• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll of the Week: D&P vs B&W

Poll of the Week: D&P vs B&W

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
    Years
    Oh Come on. Diamond, pearl and platinum was awesome. Black and white, never caught my attention much because it was a whole new region with only Unova Pokémon to start with. so I have to say DP

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    While B/W has the better graphics and the unique story,
    I prefer diamond.
    Simply because I prefer the menu (and the poketch). D/P isnt my favourite set though, but it is still better in game play wise than B/W. What I miss in B/W is the after league play options. In D/P you can still go to the gamblin hall, or you can go into the underground or you can go to the contests.

In B/W the only after league stuff you can do is battle a few trainers in the eastern part of unova.

There are the musicals too but they are more play and watch kind a games since there isnt a lot to do there other than waiting for the time to press 2 buttons.

What I dislike about B/W ( just having finished the league after a second go)
    is also that it is so linear. A Pokémon game was never so linear. You went from one town into the next route into the next town.
    All in a circular fashion. You didn't have a choice in it either.(like in Kanto , johto, hoenn to some extent, or sinnoh.)

In Kanto you could choose whether first to go to celadon and afterwards to poketower town, or whether you went to fuchsia via the cycle route or via the bridges route.
    you could decide whether first to do fuchsia or saffron. etc

In johto you had the choice between first taking the Ice arena or the fighting arena, or the steel arena, and johto had a nice route map as well (as did Kanto)
    The only time you have a choice where to go next in Unova is after the league. As you can decide whether to go to black city/white forest first or whether to go on from opelucid city)

Oh on graphics. I don't like how Unova is only Half cared about graphics. You have some really amazing ones in there and next you are into really standard ones again. Maybe if it had consistent graphics (like how is that reverting to a rough pixeled back spirit? I find this terrible , the only way to see it un pixeled is in the status . ( and on attacks: dig looked better in G/S (GBC) than it did in B/W)

Something that was also disappointing to me were the first towns.
    The first towns were concrete ghettos. Why couldnt they be put somewhere later? they were uninspired and just gave a bad feeling for the rest of the game when it had some nicer cities.

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
    I think DP was much better for a game in 2007 than BW, which was released in 2010. The physical/special split, 100 total TMs, revival of day/night, etc were all very innovative features. The new things BW brought are nowhere as appealing.

To bad the vote is closed.

Back