• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poll: What kind of games do you play?

What kind of games do you play? (Multiple answers allowed)

• Simulation

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Roleplaying

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • First Person Shooter

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Strategy

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • Sports

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Racing

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Puzzle Games

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Adventure

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Turn-based Strategy games are my favourite and I'm pretty darn good at them if you don't mind the time I took. But, uh, if it involves grinding, no.

I also love RPGs, but only if they're of the easy variety. I hate grinding.

That makes Adventure games and Platformers also some of my favourite, because I don't need to grind. =D

That and Layton. Layton is asdfghjklawesome.

(All in all, I think that just about means anything on a Nintendo console, lulz)

.YAS.

Media > Gaming
    Years
    I play....Everything. As long as people say the game is good, and it's not a movie licensed game, I'll play it. XD

Yeah, same here. As long as they are good! :P
    I love RPGs though

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I'll play any game that entertains me, which are usually adventure games or fighting games.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    In all honesty -- I think I literally love all games.

Well - Close anyway. I think I enjoy any game that sponsors a life that is impossible. (i.e. I hate Guitar Hero). Really -- I play (and own MANY games) but I think I dislike Mainstream half the time; Guitar Hero, Modern Warfare, World of Warcraft.

Other words, It depends on what I'm in the mood for! :D

Years
    Role Playing
    Racing
    Fighting (not Street Fighter or MK)
    Action/Adventure
    Puzzle

I prefer third-person RPGs.
    Racing game should have cops and houses.
    Fighting preference is Soul Calibur and Power Stone.
    Action/Aventure I like are Lara Crofts, Uncharteds, GTA series (action).

Puzzle games I enjoy are Columns, Tetris, Bejeweled, Dr. Mario, Lemmings, and BreakOut. Also enjoy newspaper Sudoku and crossword puzzles.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    i usually like playing..
    fighting - mainly 2d ones
    role playing - usually action rpgs
    platformer
    adventure - though mainly platform adventures
    though i do play games of almost all genres, those listed r what i usually play.

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    Roleplaying, strategy, fantasy, puzzel, and fighting games(like Bleach Shattered Blade).

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    I enjoy many different kinds of games...I love RPGs, Action, Adventure, Strategy, Fantasy, Platformer, I also enojy some simulation games...I'm not a really big fan of FPS (Although there are some exceptions), erm I hate sports games (Excluding the Mario themed ones xD)...

Neurotripsy

前向きロケット団!
    Years
    I play all of the ones mentioned in the poll! Though I'm not so fond of fantasy & I only like the cutesy sports games. I think I like RPGs & first-person shooters best.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Action Adventure is by far my favorite genre. Nearly all my favorite game franchises are part of it.

I actually don't like any other turn-based games besides Pokemon; I generally dislike the format and prefer to just thwack the enemies in real-time, and would rather only have to manage one character instead of balancing a whole party. It's a darn mystery why I like Pokemon so much. Western RPGs are neat, though, 'cause you still get the leveling element but without the other bits.

I'm not interested in guns and war or sci-fi themes, so I'm not into FPS games, and as with most genres I don't play (Fighting, RTS, Racing, etc.) I'm rather awful at them. I do like some good ol' Goldeneye or Borderlands, though. Their multiplayer stuff is fun as hell :3

Old-school platformers are fun (albeit pretty tough), and I do play the occasional puzzler (usually some form of Mahjong or word games, and of course Tetris). 'Communal' games like Mario Party are fun too, if I get people I can play with.

As someone who doesn't like sports I can't say that I have any care for the video game versions, either, though I did like playing Tiger Woods PGA Tour (I think 2004?) with my dad, brothers, and sometimes cousins. We'd get pretty wacky despite it being, well, golf X3

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    What kind of games do you play?

Personally, my favourite game type is simulation! I play Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and other simulation games, I however also play Roleplaying games like Pokémon. I am still waiting for an ultimate simulation game to come out, a game where you can build your own world and countries! :)

So what about you?

Kind regards, David :)

WAIT!! I WANNA CHANGE MY VOTE!!! I didn't know RCT3 was a simulation game! Well, actually, I just didn't think of it. And what is Spore considered? Roleplaying? Simulation?

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
    Blood. Gore. Head shots. Character building. Zombies. Fantasy Themes. Horror. Guns. Jarheads. Aliens. Monsters.

My favourite game so far (other than Pokemon) would have to be Fallout 3, followed by Alien VS Predator.

I dunno, I like all kind of games but, I like games with mostly what I've written above :3

Back