• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Poll:whats your favorite metal game?

whats ur favorite metal pokemon gamw?

• Silver

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Gold

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Crystal

Votes: 29 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michele

☮ & ♥
Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    crystal. it had more things to do, the pokemon had animations to them, and it was the first pokemon game where you actually got to choose your gender. :)

Weavile1110101

Casual Battler
    Years
  • I prefer silver, mainly because I owned it :P. But really, I thought the animations for crystal's sprites had far too many frames, and looked unrealistic. I dunno about gold... but yeah, silver was one of my first games, so I definitely prefer it.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal mainly because the Pokemon company stopped being sexist and realized that females (like myself) play Pokemon. Also because of the battle tower and the Pokemon animations

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    Personally I'm attached to Gold because that's what I owned. I know that will probably be the least popular choice because Crystal was the 3rd game in that generation, and Silver had better sprites which sways a lot of peoples' decision.
    lol i like your picture thats funny

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Crystal was the best as it had some good additions. I was completely in love with its pokemon animations.

Years
  • I have gold and crystal but I only got to fully play gold because my crystal kept freezing after I got my fifth gym badge so...Gold...

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Crystal all the way because the Japanese version was the first pokemon game capable of online play. it had the PCC (Pokemon Communications Center) which back then, would let you Battle and Trade to players all across Japan if you have a Mobile adapter (which would let you link a Game Boy Color with a Cellphone) It fell into obscurity because it failed from being too ahead of it's time, but would later be resurrected in DPP as Nintendo WFC. Everytime you use wifi in dpp,you can thank Crystal for that.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
  • Crystal was the only game in the second generation that I owned, and I loved it.
    The option of being a female character was a huge (and great) change.
    Not to mention, the sprites were best in Crystal.

magrathean

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • Crystal, definitely. Loved the blue hair. But, in all seriousness, it was the first one of the three that I played all the way through and it holds a special place in my heart.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    gold. i thought crystal was gay and i didnt like the focus on suicune
    Yes, good point. Crystal is definitely attracted to other men. That totally makes you look cool dude.

Anyway, I like Silver version, I've played through it at least ten times, and it has better sprites.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I think Silver was the best game, but only for its legendary. I know Crystal has more features, but i still didn't like it much... 0_\\

Back