• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: How many pokemon generations do you see Nintedo making

How many generations of pokemon should Nintendo make

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Although i think Pokemon will carry on for a long time, I think there has to be a limit as far as new generations are concerned. When Nintendo get to around 800-1000 Pokemon, they should stop there and then just continue making games with the Pokemon they already have. They don't have to keep making new generations all the time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Nintendo will continue as with Mario, Zelda and so forth — to produce what is essentially the same game over and over and over and over and over and you get the point. Not to say they aren't good, just samey.

Mind, it's actually Game Freak making the Pokemon games, Nintendo is and has always been first and foremost a publisher rather than developer, but I'm sure they'd take up the series if Game Freak ever go bust.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
    as long as pokemon are in the hearts of many, pokemon will never end.

Actually, the person that made pokemon stated that he never intends to have an end for pokemon. And even if he does, it isn't in the near future.

Forgotten_hope

ジョン
    Years
    Nintendo will keep making Pokemon games until people no longer buy them (read: never).

There is no reason for them not to. Each of the games is a huge best-seller, and makes them tons of money. They have massive replay values, and play values in general. There are 0 games besides Pokemon that I have over 100 hours clocked per game (ok, maybe Kingdom Hearts 2, but, that's besides the point). If Nintendo stopped making new Pokemon, they would lose a massive revenue stream, and a massive amount of their fanbase.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    They're going to end up making far far too many (I think they're already crossed the line)... but I do want Pokemon to stay current, so I guess I can't win.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    The problem is, say they reach Gen 10, that's at least 1,000 Pokemon if they keep to adding roughly 100 each time. Catching 'em all in those games will be a nightmare. I'd love for them to keep making new games, but there's going to be a point where there's so many Pokemon that people will forget about the majority of them and not really care about them. I mean, we're at 493 in the actual games right now, and I'd say 200-250 of them I couldn't care less about. Come 1,000, that's around 500 at least.

I reckon they'll reach Gen 10 easily, but after that I'm not so sure. I just hope that the Gen 5 games are really different compared to the past 4. The formula is starting to wear thin for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Diamond, but I feel there's so much more they could do with the franchise other than just doing a copy&paste job with new Pokemon.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm fairly sure they'll reach a stopping point in terms of total pokemon tally (I'm wagering that it would be at 1,000 or so in Gen 8-9). but even still, while the main adventure games will be at their stopping point (unless they overhaul the traditional storylines majorly), the variety of spinoff games will continue nevertheless.

I certainly hope it continues long enough for them to release an all-inclusive MMORPG. >:O

Years
    I voted 11-15, and I beleive that could be true, if not even more! Pokemon has been one of the most successfull animated series to go on television, and while it is still a success the producers will continue making new episodes (generations).. And if the popularity of Pokemon drops in let's say for instance the UK, that wont mean Pokemon will stop, they will just stop airing it in the UK and carry on broadcasting it every were else.... Pokemon is broadcast all over the world and will carry on that way for a very long time.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
    I actually HOPE the 5th generation to be the last one, since I'm getting tired of too much pokemons, in the anime and in the video games, they could make it to appear all of the pokemons, since in almost each generation, there only appeared the new ones, and the old ones were almost forgotten (sorry for my english)

Years
    I'm guessing around 12 or 13. There are plenty of pokemon that still don't have evolutions, and then there are the classics: birds, rodents, fish & bugs. Hell, if they need to, they'll make 4-stage evolutions. They'll be able to come up with something every few years. The franchise shows no signs of slowing down. They could easily milk out at least 7 more.

Years
    I kind of thought that Generation 4 would be the last, imagine my suprise when I learned of a fifth was on its was. Seriously I didn't see it coming. Guess I need glasses or something.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I think enough is enough! There are too many pokemon!

I'm opposed to new pokemon in the fifth gen already!

It's going to start getting confusiong for the younger players, and completeing the pokédex will just be impossible!

I have no objection to new pokemon games, but for goodness sake don't introduce any new pokemon! Just use the old ones with a new world map!

We'll still play it!

I mean maybe even change the starter types to flying > fighting > rock

You could it with Zubat, Machop and Geodude.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    I seriously think that Nintendo will make about a total of 7 generations before they run out of original ideas. :)

Years
    I think enough is enough! There are too many pokemon!

I'm opposed to new pokemon in the fifth gen already!

It's going to start getting confusiong for the younger players, and completeing the pokédex will just be impossible!

I have no objection to new pokemon games, but for goodness sake don't introduce any new pokemon! Just use the old ones with a new world map!

We'll still play it!

I mean maybe even change the starter types to flying > fighting > rock

You could it with Zubat, Machop and Geodude.

That would be interesting seeing as those three are, I think, the only Gen I pokemon to appear in all generations. The only thing I hate is that you have to trade to get Golem, my favourite pokemon. I would like to see a game what does away with trade evolution and instead, they can evolve naturally. Hold items like the King's Rock can become a usable item so using it on Slowpoke would evolve it into Slowking just like an evolution stone. I've never been a big fan on trade evolution, not just because I don't have anyone to trade with but also because its probably the most unrealistic form of evolution. It basically impies that a wild Machamp or Golem is impossible and it needs to be traded with another trainer just so it can evolve. That is stupid, sorry but that's just my honest opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    You never know, pokemon can pretty much go on forever , it doesnt really seem like there could be a limit :S

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I voted 6-10 only because I don't want Gen V to be the last one. And anything more than that is too much (20???)

Let's just hope the trends reverses and Pokemon look more and more creative rather than the current trend....

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    They'll keep going until it becomes unprofitable. There's no way to determine when that might happen.

Back