• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: Kanto in Generation V?

Will Kanto reappear in Generation V?

• Yes

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 75.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm expecting Hoenn in Generation V, if anything other than Unova comes out of it.

Years
    I think the remakes will follow in this way (if Gen VI & VII happen):
    Gen III - Gen I Remake
    Gen IV - Gen II Remake
    Gen V - Gen III Remake
    Gen VI - Gen IV Remake
    Gen VII - Gen V Remake, etc.

---

Using that formula, we might not see Kanto again, unless in the future there is some "super game" that combines all (or at least a few) of the regions.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I see no reason to do remake of remakes or something like that...
    So imo generation V will be the first one with no Kanto in it.
    Just like the others I think that only III gen games will be remaked and that's all.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Kanto already appeared on the NDS, I doubt they'll make another game featuring Kanto for a while.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Uh, no. If Nintendo have any smarts they'll keep Kanto out of the games for a long, long time :) But I wouldn't mind seeing Hoenn and the Sevii Islands again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    i think they should remake pokemon R/S/E in generation V, I'm tired of kanto, it's old, it's dead. now maybe 5-10 years from now, yeah maybe. but now?! no no no no. I WON'T buy it. They need to put kanto aside for a while.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Kanto is the original, it's perfect in all its nostalgic glory. I would LOVE to see another remake of it - the only stipulation I'd put on it would be perhaps the hero could visit another region as well. I've always dreamed of an adventure that begins in Kanto and then stretches elsewhere.

I'm actually quite shocked by all the negativity about Kanto on this thread... I thought everyone loved Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The two posts above you refer to a thread that was closed, and our posts moved here. It concerns a rumour going around that Nintendo are remaking Red and Green for the 3DS.

The problem is, would you play the same game, again and again and again, generation after generation, where the story and locales are the same?

Kanto, and indded Red and Green, would need to be drastically overhauled to convince me to buy any remakes concerning Red and Green.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    The two posts above you refer to a thread that was closed, and our posts moved here. It concerns a rumour going around that Nintendo are remaking Red and Green for the 3DS.

The problem is, would you play the same game, again and again and again, generation after generation, where the story and locales are the same?

Kanto, and indded Red and Green, would need to be drastically overhauled to convince me to buy any remakes concerning Red and Green.

Wait, where did these rumors about Red & Green come from?

I would pay again and again and so on to see improved graphics and how Kanto has developed from GBA graphics to 3DS.

Years
    So far, Kanto's been in:
    Red, Blue, Yellow, Crystal, Leafgreen, Firered, Heartgold, Soulsilver.
    That's 8 games. I doubt we'll be seeing it again.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Unless its some ultra-high 3-D Wii / (future unreleased/annouced) console where theres more than two regions perhaps

but in Gen V i doubt it
    Gen V will probally consist of
    Black and White -> R/S remake -> third game

No kanto... unless the remake contain sevii islands which is part of the kanto region

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years

Yes, I would. I do see your point, but then I think about walking into the Viridian Forest and catching a Caterpie with my Charmander or something and I would love to see that happen with 3DS graphics. I love that story, it was the one that introduced us all to the Pokemon world. It takes me back to 1998 every time.

Back