proven anything, they stick with what works *cough*marioandzelda*cough* and I'm still enjoying the games, so where's the foul?

ji

derp.
    Years
    There's only so much that Nintendo can do with Pokemon now, unless they keep re-making the game.
    Because honestly, I think they've already milked it on and on... 8D;;;;;;;;
    They're going to have to start running out of ideas...

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
    So, do you think Nintendo will gut all the money they can out of Pokemon till it goes from awesome to boring and reptitive, or will it end on a good note?

Lol, it already is repetative. All games have the same story line, so I mean, there isn't to much variation, except for names/cities. I feel like it will probably have one or two gens left. I mean, people will eventually stop paying money to play the same game over and over again. I think I might not even buy gen5. I'm only buying HG/SS because ilu Johto. I really only play pokemon for competative battling anymore, and I can do that on ShoddyBattle.

NAGATO

(>^-^)>
    Years
    I think that by the time the pokemon team is done there will be at least 1000 pokemon >> Iv always assumed that was there goal =]
    I will always play the pokemon games even if the pokemon look crappy. ( like 60 percent of gen 4 lol)

Years
    There's only so much that Nintendo can do with Pokemon now, unless they keep re-making the game.
    Because honestly, I think they've already milked it on and on... 8D;;;;;;;;
    They're going to have to start running out of ideas...
    Even when the series starts to fail, there will still be plenty of kiddies and hardcore fans who will buy each game. Just look at Sonic.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    They'll probably keep making new Pokemon generations, which I'll be looking forward to playing. But soon, it might get really repetitive if they don't put new features/items in.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    TBH, I hope it stops at 5.
    I mean it been going on for like 13 - 14 years now. The games are fun. But soon they are gonna milk out all the idea, and then end up like out of ideas, they should atleast stop around 5 or 6th one

Back