• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Poltergeist summer 2015

Houndour2005

Banned
Years
  • poltergeist-photo-2.jpg

poltergeist-first-look-1.jpg

But the new film updates the classic story by moving it to a contemporary 21st century setting, with all the technology that entails. "The original film commented on how we've let television get out of control, babysitting our kids," said producer Raimi. "It's only gotten worse with the handheld portable devices. Screens are everywhere."

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Really? There's gonna be a new Poltergeist movie?? O.O Well, I loved the first movie a lot, so I guess the best I can hope for is for this to not be lackluster in comparison... Some remakes are good. Others... Not so much. I don't want to get my hopes up too much in the beginning lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I don't usually mind remakes, but I don't think horror movies should ever be remade. The whole point of a horror movie is to scare people, nobody is going to be scared by something they've seen before.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I don't usually mind remakes, but I don't think horror movies should ever be remade. The whole point of a horror movie is to scare people, nobody is going to be scared by something they've seen before.
    I disagree. Even if you know what will frighten you, there are always elements that weren't there, or asthetic changes that could worsen the fear. Take Rob Zombie's Halloween. Sure the back-story was unnecessary, but the grimy, torn look of Mike's mask made him much more menacing. Didn't grow up with Poltergeist like a lot of people did, but having seen it I can see where this remake is going, and I'm all for it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Since Sam Raimi is involved with this remake, perhaps it could be decent? And his quote sounds like he's updating the story to fit in with modern times to prevent the scares from being dated, which what one of users mentioned in my Unfriended thread how today's modern technology are being used for upcoming horror films.

Back